Great Olympian Genesis {42/42} FINISHED!

staticrevenger

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've got 2 things to say straightaway. First of all, "Release" is not the correct OCG for cards. I've never seen a card in the TCG which states "Release" instead of "Tribute". Don't fall for the trap; say "Tribute". Secondly, if this isn't going to be a comprehensive set, then it doesn't need a comprehensive edit. So I'll do a quick one:

"Bia" -- Where do you Special Summon your monster from? Unlimited.

"Kratos" -- Its pretty easy to set a Spell and a Trap in your Graveyard. This would make a powerful free summon (EX: Special Summon him during your Standby Phase for a 0-tribute monster with 2400 ATK. That's the ATK of the "Monarch" Monsters, pretty much the strongest monsters in the metagame!). Just the free summon would have been harsh ("Cyber Dragon" needs to be taken into account for its similar ability, with different req.) on the metagame, but that 300 ATK boost is too much ^^. Banned.

"Eos" -- In your effect, you call him "Personification of Dawn", but his name is "Personification of the Dawn"... choose one. Unlimited.

"Iris" -- The OCG on this card is awful ^^... "Release" and "Advanced Summon" aren't in the American, Australian, or any english-speaking OCG format. Not only that, your second sentence is unneeded. Only in the old metagame was that needed. Now, its already established in the official game rules that 1 monster can only be Tributed for 1 goal unless otherwise directed. Unlimited.

"Helios" -- Even though he doesn't get his effect, pulling out "Apollo" means pulling out a 2300 ATK monster... and for the easy price of a no-tribute Summon? Banned.

"Selene" -- Same as "Helios", just "Diana" has less ATK, and gets to keep her effect. Banned ^^.

"Nike" -- Your first sentence should read sort of like this: "If the only monsters your opponent controls are in Defense Position...", and you didn't specify what kind of counters. If you chose, say, Spell Counters, you could use support cards to get those counters up to 3 very quickly even without "Nike" attacking ^^... if it remains as just "Counters", then you mean any counters... which is even worse. Banned.

"Eile-something-something" -- You get an extra monster each turn she's on the field. That monster being able to attack directly isn't so much, but you can pull out plenty of Tribute fodder with her ability. Limited (maybe).

"Persephone" -- It all depends on the kinds of counters. Still, unspecificity hurts you. Banned.

"Hebe" -- Pitch the parentheticals, that's old OCG ^^, and decrease the ATK by 50. With that out of the way, I find this card actually quite original. If you can, try to zoom out on the picture (Close-ups make the card look like it should be strong, contrasting with the low level and stats). Unlimited.

"Eros" -- I don't see much of a point to his use, but all sets need useless cards (not to be insulting or anything; it's true). Good thinking if you made it this way with that in mind. If not, nice card anyway ^^. Unlimited.

"Pan" -- Put a Level cap on that Beast-Type Monster search, or else I see some abuse going on with "Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest" ^^. Also, I recommend decreasing the ATK boost to 300 ("Lamb Token" cards would work well with this guy).

"Eris" -- this was probably a mistake, but look at it this way: If your opponent gets 5 cards in his/her hand, then he/she needs to discard those cards, and draw 5 more. However, after drawing, they need to discard their hand again, and draw another 5... so pattern continuous until they lose all of their deck. This would be an OTK pretty easily ^^. So, I recommend, in order to balance the whole thing, to Tribute "Eris" when your opponent discards -- make it mandatory, so your opponent could actually-maybe strategize by getting 5 cards in order to destroy 1 of your monsters ^^. So change is needed there. Banned.

"Nemesis" -- OVERPOWERED!!! That removal ability?? Look at the past, and you'll see that "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning" and "Chaos Sorcerer" both have that power. They're both banned. Also, "VWXYZ Dragon Cannon Catapult" removes cards, and its an unorthodox fusion of 2 unorthodox fusions!! This effect is only available at the higher levels of gameplay, or in the Traditional Format. Of course, however, I judge cards by Advanced Format Standards ^^. Banned.

