Jokers Underground [ OOC / Started / Not Accepting ]

.:Blu:.

BluDawnProductionsPresentsBaseSmall_zps7

JokersUndergroundLogo_zps2556bc50.png

[hr]
[spoiler=Plot]Humans are not alone. Ever since the dawn of man, humans have coexisted with the inhabitants of Limbo - a hidden, overlapping realm that exists as the counterpart of the material world or, otherwise known as, the human world. Although the inhabitants of both realms live among each other, they are unable to see, hear, smell, touch, taste, or establish any other form of communication with one another. The inhabitants of Limbo are broken down into two groups: spirits and Devils. A spirit is the ephemeral manifestation of a human in Limbo after the individual has died in the material world. A Devil is an entity that is created after a spirit's soul naturally decays to nothingness. And after a Devil dies, that Devil's soul travels to the material world to once again be reborn as a new human; the individual maintains no knowledge of their previous life cycle. However, there is one more group that transcends the boundaries of humans, spirits, and Devils.

These individuals are called Jokers and they possess the unique ability to traverse between both the material world and Limbo through a process called Phasing. A Joker's singular purpose is to maintain the balance of order and chaos of both dimensions by preventing the interaction between the two realms. Jokers are able to accomplish this through their innate ability to manipulate time, space, and matter to varying degrees. So how is a Joker created? The origin of the creation of the first Joker is unknown. However, from that point onward, new Jokers are created when an existing Joker grants a human, spirit, or Devil a piece of his or her soul to consume. However, even then, the newly created Joker is not a complete Joker known as a Joker Primus; rather, the new Joker is a Joker Inferus: a lesser-powered Joker. To become a full-fledged Joker Primus, a Joker Inferus must learn to relinquish all ties they may have to the material world or Limbo and allow the piece of a Joker Primus' soul to overtake their own soul.

Although they are beings of higher order than humans, spirits, and Devils, Jokers are still capable of dying and are still affected by the cardinal and ancient aspect of morality. In other words, there exists both good and evil Jokers and as a result, conflicts exist between Jokers with different viewpoints on how order and chaos are maintained. Some Jokers even go to extremes, believing that one aspect of order and chaos is greater than the other. These Jokers are considered to be risks and are subsequently hunted down and eliminated by other Jokers. In recent times, a strange phenomenon has been occurring within the material world. Somehow, Devils are crossing over from Limbo and are causing havoc in the material world. Although these incidents were initially few and far between, they are now becoming more abundant and widespread as well as the severity of each incident becoming more extreme. With that in mind, numerous Jokers are now on the hunt to find the reason for these incidents.

Yukio Yamada is a young man residing with his parents in the large, urban metropolis of Takano. After an unexplained occurrence that caused their house to burn down, Yukio and his parents moved to a different district of the city which resulted in Yukio having to start his second year of high school as a transfer student at a new school: Kumagawa High School. On that first day, Yukio is approached by several students inviting him to help in an investigation of an abandoned building to which, after some prodding, he reluctantly agrees to lend a hand. Unbeknownst to the students, an event will unfold that day that will change their lives forever: they will die.

Join Yukio and his friends in uncovering the mystery of the material world and Limbo in this bizarre and dark supernatural tale![/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Rules]General Statement
If you are applying for this RP then it is expected that you know the rules of YCM's RP section and it is unnecessary for me to remind you of the rules. Those who are unfamiliar of the rules or are new to RPing in general, I highly recommend you do not participate in this RP until you have developed, at the least, a general understanding of the Roleplay section's rules. This is an anime/manga-esque RP, so the story will be based on chapters, seasons, arcs, etc. Finally, you must understand that my word is final. If you have read the rules, please type an adjective followed by the word "Joker" when responding to the "Username" portion of the app.

