Blue-Eyes Pale Beast [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

It's story time!

Ok so... I remember getting the first Kaiba structure deck for Christmas way back when.  There are a lot of cards in that original deck that I still have good memories of.  Pale Beast is one of the ones that stuck out to me most of all though.  I'm still not sure why; maybe because it looks like more of a "monster" than most of the other cards?  Or maybe... I always felt like there was some weird connection between it and BEWD.

Well, I wanted to make that connection real, so... here it is.

Blue-Eyes Pale Beast
LIGHT ****
Beast/Effect
If you Summon a "Blue-Eyes" monster, you can target 1 Spell/Trap on the field; destroy it.  If you control a Level 8 monster, this card's original ATK and DEF are doubled and its original Level becomes 8.
1500/1200

This is actually pretty good support for Blue-Eyes. The fact that it's a 4 star monster can REALLY help out the deck in many ways. Assuming the Blue-eyes player is going second and has a good hand, he can easily pop back row and can bring Titanic out more consistently as well as the XYZ Galaxy dragons. However, because of the fact the first effect isnt once per turn and it can easily be a 3k atk beat stick with a Foolish burial and Return of the Dragon lords, it could very well replace Dragon Spirit of White since it wont be as bricky. Not to mention it can hold it's own quite well on the field compared to some of the other Blue Eyes support monsters like Protecter, Legend or even Maiden.

Archived