Welp weekly episodes review, haven't seen everything yet but I'll get to them eventually.
- Nobunaga the Fool: Really loving the arcana motif and I feel like a dumbass for not realizing 'the Fool'. Talking of which that is a strangely really cool name for a mecha. I just hope Nobu's little brother survives this time, unlike history....Also, Jeanne as Ranmaru is really fucking win, considering Nobunaga and Ranmaru had a sexual relationship together, and the latter committed seppuku to follow the former to death. Which ultimately means my Nobu x Jeanne ship might be legit. And Davinci AKA SUGITA is as glorious as ever.
- Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta: Claire Cruz! Also the shipper inside me literally screamed when the sister realizes no one's pairing with her, and then looks at the silver haired dude. That aside, introduction to the cast, not a lot of stuff happened yet, just waiting for the suffering.
- Noragami: This show really is solid. Loved this episode as well. Really loving that OP, really loving that supercell ED, really loving the cast overall.
- Witch Craft Works: BDSM themes aho! So the explanation for what the hell is going on that I hoped would come with this episode didn't come, which kinda sucks. Otherwise it was enjoyable enough, and I'm enjoying the presence of the five tower witches.
- Hamatora: Finally a good opening animation. I'm quite a bit more impressed with this episode compared to the first one. Brain motif, food motif, this episode was pretty well thought-out. Aside from the eating girl and the white haired detective guy the cast isn't enjoyable to me yet but I suppose as it continues I'll like it more.
- Nobunagun: More crazy ass guns yo, THE NOBUNAGA THREE LINE VOLLEY, goddamn that was badass. Thing's going too fast for my tastes but yo this is fun. Nobunaga, Gandhi, and Newton in my animu is always coolio. Also despite budget issues, this show seems to get around that by being SHAFT-ish, which is also pretty cool.
- D-Frag: Lovely as ever, the Real game dev. club president is lovely. For a second I feared for drama in my D-Frag, but then things got lighthearted and fun again and I'm satisfied. That opening song is pretty addictive too. I NEVER KNOW WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy
- Buddy Complex: So far the most disappointing thing I've seen this season. Time travelling plot point is cool and all, but the mecha designer needs to go kill himself. Everything's pretty generic and I'm not getting that fun trainwreck feel like I did with Valvrave. Dio(WRRYYYYYYYYYY-no) could potentially be an interesting character, but for now nothing is grabbing my attention much, except for dat Hina at the end.
- Nisekoi: From last week actually. I have to say...SHAFT...well done you bloody fuckers. Nisekoi is enjoyable, but pretty much the same usual schtick. I did not expect SHAFT to be able to adapt it while inserting their own SHAFT flavor and shafting it so well that it feels new and very different. Additionally, HanaKan as Onodera is a huge fuck yes moment for me. I've always been an Onodera shipper and I really hope she wins because she is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen in a harem rom-com, and HanaKan voicing her only makes it better and better.
- Hoozuki no Reitetsu: Episode one, somewhat mediocre. Not mediocre as in done bad, but as in I'm not laughing quite as much as I feel I usually would. The opening is strangely cute, the whole continuing of Momotaro's story is pretty funny, but otherwise it ain't clicking as much. Still gonna stick cuz I like that shinto theme, but I will probably do a rewatch in the future once I understand more Japmythology.
More episodes seen edition:
- Mahou Sensou: Episode's not really an improvement over the first. Even with HanaKan(haven't checked but I do pride my ears enough to be able to tell it's HanaKan. Please tell me it's HanaKan) as the gun girl, thing overall just ain't clicking. Dropped.
- Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha: The goddess is just...so blindingly...beautiful. Not cute. Not sexy. Just downright beautiful. I like the kansai dialect in the show, and thing overall seems like a fun ride, so I'm in.
- Golden Time: Might as well have stuff from last season. This episode is full of Koko-delicious. Koko and Chinami bros for life. Also, my ship...it has been sunk...and cruelly NTR'd.....;_; At least Yana's happy.....probably........I don't know anymore........;_;
- Yowamushi Pedal: Pacing's slow as ever, barely anything happening in this episode. Manami overall seems like a cool guy though, and we have some motivation for Onoda-kun. Also, I really, really am loving that new OP. Better than OP1, but ED1 is better than ED2.
- more to come
- Johan Liebert likes this