~The most important rule of all is to have fun!~
[hr]Terms of Acceptance
First off, you must know that applying for this RP means that you will have to be active, and I do take activity seriously. Do not, and I repeat, do not apply for this RP if you are not in it for the long run. If for some reason you can't be active during a part of the RP's progression, please inform me of your reason(s) via OOC or PM. If this happens, I am allowed to control your character as I see fit until you return. Those who do apply will have a maximum of one character (and cannot be an antagonist) unless I say so otherwise.

I am no longer accepting participants at this moment. Whether or not I'll be accepting participants down the road is another matter. For right now I am still unsure but if I change my mind then I'll be sure to make it apparent.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Important Information]1) In terms of rating, Jokers Underground is rated PG-16. It contains a medium to high amount of blood and gore, a medium to high amount of cursing, and a low amount of sexual content.

2) In terms of character creation, feel free to be as creative as you want in terms of appearance, personality, bio, combat abilities, etc. As a note about appearance, the setting of this RP is modern-day Japan and since your character attends high school, they are expected to wear uniforms which look like these. Outside of school, your character's attire is left entirely up to you. When it comes to naming your character, I do not want to see names like Jake, Tim, John, etc. I expect proper Japanese names.

3) Your character's powers in the RP comes from their ability to manipulate space, time, and matter. Now, you have the liberty to interpret what I said in any manner you want in order for you to be as creative as possible when deciding on your character's powers and abilities. That said, don't go overboard and make your character too overly powerful.

4) Blu's Posting Routine Rule: This RP follows a strict story structure and must be followed as so. Irrelevant posts will be warned. The posting style of this RP is turn-based, involving rounds. A round of posting consists of me posting then all other participants will post once, unless some circumstances prevent that from happening. After that round, a new round of posting will begin starting with me posting once more. After I have posted to begin a round, it doesn't matter who posts next as long as we reached the point where everybody posted once for that round. With that being said, those who've RPed with me before should note that I might fluctuate between long and short posts so I don't mind if you short post when needed. You can have extra posts just for the sake of character development or interaction with other characters to build up relationships. However, this must not conflict with the main story. For example, if the current story is about saving someone and a character suddenly asks another character to go get something to eat, that would be a violation of the routine rule.

5) Like my other RPs, this RP will have a central protagonist portrayed by me. Characters portrayed by participants are main protagonists. Be sure to note that I treat everyone the same, including myself, and everyone will get a chance to be in the spotlight. If you need to confirm this, ask Desu (formally known as infinitelyUnimpressed), Hotaru (formally known as Hotaru987), Kyng, or Aisu about how I treat participant characters.

[spoiler=6) Important Terminology]1. Jokers Underground: The name of the RP. Originally meant to be called Jokers' Underground but due to font limitations on punctuation, I was forced to get rid of the apostrophe.

2. Joker (ジョーカー): A Joker is a being capable of traveling between the material world and Limbo. Jokers also have the ability to manipulate space, time, and matter to varying degrees. A Joker is created when an existing Joker Primus allows a human, spirit, or Devil to consume a small part of their own soul thus creating a Joker Inferus. Note that after an individual becomes a Joker Inferus, he or she retains the physical appearance of their previous form e.g. a human or spirit retains the appearance of a human and a Devil retains the appearance of a Devil. A Joker Inferus can then become a Joker Primus by cutting all ties they may have with their previous life and allowing the piece of the Joker Primus' soul to consume their own soul.

3. Phasing: Phasing is an ability possess by Jokers that allows them to travel between the two existing realms. When a Joker phases from one realm to the other, he/she slips through the surface of the current realm and rises through the surface of the other realm.

4. Takano City (高野都市): Simply known as Takano (高野), Takano City is a fictional locale serving as a main setting for the RP. Appearance-wise, it is similar to Tokyo in that it is a large, urban metropolis.

5. Limbo (リンボー): Limbo is a fictional locale serving as a main setting for the RP. Limbo is a realm opposite to the material world or human world and is inhabited by spirits and Devils. Locations in Limbo are mirror images of locations found in the material world. However, the sky and, consequently, large bodies of water in Limbo are dark red in color and the appearance of buildings, trees, and such are more demonic/distorted-looking.