"Dionysus" -- He doesn't seem very merry.. ^^ but anyway, his Effect is all messed up. You've got to work on your OCG: "FLIP: Declare 1 Attribute. Draw 1 card from your deck and add it to your hand. If the card you drew was a monster with the same Attribute as the Attribute you declared, inflict Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the number cards in your hand x300." Unlimited.

"Hades" -- First of all, increase the lvl to 8 if you want that rfp effect in there. Secondly, this card needs balance. Either decrease the ATK to 2350, remove the first effect and increase the ATK to 2700, or remove the second effect and increase the ATK to 2600. Limited/Banned.

"Morpheus" -- "Once per turn, during your Main Phase, pay 400 Life Points and select 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field. Take control of that monster until the End Phase of the turn this effect was activated."

This is "Brain Control", except better. "Brain Control" is limited, so wouldn't a monster version of it, which doesn't just you use it once, but lets you use it once per turn, be overpowered? Answer: Yes. ^^ Banned.

"Ganymedus" -- It wouldn't be useful, but it fulfulls the requirements for sets that your god of lust also fills. One more of this kind of card would be good. By the way, it would "If both you and your opponent control no monsters...", not that whole gibberish about the cards on the field and whatnot ^^. Unlimited.

"Heracles" -- He can attack a bunch, reminding me of "Chimeratech Overdragon" and "Ultimate Tyranno". However, unlike "Chimeratech" and "Tyranno", he doesn't take a lot of stuff to Summon, so he won't hurt your field so much, and he also has the ability to attack as many monsters as you want him to, there's no cap and he isn't required to attack certain monsters either. Since both of those monsters are Unlimited in the metagame, and this guy violates 2 rules, 3-2=1. ^^ Limited.

"Perseus" -- you play him and then "BAM!!" Summon "Jupiter" ^^. That's pretty overpowered, judging the power of "Jupiter" and "Perseus". Decrease the ATK of "Perseus" to the 1450-1650 range while making the DEF 1000, and make a mandatory LP payment (like the archfiends), something of 800 LP per Standby Phase. Banned.

"The Horae" -- Your apostraphe is invisible.. come to think of it, that's a problem for a lot of your cards. As far as strategy goes, this isn't such an innovative idea, but it's fine in the way of the metagame. ^^ Semi-Limited.

"Leto" -- You're not allowed to Normal Summon, or conduct a Normal Summon-Set during the Battle Phase. Normal Summoning happens only during the Main Phases. By the way, "Ultimate Offering" gives your opponent the ability to Summon as well, so include that in your card. Banned.

"Dione" -- I have the same problem as with "Helios" and co., though "Venus" isn't as strong as "Apollo" or "Diana", she's still a lvl 5 monster (Syyynchrooo!!!! ^^). Limited.

"Zelus" -- It's "Great Maju Garzett".. except worse ^^. Sorry, it might seem good, but that's 0 DEF we're talking about, and with no direct attacking, this card doesn't seem too good. And along the way, I see the words "Advance Summon" and "Release". Fix that. Unlimited.

"Paen" -- This guy is overpowered. I know he's hard to summon, but you don't balance things that way. IF you get him out, then you have the game pretty much won (just like with "Exodia Necross"). So, having complete assurance of winning the game with a single card? ^^ Sounds like it's overpowered to me. Remember that the summoning doesn't balance out the power of a card. Banned.

I'm not going to rate the S & T because it sounds like you didn't enjoy making them, so they won't be very good. I liked quite a few of these cards (in particular, "Hebe" ^^). Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:

[align=center]BY THE WAY!!!!

Wanna set idea? How about Beast-Warrior-Type Support? I haven't seen that before? Either that... or make a Corruption Monster deck (oooohh... i wanna do that ^^). Anyway, that depletes my archive of novel ideas for the day, so until next time!![/align]

Erhem.. not to sound mean, gr8 cards, just GOD is the HIGHEST royal/spiritual/ or graceful status in existants, how cn someonebe a queen or king of a god? RoFl.

