Most Overrated Cards

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sak is overated, shrink dominates it.

But it still has its uses, a 1 for a 1 is forgiveable in most cases, as long as its a wise exchange. Dustshoot however usually is superior to saks in todays meta. Why feed their graveyard when you can just not deal with it? Gives you knowledge of their hand, send a monster back, and sets them up to be mind crushed, confiscated, or overwhelmed assuming they lack monsters.

I remember when Saku came out, everyone one at my tourny place started trading REALLY good cards for multiples of it.

I don't play them anymore though. I usually play Dustshoot, Crystal Raigeki, or ... that one wingy card... ... ... ... (somehow I forgot the name, and I'm too lazy to look for my deck)

i thisnk the overrated cared is pot of greed i mean it only lets u draw two cards

Lol, I dont know if your being sarcastic or what, but still, Pot of Greed is a FREE CARD and a free magic card for the graveyard. :)

It's only not cheap in a LOB fusion deck.

You want to see an overrated card

ENTER: Shrink

It's a horrible card. All it does is split the Orginal ATK in half, and for what, to destroy one monster. If your opponent has an equip card, its basically useless. There was no point in creating it. I stick to sakrestu armor.

You want to see an overrated card

ENTER: Shrink

It's a horrible card. All it does is split the Orginal ATK in half' date=' and for what, to destroy one monster. If your opponent has an equip card, its basically useless. There was no point in creating it. I stick to sakrestu armor.

[/quote']

Are you kidding. Here's some uses, on a very very long list:

1. Cut your monsters Atk in half to dodge bottomless.

2. Target a spirit reaper.

3. Have them attack into your hydro ect. when they have facedowns and shrink them.

4. Its chainable. They mst it, shrink a monster.

Shrink is one of the best cards around. Saying its overrated means you don't know the impact of the card in the OCG, or how good a card it is here, it helps many monsters with their effects and is a great card in usage with Gadgets.

Wait a minute, so far ppl have said: Cyber Dragon, Shrink, Pot of Greed, Diamond Dude, etc. Do you ppl even know what it means for a card to be "overated"?! (I don't mean you Sartorius, DH2K7, and Chaoserver, you guys know what you're talking about). Those cards are good, plain and simple.

I agree. But SHRINK Is a sucky card' date=' ovverated or not. I would get more use out of Riryoku, because i would gain points too.

[/quote']

Well, thats fine, but when you've played your Riryoku and attacking into a Mirror Force or Sak Armour.

I'll let my opponent attack me, and then chain Shrink, their monster dies, and I come out of it far better, seeing as I could then attack them directly on my turn.

Shrink is not sucky in the least bit. It's chainable and versitility makes it a far usable card than Riryoku could ever be, but Riryoku is a good card itself, don't get me wrong, it has its uses, but don't say a card is sucky when its not.

I understand how much they suck. Traps are much better. Cards like Sak' date=' Draining Shield, and Mirror Force are better.

[/quote']

Jinzo and Decree are laughing, while all the quick-plays cry at your lack of understanding how good they really are.

DH2K7 dont waste your time arguing with him... I mean look at his decks. He doesn't understand the mechanics of the game.

Oh he does probably understand these things, he just doesn't realise how good quick-play Spells can be.

Which you do have to make a small admit, Traps like Sak Armor are more useful than some Quick-Play spells, but thats at a very simple level, the '1 for 1's as they say, Quick-Plays help with combo's, have the versitility to be used as an offensive and defensive tool, as well as other things.

But the slowness of Traps is what makes them really on the same level of Quick-Plays, they both got their own pro's and con's, Traps work best in 1 situation, Quick-Plays the other, but when you go and say Quick-Plays suck overall, then thats when you haven't understood the real power behind Quick-Plays.

I also like a nice argument, so I don't mind typing a lot, if it helps.

Well seeing as your talking to someone convinced snatch steal is bad in a monarch deck' date=' good luck convincing him. -.-

[/quote']

There's being Stubborn about something, and then there's stupid.

Throw me a few links please ^^

Here you go:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/showthread.php?tid=5780

His second response was where all faith was lost.

To be fair, it isn't truly a Monarch deck, there's only 1 of each, but then again, saying Snatch Steal is pointless is silly.

Snatch Steal was once banned for being too good a card, god knows why it was unbanned for Advanced tournaments, but there you go.

There isn't a downside to Snatch, but if he had just said, "I don't want to use Snatch in this deck", that would probably be fine, his deck, his choice, you can tell him all the time Snatch is good, you can't make someone change their mind if they're dead set on it, but to 'bash' a great card like Snatch, thats when you realise some people need to understand some things better.

Plus Brain Control would be a better card to run instead of Snatch anyway in that deck, in my opinion ;)

Archived