6. Kumagawa High School (熊川高等学校): Kumagawa (熊川) is a fictional high school located within one district of Takano and serves as a main setting for the RP. The school's mascot is a Japanese black bear holding a trout in one paw.

7. Human: A human is an inhabitant of the material world. Unlike spirits and Devils, humans are unaware of the coexistence of the material world and Limbo. A human soul is created when a Devil dies and its soul traverses into the material world.

8. Spirit: Spirits are the ghostly apparitions of humans within Limbo. They retain the memories they have as humans and are more closely related to humans than Devils. Although once a spirit's soul decays away, that spirit will transform into a Devil and loses all memories of its former life.

9. Devil: A Devil is an entity that possesses a monstrous appearance. Devils also possess the ability to manipulate space, time, and matter like Jokers but to a far lesser degree. Unlike humans, they are fully aware of the existence of both realms. Like humans, Devils can be good, evil, or a mixture of the two.[/spoiler]

If you still have any questions or if I am missing anything, please feel free to contact me in either the OOC or through PM.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Application]*Please remove all in parentheses and put N/A for any optional parts you did not fill out in this app*

[Optional; Icon of Character Here; Refer to "My Application" to see what I mean]
"[Optional; Quote from Character Here; Refer to "My Application" to see what I mean]"

Personal Information
Username:
Name: (Japanese name plz;)
Date of Birth: (No Year)
Blood Type: (No special blood types)
Hobby(s): (Optional; list a couple of things your character likes doing)
High School Year: (Either a 2nd Year student or a 3rd Year student)
Appearance: (Spoiler plz; 3-4 lines minimum; pic also accepted but plz include a short description of any changes, if there are no changes, then just put the pic; pic must be anime)
Personality: (Spoiler plz; 3-4 lines minimum)

Combat Information
Weapon(s): (Optional; spoiler plz; include a weapon(s) that your character utilizes in combat; make sure to include details regarding the weapon(s)'s appearance, abilities, name, and any other detail that you wish to include; you can also use a pic of the weapon; please note that your character's weapon(s) is created from his/her ability to manipulate matter)
Power(s): (Spoiler plz; include a power or a list of powers your character possesses and make sure to include details that apply such as the power's name, abilities, drawbacks, etc.)
Special Attack(s): (Spoiler plz; include a Special Attack or a brief list of Special Attacks your character can utilize; explain each attack in full detail)

Other Information
(This is where you put information that does not fit into the previous categories; this is entirely optional and if you choose not to use it, delete this whole "Other Information" section in your app)

[spoiler=Application in Code]

[IMG][/IMG]
[i]""[/i]

[b][u]Personal Information[/u][/b]
Username:
Name:
Date of Birth:
Blood Type:
Hobby(s):
High School Year:
Appearance:
Personality:

[b][u]Combat Information[/u][/b]
Weapon(s):
Power(s):
Special Attack(s):

[b][u]Other Information[/u][/b]

[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=My Application]YukioYamadaIcon_zpse0590a6d.png
"This seems like a bad joke..."