ALSO umm Raigeki of Zues looks like it needs a stronger repracussion if you ask me, 9.1/10. GZ

Well' date=' I've got 2 things to say straightaway. First of all, "Release" is not the correct OCG for cards. I've never seen a card in the TCG which states "Release" instead of "Tribute". Don't fall for the trap; say "Tribute". Secondly, if this isn't going to be a comprehensive set, then it doesn't need a comprehensive edit. So I'll do a quick one:

"Bia" -- Where do you Special Summon your monster from? Unlimited.

"Kratos" -- Its pretty easy to set a Spell and a Trap in your Graveyard. This would make a powerful free summon (EX: Special Summon him during your Standby Phase for a 0-tribute monster with 2400 ATK. That's the ATK of the "Monarch" Monsters, pretty much the strongest monsters in the metagame!). Just the free summon would have been harsh ("Cyber Dragon" needs to be taken into account for its similar ability, with different req.) on the metagame, but that 300 ATK boost is too much ^^. Banned.

"Eos" -- In your effect, you call him "Personification of Dawn", but his name is "Personification of [i']the[/i] Dawn"... choose one. Unlimited.

"Iris" -- The OCG on this card is awful ^^... "Release" and "Advanced Summon" aren't in the American, Australian, or any english-speaking OCG format. Not only that, your second sentence is unneeded. Only in the old metagame was that needed. Now, its already established in the official game rules that 1 monster can only be Tributed for 1 goal unless otherwise directed. Unlimited.

"Helios" -- Even though he doesn't get his effect, pulling out "Apollo" means pulling out a 2300 ATK monster... and for the easy price of a no-tribute Summon? Banned.

"Selene" -- Same as "Helios", just "Diana" has less ATK, and gets to keep her effect. Banned ^^.

"Nike" -- Your first sentence should read sort of like this: "If the only monsters your opponent controls are in Defense Position...", and you didn't specify what kind of counters. If you chose, say, Spell Counters, you could use support cards to get those counters up to 3 very quickly even without "Nike" attacking ^^... if it remains as just "Counters", then you mean any counters... which is even worse. Banned.

"Eile-something-something" -- You get an extra monster each turn she's on the field. That monster being able to attack directly isn't so much, but you can pull out plenty of Tribute fodder with her ability. Limited (maybe).

"Persephone" -- It all depends on the kinds of counters. Still, unspecificity hurts you. Banned.

"Hebe" -- Pitch the parentheticals, that's old OCG ^^, and decrease the ATK by 50. With that out of the way, I find this card actually quite original. If you can, try to zoom out on the picture (Close-ups make the card look like it should be strong, contrasting with the low level and stats). Unlimited.

"Eros" -- I don't see much of a point to his use, but all sets need useless cards (not to be insulting or anything; it's true). Good thinking if you made it this way with that in mind. If not, nice card anyway ^^. Unlimited.

"Pan" -- Put a Level cap on that Beast-Type Monster search, or else I see some abuse going on with "Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest" ^^. Also, I recommend decreasing the ATK boost to 300 ("Lamb Token" cards would work well with this guy).

"Eris" -- this was probably a mistake, but look at it this way: If your opponent gets 5 cards in his/her hand, then he/she needs to discard those cards, and draw 5 more. However, after drawing, they need to discard their hand again, and draw another 5... so pattern continuous until they lose all of their deck. This would be an OTK pretty easily ^^. So, I recommend, in order to balance the whole thing, to Tribute "Eris" when your opponent discards -- make it mandatory, so your opponent could actually-maybe strategize by getting 5 cards in order to destroy 1 of your monsters ^^. So change is needed there. Banned.

"Nemesis" -- OVERPOWERED!!! That removal ability?? Look at the past, and you'll see that "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning" and "Chaos Sorcerer" both have that power. They're both banned. Also, "VWXYZ Dragon Cannon Catapult" removes cards, and its an unorthodox fusion of 2 unorthodox fusions!! This effect is only available at the higher levels of gameplay, or in the Traditional Format. Of course, however, I judge cards by Advanced Format Standards ^^. Banned.

