Jappio's Splicing Tutorial

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have to say Mr. Roh your idea isn't bad. Thing is you made on of the bigger mistakes in splicing. This mistake I thought I went over in both my tutorials, so I don't know how you missed it. You seem to have saved as .jpeg. Doing this ruins the sprite, it discolors and pixelates it. I also find your placement of the arms very awkward. Hard to say more, when it's in this condition I can't really judge things properly.

Seems you also didn't pay attention to either tutorials. You also saved as .jpeg blinded warrior. Just like the other one, this messes things up a lot. Lack of recoloring is also disappointing, recoloring can really help a splice. The whole two tails things is weird, and neither tail looks natural. The start thing on the head doesn't quite fit. I can't tell, but you may have messed up the eye. That though could just be the .jpeg though.

• 4 weeks later...

Very good' date=' though this is already in Showcase.

[/quote']

True, but I have it showcase because I consider it related to my splices and all. I have it here too because most people don't look in showcase threads for tutorials, they come here to find tutorials.

• 4 weeks later...

[align=center]Told ya more were coming soon!!!

(please also tell what the best and whats the worst)

Splice#6: Batch15.png?t=1239064499

Splice#7: Batch16.png?t=1239064501

Splice#8: Batch17.png?t=1239064514

Splice#9: Batch12.png?t=1239064523

Splice#10: Batch13.png?t=1239064545

Splice#11:Batch11.png?t=1239064547

Splice#12: Batch10.png?t=1239064550

Splice#13: Batch6-1.png?t=1239064554

Splice#14: Batch7.png?t=1239064556

Splice#15: Batch6.png?t=1239064563

Splice#16: Batch18.png?t=1239064939

[spoiler=Description] Nobody knows how this Pokemon flies, but it does, it does fly!!!

[/align]

• 4 weeks later...

Jappio, you forgot something about the splicing: rotating. If you know how, be sure to use it. changing the angel really helps. I've tried splicing from a horrible tutorial on youtube (not yours) and rotated and it turned out really good!

EDIT: after a few seconds watching your tut on youtube, you talked abou rotating, JUST NOT HERE!!! you should put rotate on your written tut

• 2 months later...

Well the fact that you didn't do much is part of the problem. You didn't recolor which is a major problem. You need to recolor to make the the pieces flow nicely with each other. Also do to the fact you've done so little, it only looks Gallade with grass arms and a Heracross horn. Generally with a splice it is about creating a mixture, something new. You however did as you said, only did a slight edit, nothing too amazing.

I know thats because im the type over person to start small and get better as I go along. As for recoloring I thought the colors looked ok together but i guess I was wrong there (apparently its about making it mostly one color to make it look more natural). I recolored the horn slightly and the arms so how about a rate on this newer version?

Splicer1-GalHeraVinevs2.png

>> If this is terrible sorry!

I wouldn't call terrible, but still has flaws. The way the horn is attached still needs work, and the way you colored it has also seemed to have messed up. The shading on the bottom right arm has been completely turned to one shade, which is bad.

Archived