Jappio's Splicing Tutorial

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what you mean by the text being gone mooth, it's there right now.

You did a fairly nice job with Octillary+Sharpedo Synthiea. The main problem I find is that there is very little Sharpedo in this splice. The only other problem I can see with it would be the fin's position, don't look exactly right, it doesn't look like its going in the same direction as Octillary.

7/10.

Also we save as .PNG because file types like .JPEG make the sprite look horrible. .PNG makes it so all the pixels and stuff say the same. .JPEG things distort colors and pixel placement.

XDRangerPureX that is a very ummm.... interesting image. I think you missed the point of the tutorial, this is for sprites. I would rate it, but it isn't really a sprite so I really am not able to do such a thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I have now completed my video tutorial for splicing in paint. It doesn't quite show off too many advanced techniques, just because those things fall under actual spriting skills, and those take way longer to teach. The video is in 4 parts. I explain everything pretty in depth though, so I think it is worth it. Beginners I think can make pretty good splices if they stop and watch the whole thing. I also narrate it, so there isn't a ton of reading you have to do either. It is also done live, and the splice I did blind, so the example splice isn't my best, but it shows what needs to be done with most.

i cant save as ".png" it says:

[spoiler=Save as type: 24-bit Bitmap (*bmp;*.dib)]Monochrome Bitmap (*bmp;*.dib)

16 Color Bitmap (*bmp;*.dib)

256 Color Bitmap (*bmp;*.dib)

24-bit Bitmap (*bmp;*.dib)

Graphics Interchange Format ( *gif )

JPEG File Interchange Format ( *.jpg;*.jpeg )

no ".png" wat do i do??? :(

Archived