"Dionysus" -- He doesn't seem very merry.. ^^ but anyway, his Effect is all messed up. You've got to work on your OCG: "FLIP: Declare 1 Attribute. Draw 1 card from your deck and add it to your hand. If the card you drew was a monster with the same Attribute as the Attribute you declared, inflict Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the number cards in your hand x300." Unlimited.

"Hades" -- First of all, increase the lvl to 8 if you want that rfp effect in there. Secondly, this card needs balance. Either decrease the ATK to 2350, remove the first effect and increase the ATK to 2700, or remove the second effect and increase the ATK to 2600. Limited/Banned.

"Morpheus" -- "Once per turn, during your Main Phase, pay 400 Life Points and select 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field. Take control of that monster until the End Phase of the turn this effect was activated."

This is "Brain Control", except better. "Brain Control" is limited, so wouldn't a monster version of it, which doesn't just you use it once, but lets you use it once per turn, be overpowered? Answer: Yes. ^^ Banned.

"Ganymedus" -- It wouldn't be useful, but it fulfulls the requirements for sets that your god of lust also fills. One more of this kind of card would be good. By the way, it would "If both you and your opponent control no monsters...", not that whole gibberish about the cards on the field and whatnot ^^. Unlimited.

"Heracles" -- He can attack a bunch, reminding me of "Chimeratech Overdragon" and "Ultimate Tyranno". However, unlike "Chimeratech" and "Tyranno", he doesn't take a lot of stuff to Summon, so he won't hurt your field so much, and he also has the ability to attack as many monsters as you want him to, there's no cap and he isn't required to attack certain monsters either. Since both of those monsters are Unlimited in the metagame, and this guy violates 2 rules, 3-2=1. ^^ Limited.

"Perseus" -- you play him and then "BAM!!" Summon "Jupiter" ^^. That's pretty overpowered, judging the power of "Jupiter" and "Perseus". Decrease the ATK of "Perseus" to the 1450-1650 range while making the DEF 1000, and make a mandatory LP payment (like the archfiends), something of 800 LP per Standby Phase. Banned.

"The Horae" -- Your apostraphe is invisible.. come to think of it, that's a problem for a lot of your cards. As far as strategy goes, this isn't such an innovative idea, but it's fine in the way of the metagame. ^^ Semi-Limited.

"Leto" -- You're not allowed to Normal Summon, or conduct a Normal Summon-Set during the Battle Phase. Normal Summoning happens only during the Main Phases. By the way, "Ultimate Offering" gives your opponent the ability to Summon as well, so include that in your card. Banned.

"Dione" -- I have the same problem as with "Helios" and co., though "Venus" isn't as strong as "Apollo" or "Diana", she's still a lvl 5 monster (Syyynchrooo!!!! ^^). Limited.

"Zelus" -- It's "Great Maju Garzett".. except worse ^^. Sorry, it might seem good, but that's 0 DEF we're talking about, and with no direct attacking, this card doesn't seem too good. And along the way, I see the words "Advance Summon" and "Release". Fix that. Unlimited.

"Paen" -- This guy is overpowered. I know he's hard to summon, but you don't balance things that way. IF you get him out, then you have the game pretty much won (just like with "Exodia Necross"). So, having complete assurance of winning the game with a single card? ^^ Sounds like it's overpowered to me. Remember that the summoning doesn't balance out the power of a card. Banned.

I'm not going to rate the S & T because it sounds like you didn't enjoy making them, so they won't be very good. I liked quite a few of these cards (in particular, "Hebe" ^^). Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:

[align=center]BY THE WAY!!!!

Wanna set idea? How about Beast-Warrior-Type Support? I haven't seen that before? Either that... or make a Corruption Monster deck (oooohh... i wanna do that ^^). Anyway, that depletes my archive of novel ideas for the day, so until next time!![/align]

Number 1... if theese cards were ever REALLY made of course they wouldnt be legal in tournament... obviosuly, and they aent real so you saying banned is pointless cuz we dont think like that. Second, who cares if some cards are the same as real ones, alot of cards in yugioh are related in effect like both penguin soldier and nightmare panguin, only diffrence between the 2 is 1 card.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived