Pokemon Diamond Team Help

Black_LIGHT

I currently have 2 Pokemon ready for the metagame. Can anyone tell me what other Pokemon I need on my team? I need a good wall, sponge, and SP Sweeper. Here are my first 2:

Garchomp

166zm21.png

Type: Dragon / Ground

EVs:

HP- 6

ATK- 252

DEF-0

SP A- 0

SP D- 0

SPE- 252

Moveset:

Earthquake- basically rips through anything that isn't Flying or Levitating.

Dragon Claw- for other Dragons.

Fire Fang- for Skarmory and Bronzong.

Swords Dance- buffs up its ATK, which almost guarantees a 2HKO or OHKO.

Weavile

2im6src.jpg

Type: Dark / Ice

EVs:

HP- 216

ATK- 252

DEF- 0

SP A- 0

SP D- 0

SPE- 72

Moveset:

Night Slash- my basic Psychic or Ghost killer.

Ice Punch- for Grass, Flying, Ground, and Dragon.

Faint Attack- used if the opponent uses an evasion enhancer or accuracy reducer.

Brick Break- used to break Barrier and the like and to kill Normal.

I currently have 2 Pokemon ready for the metagame.

try this.

Use an AR if u want.

Miltank

Deoxys

Mewtwo

Weavile

Marowhack

Tyrannytar

The bold makes me thing he wants to play OU so no Mewtwo or Deoxys.

Since I think we want to play OU the first problem is Garchomp. It is good, just he is an uber and so you can't use him. Sorry, but thems the breaks.

Weavile isn't good. The main problem is that you have way to many HP EVs. Even with all those it would be gone in 2 hits so You need to max out his speed, + nature, and attack. From their go with. Also another basic rule is to never put 2 of the same type moves on a pokemon. Their are times when this isn't the case, but this is a good rule to go by. Also evasion enhancer type moves are banned in OU play and accuracy reducer are rare.

Also another basic rule is to never put 2 of the same type moves on a pokemon. Their are times when this isn't the case' date=' but this is a good rule to go by.

[/quote']

To clarify, this primarily applies to damage-dealing moves. So, for example, putting both Thunderbolt and Thunder on a Pokemon would be highly inadvisable, whereas putting both Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave on a Pokemon would not be quite so big a problem.

Also another basic rule is to never put 2 of the same type moves on a pokemon. Their are times when this isn't the case' date=' but this is a good rule to go by.

[/quote']

To clarify, this primarily applies to damage-dealing moves. So, for example, putting both Thunderbolt and Thunder on a Pokemon would be highly inadvisable, whereas putting both Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave on a Pokemon would not be quite so big a problem.

Whereas Thunder Wave and Zap Cannon is highly inadvisable.

[/quote']

I haven't played since the original Red, so I must confess that I am unfamiliar with Zap Cannon. I'm also too lazy to look it up on Bulbapedia.

[/quote']

I haven't played since the original Red, so I must confess that I am unfamiliar with Zap Cannon. I'm also too lazy to look it up on Bulbapedia.

Zap Cannon (Gen II) - Power 120, Accuracy: 50, same power as Thunder, but less accurate.

[/quote']

Zap Cannon (Gen II) - Power 120, Accuracy: 50, same power as Thunder, but less accurate.

Zap Cannon is useless. Well, maybe that minor paralysis is a bit useful.

[/quote']

Zap Cannon is useless. Well, maybe that minor paralysis is a bit useful.

Zap Cannon is useless outside of the No Guard ability or some Lock-on or Lock-on type move.

Go here if you need some help constructing a Pokemon Team.

Guest Chaos Pudding

First off, post your future team in its entirety. Better to know the flaws now then to wait until they're already trained.

Secondly, considering you don't already have obvious Ubers, I'm going to assume that you want to play OU. In that case, drop Garchomp, as he is an Uber now.

Thirdly, I want to congratulate you on not forcing me to troll you for not knowing about EVs or decent movesets. You should be proud.

Fourthly, drop Feint Attack on the Weavile. No one uses evasion-raising or acc-lowering moves in OU.

electrivire phys sweeper

EV's

HP- 4

ATK- 252

SPD- 252

Moveset

Earthquake

Brick Break / Cross Chop

Ice Punch

Thunderpunch

This moveset basically to defeat most of all types in the game, it's physical so thunderbolt isn't that good even though it's replacement thunderpunch may be weaker it can defeat pokemon faster and has a higher paralasis rate

Brick break may be weaker than croos chop but it has 10 more PP and has a higher accuracy plus being able to break light screen like attack is a bonus

Do everything that Flame, Twisted, Voltage, Judgement, Crab Helmet and chaos Pudding (who I'm going to try and play) said everybody elses hell apart from the people who were just talking facts were noobs.

Here's what Weavile should look like:

Weavile @ Life Orb

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

IVs: So long as SPD and ATK are good the rest is irrelivant.

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Ice Shard

- Ice Punch

- Night Slash

- Brick Break

Also T TAR's a good choice but so far you've just gone for the most OU Pokemon around. You need some originality in there.

I checked what CENTWAUR was, lol ^_^ Nice song Crab lulz, I'll read the whole thing at some point.

First off' date=' post your future team in its entirety. Better to know the flaws now then to wait until they're already trained.

Secondly, considering you don't already have obvious Ubers, I'm going to assume that you want to play OU. In that case, drop Garchomp, as he is an Uber now.

Thirdly, I want to congratulate you on not forcing me to troll you for not knowing about EVs or decent movesets. You should be proud.

[b']Fourthly, drop Feint Attack on the Weavile. No one uses evasion-raising or acc-lowering moves in OU.[/b]

I wanted to give it Pursuit, but I found out I had to breed it again, but the Sneasel I got when I bred it the first time was a male. I never knew about the acc rule.

Oh yeah, I think I got the EVs mixed up for Weavile. It was: 42 HP, 252 ATK, and 216 SPE.

Oh, and about Garchomp... I know he's an Uber, and the reason why I'm training a Tyranitar is to be his OU sub. I'm still trying to get Tyranitar to LV 100, though.

And I would add my Infernape, but it's not EV trained and I don't think I have enough berries to restart his EVs.

42 HP is stupid, SPD and ATK is all Weavile needs, it's not supposed to take hits from anything so why try it.

If you want Pokes just get me to train them. I can do it in a 1/100 of the time it will take you and then send them to you over WiFi. It will cost points but still, it's worth it. For that matter I still have a Wobbuffet you wanted but you still haven't taken it off me. If you want some team help, please feel free to ask me.

42 HP is stupid' date=' SPD and ATK is all Weavile needs, it's not supposed to take hits from anything so why try it.

[b']If you want Pokes just get me to train them. I can do it in a 1/100 of the time it will take you and then send them to you over WiFi. It will cost points but still, it's worth it. For that matter I still have a Wobbuffet you wanted but you still haven't taken it off me. If you want some team help, please feel free to ask me.[/b]

My router's still not allowing my DS access.

BTW, I got that EV plan from Smogon.com, which was suggested by someone else on this thread.

Archived