Video Game Rules (New Rule on Review Threads)

Flame Dragon

If it's the console one it seems a bit random:? I guess if it keeps coming up it's fair enough.

I've seen people bring it up a fair amount and most of the time it is in a thread that has nothing to do with which on is better. In the end the fighting is just stupid and gets you no where since both sides will hold true what they think.

If it's the console one it seems a bit random:? I guess if it keeps coming up it's fair enough.

Typical Scenario:

Person A: Hi. I want to buy a 360, but don't know what games to get. Any suggestions?

Person B: Buy a PS3.

I think it is about time for some special rules.

1) Two kinds of Discussion Threads.

Group A: The first kind are for smaller franchises. These kinds of discussion threads will be the only threads allowed for that franchise. Smaller franchise don’t have much about them' date=' and as such other threads really won’t be needed. Examples of these kinds of franchises are Smash, Pikmin, and Gears of War.

Group B: The second kind, as one can assume, are for larger franchises. Since these are large franchises there is a lot to cover about them and so it will be hard to cover everything about it in one thread. As such the more general discussion about the franchise as a whole will take place in the discussion thread, and discussion about the games themselves will be saved for other threads. The Pokemon thread was made along these rules.

Official Discussion thread will generally only be made when I find their to be a need for them. When we have a few more, I plan I making another thread listing all official discussions.[/quote']

That just seems a bit confusing to me. Maybe something along the lines of:

Group A: The first kind are for smaller companies. These should not have user made threads and only have threads for these made by mods when it feels like the right time. Examples of these companies are Smash, Pikmin, and Gears of War.

Group B: I don't even understand this rule enough to reword it. Please explain.

Official Discussion thread will generally only be made when I find their to be a need for them. When we have a few more, I plan I making another thread listing all official discussions.

Anyways, this is just my opinion. Use it if you want.

I think it is about time for some special rules.

Group A: The first kind are for smaller franchises. These kinds of discussion threads will be the only threads allowed for that franchise. Smaller franchise don’t have much about them' date=' and as such other threads really won’t be needed. Examples of these kinds of franchises are Smash, Pikmin, and Gears of War.

Group B: The second kind, as one can assume, are for larger franchises. Since these are large franchises there is a lot to cover about them and so it will be hard to cover everything about it in one thread. As such the more general discussion about the franchise as a whole will take place in the discussion thread, and discussion about the games themselves will be saved for other threads. The Pokemon thread was made along these rules.

Official Discussion thread will generally only be made when I find their to be a need for them. When we have a few more, I plan I making another thread listing all official discussions.[/quote']

That just seems a bit confusing to me. Maybe something along the lines of:

Group A: The first kind are for smaller companies. These should not have user made threads and only have threads for these made by mods when it feels like the right time. Examples of these companies are Smash, Pikmin, and Gears of War.

Group B: I don't even understand this rule enough to reword it. Please explain.

Official Discussion thread will generally only be made when I find their to be a need for them. When we have a few more, I plan I making another thread listing all official discussions.

Anyways, this is just my opinion. Use it if you want.

The second type is for things like Mario and Zelda. Those two have so many games and spin offs that limiting them to 1 thread would be stupid so here even if their is an offical thread for them, other threads about the different games can be made. The general threads will mainly serve to give an overview of that franchise

• 1 month later...

Once again a new rule has been added. Since I think this is one of the bigger rules, I'm going to copy it here as well as having it on the first post.

10) Review Threads

We have had a LOT of these in the past month and I haven't found any to be that good, and so I'm making some requirements for review threads.

1) You need some kind of scale. I don't care if it's x/5, x/10 or letter grades, you need something.

2) You need to have it organized into sections for various things. The main things will be: graphics, game play, music, and difficulty. You aren't limited to these things and so you can have, and I recommend, having things for stuff like multiplayer (if it has), controls, and what are some important things about the game (in a fighter it would be characters, in an FPS it would by the weapons).

3) Length is very important for with out it it will be a bland a bad review. I'd say about one paragraph per section would be a good minimum, but the more the better.

Any thread that doesn't meet these requirements will be locked. For said thread to be unlocked the TC must pm me a new vesion of the review. If it meets the requirements I'll reopen the thread. (and no I won't lock for for point 1, but I will say that some scale needs to be added).

I'd like some thoughts on the rule and if you can think about any way to make this better.

Archived