Personal Information
Username: Amused Joker
Name: Yukio Yamada (山田•幸雄 Lit. Yamada Yukio)
Date of Birth: June 21
Blood Type: O
Hobby(s): Reading ecchi manga (secretly); Strolling
High School Year: 2nd Year Student
[spoiler=Appearance:]Yukio is a young man with a height of 180 cm (5'11") and a weight of 59 kg (131 lbs). Yukio has a fair complexion with his most striking physical features being his white hair and bluish green eyes. He has a slightly muscular physique that is not noticeable while Yukio is wearing clothes. In school, Yukio wears the standard boy's uniform with the jacket unbuttoned and without a tie, despite the faculty's constant warning to wear a tie. Outside of school, Yukio's attire is still very similar to his school uniform. His outside attire consists of a similar black jacket with a raised collar, noticeable white stitching, and brass buttons over a white dress shirt, black slacks (also with noticeable white stitching), and dark brown dress shoes with white socks. His outside clothes are worn in the exact same style as his school uniform.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality:]Yukio conducts himself with an appropriate level of formality when speaking to others. Consequently, he is viewed as a mature person due to his formal way of speech. To add to his perceived maturity, Yukio is seen to be usually composed and quiet. However, the truth of the matter is, Yukio is capable of being quite troublesome. For starters, Yukio tends to do questionable things just because he finds it funny; he seems to have a bit of a dry sense of humor. He also refuses to listen to authority if it concerns matters that he disagrees with such as his refusal to wear a tie as part of his school uniform. Towards people who he doesn't know very well, Yuki can be, at times, cold and judgmental. Even so, he is easily talked into helping others with a bit of persistent verbal prodding. Despite usually being composed, there are times when Yukio can react hastily or out of anger. To people he deems as friends, Yukio can be very loyal, going out of his way to help his friends with their problems first.[/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler=Weapon(s):]Katana: Yukio is able to manipulate matter to materialize a katana to wield in combat. Despite his ability to create more than just katanas, Yukio prefers to only use this singular sword due to its reliability and strength. This katana is quite special in that Yukio can augment his other powers into the katana (the katana being a medium sort of speak). That way, Yukio can use attacks and abilities through the katana itself.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Power(s):]Phasing: As a Joker, Yukio is able to utilize Phasing to go between the two realms at will.

Spatial Shift: A common ability among human and spirit Jokers, this power allows for Jokers to perform extraordinary feats of acrobatics such as jumping incredibly high and far, dodging speeding objects and attacks, levitating and flying, and even instant teleporting by means of manipulating space. When using Spatial Shift, a Joker displaces his/her position in space and shifts himself/herself to a new part of space. This shift can be gradual (a high jump) or instant (teleportation) and will appear accordingly. A Joker can also suspend his/her position in space (levitation) and continue to move while still being suspended (flying). Each shift (except for suspended shifts) is accompanied by the flickering of a golden luminescence under a Joker's feet.

Spatial Rend: Using his katana, Yukio can tear a hole into the fabric of space (the hole itself is an "explosion" of various, brightly-colored fabrics - much like those worn by medieval jesters) in which he can enter and then reappear through another hole at a different position in space. This is useful for traversing long distances in a battle as well as for evading attacks. However, a hole created by Spatial Rend only has a traveling radius of sixty feet and so to use it as a means of escaping a battle entirely is impractical.

Time Shift: This power grants Yukio some control over time. Although this power has the potential to grow exponentially, at the moment, Yukio can only use a small fraction of it's true capabilities. With this power, Yukio can slow down or speed up the time surrounding an object or even another being. For instance, Yukio can slow an enemy's attack enough so that he can effectively dodge it and counterattack. Another example is that Yukio can speed up the time of an ally's movements so that they can reach their destination more quickly. Unfortunately, this power puts a heavy strain on Yukio and so he cannot use it often. With proper training, Yukio can reach the point where Time Shift can be cast on the entire world to reverse time and space itself.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Special Attack(s):]Burst Blade: Yukio's katana is enveloped in golden energy which can then be released in the form of a wave or an explosion. The first variation involves Yukio slashing towards his opponent(s) and releasing a wave of energy that is composed of various fabrics identical to the ones found in Spatial Rend. The second variation has Yukio leaping up into the air and slamming his katana onto the opponent or the ground below, releasing an explosion composed of the same fabrics.

Suzumebachi (雀蜂 Lit. Hornet): Yukio raises his katana into the air and four to six arrowhead-shaped, golden projectiles materialize. Using his katana, Yukio can direct the projectiles to attack his opponent(s).

Sazanami (漣 Lit. Ripple): Yukio stabs his katana straight into the ground and what follows is a series of explosions in the opponent(s) direction. These explosions are smaller versions of the explosion variation of Burst Blade.

Tsubame (燕 Lit. Swallow): Yukio points the end of his katana towards his opponent(s) and releases a continuous volley of circular, golden projectiles that causes small scale explosions upon impact. The attack is reminiscent of a Gatling gun in action.

Mabataki (瞬き Lit. Flicker): Casting Time Shift on his arms, Yukio speeds up the time it takes his arms to extend while repeatedly performing a barrage of jabs with his katana, creating a a blinding flurry of impaling attacks.[/spoiler]

Other Information
• Yukio (幸雄) is Japanese for "Happy Hero" while Yamada (山田) can be translated as "Mountain Rice Field".
• Yukio hides his extensive collection of ecchi manga in his closet which he has placed a lock on.
• Yukio is an avid collector of unusual, colorful fabrics despite the fact that he has no interest in knitting or otherwise.
• Yukio maintains an above average GPA.
• Yukio's favorite season is Fall.
• Yukio's favorite food is Yakisoba while his least favorite food is Tsukudani.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Accepted Applications][spoiler=Hotaru987/Yoshiko Uekita]14w8vn5_th.jpg
"Time itself is nothing but an illusion. In the end there is only one destination"

Personal Information
Username: Solitary Joker
Name: Yoshiko (佳子 lit. Pleasing Child) Uekita (上木田 lit. Tree atop a mountain)
Date of Birth: December 13
Blood Type: AB
[spoiler=Hobby(s):]- Plants, and oddly enough relaxing in trees
- Collecting stuffed animals and phone key chains. (Though she is embarrassed to admit this)
- Reading (what it is doesn't matter)
- Always looking mysterious[/spoiler]High School Year: 3rd year
[spoiler=Appearance:]Yoshiko when not in her school uniform, which is the majority of the time, she exchanges her skirt for jeans. However, her top remains button up shirts which is the only color variety she has. Her main accessories are the ribbons in her hair, and this jacket[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality:]Yoshiko is very quiet, always carrying the air of being aloof and mysterious.Yoshiko's voice isn't abrasive, but instead calm and reserved with an underlying tone of strength and confidence that is not easily overlooked. She isn't the most approachable person. With her sharp stare and seemingly secretive behavior, people are often intimidated by her. Sometimes her behavior can be misinterpreted, and seen as a "to-good-be-associated-with-you"; which to a certain extent could be true. The look in her eyes is often described as sharp, even callous looking, and always seemingly calculating something. She comes off polite to the people around her, though it comes off as patronizing when her tone is as though the person she's talking to is a waste of breath. Though one would have to take it from her perspective, and while it sounds conceited she is on a different level than most.

Yoshiko is nothing short of a genius, and has the grades to prove it. Back when she lived in America she already procured a degree in physics, so in actuality she had no real reason to attend school other than being too young to go against her parents decisions. So she is often bored, her mind running at a mile a minute analyzing everyone and everything at every turn. Due to this she just doesn't find other people interesting, and instead all of them appear the same to her; boring and annoying. Instead of talking about what most girls do, Yoshiko would rather stow away with a book. Preferably in a tree somewhere. However, she is not a completely heartless person. If one were to classify her, she would the be classic misunderstood Tsundere. Cliche maybe, but none the less true. If you manage to get past her outer disposition she can be surprisingly thoughtful.[/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler=Weapon(s):]Dual wields sword in right hand and pistol in her left hand. However, this is only when she is serious. If she doesn't think you are worth it then she will use either or. She will often switch between the two. The only consistent thing is that her sword in always materialized in her right hand and her pistol in her left. Obviously she doesn't have the need to reload as she continuously reload the gun with her powers, making it seem as though she has unlimited ammo. Also when using Temporal Sanctuary her weapons have the ability to project her power as range attacks, however it decreases the overall time of the ability.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Power(s):]Phasing: As a Joker she is able to utilize Phasing to go between the two realms at will.

Spatial Shift: A common ability among human and spirit Jokers, this power allows for Jokers to perform extraordinary feats of acrobatics such as jumping incredibly high and far, dodging speeding objects and attacks, levitating and flying, and even instant teleporting by means of manipulating space. When using Spatial Shift, a Joker displaces his/her position in space and shifts himself/herself to a new part of space. This shift can be gradual (a high jump) or instant (teleportation) and will appear accordingly. A Joker can also suspend his/her position in space (levitation) and continue to move while still being suspended (flying). Each shift (except for suspended shifts) is accompanied by the flickering of a golden luminescence under a Joker's feet.

Right of Postponement: Yoshiko was always an observant person, noticing some of the smallest details that most people wouldn't notice. After becoming a Joker, this gave rise to this ability. With this she can alter the decision she makes while in mid stride depending on the decisions of the opponent. She does this by taking notice of the opponent's body language, minute muscle movements and change in spacial disposition by where their weight is shifted. By taking in all of this in, she can make inferred decision about what the opponent will do. As well as altering her decision any time in corresponding. The only real weakness to this is that the more people she tries to use this on, the less accurate her predictions become.

Temporal Sanctuary: With this Yoshiko has an stronger control over time and space but only around her. The range is the normal 3 feet circumference that makes up her personal space. Within this space she can do whatever she wants to anything or anyone that enters her range. One ability that it gives is Yoshiko can siphon time from herself, and others if needed, to heal previous injuries. When she does so small distorted clocks appear in her hand, which she then destroys by crushing it. While she can heal injuries and fatigue, she cannot restore energy for attacks. Secondly she can seemingly dodge attacks at the last minute, by rapidly slowing down the opponents movements once in her range. This works for both long and close range.  When this is activated she can only use it for up to 10 minutes at full range. If she tries to use it any longer than that, then her range will began to decrease until it is non existent. After the 10 minutes are up it will take an hour for a cool down, however if Yoshiko uses it up until it's last drop then 2 hours of cool down is required.[/spoiler] 
[spoiler=Special Attack(s):]Jikan Tenso: Used with the sword or gun and when Temporal Sanctuary is active. After Yoshiko siphons the time from either herself or others, instead of destroying the time it is absorbed into her sword. A blue aura will surround the blade. When she swings her sword an ark of condensed time is produced. If the attack hits then the opponent will absorb the damage equivalent to the amount originally formed. If she is using her gun, then the condensed time is fired in shots. This could be more advantageous as she can divide up the amount of time for more shots. 

Hansha Degan: After firing her gun she changes the position of the bullet in space and materializes it elsewhere. With this she can confuse her opponent and there is more chance for her to hit them. It can also be used to attack other opponents who are around her and as an element of surprise. When she changes the position of the bullet, it vanishes in a ripple of space then reappears from another ripple in space in a different location.[/spoiler]

Other Information
• Her last name, while common, is spelled with awkward kanji. It's usually spelled with 上 meaning 'above' and 北 meaning north
• Suffers from mild Insomnia
• Multilingual; Japanese, English, and French[/spoiler]
[spoiler=★ 24/7 - No Br'Aix ★/Kiyoko Yamamoto]Kiyoko_zps30de4a19.jpg
"Even the littlest things matter and can turn out to be big, like the stars, and all the biggest things are made up of the littlest things. Every action, every choice you make is important, a small part of the whole is still very much an important part of the whole."

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Username: The Starlight Joker
Name: Kiyoko Yamamoto (山本•清子 Lit. Yamamoto Kiyoko)
Date of Birth: February 10
Blood Type: A
Hobby(s): Trying new things, listening to music, reading manga, watching anime, playing with model guns/paintballing, chatting with friends
High School Year: 2nd
[hr][spoiler=Appearance]Kiyoko is a thin girl of a relatively average height at 161 cm (approx. 5’3”) and a weight of 56 kg (approx. 124 lbs). She is a natural beauty with thin, delicate and perfectly symmetrical features. Her eyes are a vibrant amethyst color and they are greatly brought out by contrast with her flawless almost translucent skin and silver hair, which, when combined her calm, otherworldly expression and light gait, can give her the appearance of some sort of hauntingly beautiful wandering spirit or an angel. Despite her slender build (and she is rather flat-chested as well), she is surprisingly strong, there is little to no extra fat on her body (though her muscles aren’t defined) either due to her father’s insistence that the family keep fit and her active participation in the karate club, where she has a black belt. Kiyoko wears her school uniform properly, with everything buttoned up to the top and the red bow hanging neatly from her neck. She has no real sense of fashion, her typical casual attire consists of those very loose shirts and jeans with a black fake-crocodile-skin belt and no accessories beyond the headphones which she always has, connected to her iPhone in her pocket.
[spoiler=Picture]Kiyoko_zps62b530f7.jpeg[/spoiler][/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Personality]Immediately, one can tell that Kiyoko isn’t exactly like the other girls who attend Kumagawa High School, Kiyoko just has a different air from the rest of them. At first glance, she seems detached, mysterious even, lost in a world of her own, her expression, the look in her eyes seem distant and glazed over. She may direct her gaze in your direction, but it feels more like she is looking past you at some faraway horizon rather than at you.

That is until you talk to her, which then Kiyoko livens up, her mind seems to settle back into her body, her psyche anchors back into reality to seek something precious found in this world: Communication with other humans, other sentient beings of this world -- the sound of a person’s voice, the feeling of security and having a person by her side. While this is taken for granted by most, Kiyoko is deeply appreciative of such a simple thing and when no one is around to talk to her, Kiyoko uses music as a replacement. Her iPhone and headphones are carried around like a lifeline, Kiyoko always has her headphones either on her head or around her neck.

[spoiler="Kiyoko’s strong desire for human interaction stems from loneliness."]She had a rather depressing childhood where she was somewhat of a problem child, in a way which may be considered good but it was very troublesome. In the development stages of Kiyoko’s life, she was distanced from other children, even her own elder brothers had avoided her when they were young. Not only was she rather distant and acted somewhat erratically for one of her age, but most strikingly was her harshness in forcing what she believed was “right” and “wrong” onto others, she would even resort to physical means, hitting others, to “punish” those who had done something “bad”.

Kiyoko’s father may unwittingly be the cause of this. Lieutenant Colonel Yamamoto Seijirou is a man with strong idealist, impossible even, views on how people should act and he raised his children to learn and absorb these ideals so they would become upstanding citizens in society when they grow up. To live honestly, to care for others and think about others before thinking about yourself, to take responsibilities, to protect others. Even at four years old, Kiyoko listened to him and took these words to heart, she was able to understand his words. Seijirou was a strict man, but he doted on his daughter because of her comprehension, this was their special connection, they shared a view on this world and were both willing to act upon it. He told her that she could be that “shining star which guided others on the path of good”, and that he wished if only all others were like her. Upon hearing this, Kiyoko sought to teach these principles to others, but, she could only be frustrated when she was ignored.

It was at this unfortunate time which Kiyoko's mother died of breast cancer, leaving Kiyoko under the barren wing of her father and putting her in great anguish. When she turned her frustration on others, they feared her, they avoided her and they turned away when she approached. After a long time of this isolation, her personality greatly mellowed and she suffered from mild depression. Fortunately, she turned to daydreaming and music to cope rather than worse methods and even now, she has a habit of daydreaming and listening to a lot of music every day.

Her father never really found out as he was always quite busy, he got even busier because of promotions, and the situation eventually got better anyway without needing his intervention. As Kiyoko grew older, the separation narrowed, people were old enough to understand what she had been talking about before and Kiyoko had lost almost all her aggression. People managed to accept her as simply different or unique and Kiyoko also began to understand other people more to get along moderately well. After a single taste of it, she began to really crave human interaction. Having been disconnected from others for so long, she did not know how to approach others. Even now she lacks the initiative to communicate and is rather timid. However, Kiyoko can be a very friendly and sincere person and it was natural that some may be drawn to her, she was able to return to normal society. She was able to finally put into practice the principle of caring for friends.[/spoiler]
Kiyoko remains strong principled, but she will not scold anyone any more, especially not her friends, for minor infractions against honesty and responsibility, against her moral code, if she doesn't think they will matter too much, though she regards such actions with distaste and every once in a while a few hints of her old harshness surfaces for a bit. Kiyoko is not rigid on rules, such as school rules, either, by tightly biding by the rules and morals in her heart. However, while she has become lax, Kiyoko still does have a very narrow scope of what is "right" and "wrong". She can be exceedingly naive and she cannot understand why anyone would do anything with ill or dishonest intent. Greater impurities in the world must be dealt with with haste, such as criminals and the evil Jokers she is yet to meet.

Kiyoko is quite apathetic about most things (except things that strike her as wrong, of course). She passes day to day with that dreamy expression on her face, but it represents a lack of emotion rather than anything else. She refuses to really display her emotions out of habit. She may be emotionally delicate, as her emotions are still raw from her former loneliness, but you wouldn't know it, that expression is still glued on her face. The only time she really smiles is when she sees people she care about happy or she is happy while with her friends. Despite her indifference, she does have interests, however, her interests veer in a different direction than most high school girls due to the influence her brothers. She enjoys video games, manga and anime, plays with model guns and participates in paintballing and laser tag with her brothers and their friends. Unlike most people, Kiyoko doesn't mind school, she doesn't mind uniforms, having no real sense of fashion anyway, and she doesn't mind the work, accepting it as a part of life, though she can vaguely understand why others dislike it so much.

Being socially separated for a long while, she has little understanding of social norms, slang and most notably, love and dating. But, being exposed to her brothers' friends, Kiyoko had to learn quickly to respond to their intents. Kiyoko has turned down 20 people by this date and responds very negatively, no matter how nicely they ask, when a guy asks her out.[/spoiler][hr]

[hr]Combat Information
[hr][spoiler=Weapons]Guns: By manipulating matter, Kiyoko is able to materialize a variety of different guns for different situations. They are not guns which use bullets, rather, they contain special and easy-to-materialize glass bullet shells with properties to contain photon energy and shatter upon contact, releasing a powerful, searing burst. [/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Powers]Phasing: As a Joker, Kiyoko is able to utilize Phasing to go between the two realms at will.

Karate/Martial Arts: Kiyoko has obtained a black belt 2nd Dan in Karate which she can use in tight situations which her guns would not be as effective. Enhancing strikes with Joker powers, she can deliver quite some powerful blows.

Photon Manipulation: Already, passively, photons are drawn to Kiyoko, like slight shuddering when she passes by, but when she calls photons at will, it appears that all light begins pouring out of their sources and in a bubbling stream of tiny stars towards her. She uses this as the base for all her attacks. She is not nearly proficient in the manipulation of photons to create illusions, but what she lacks in technique, she makes up in pure power and quantity. After a ball of light has been gathered within a certain proximity, they can be fired off at will with similar force of a punch and create a burn. Kiyoko generally leaves orbs floating around, orbiting her, like miniature stars, which can explode upon contact with something.

Night Field: An extension of Photon Manipulation, but drawing all light in a certain area, it creates a relatively dark area.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Special Attacks]Hoshi no Hisame: (星の氷雨 Lit. Hail of Stars) Materializing two Uzis, they fire a rapid stream of silver photon bullets to give the appearance of a shining hailstones being blasted at you. Though each has the force of a mere punch, the sheer number of them, and the fact that they burn, makes the attack overwhelming. The barrage only lasts for around 4 full seconds, which then, Kiyoko has to recharge and reload.

Tensasu no Yari: (天刺すの鎗 Lit. Heaven Piercing Spear) Materializing a sniper rifle, it fires a single powerful beam capable of burning a hole in diamond. It takes a considerable time to charge. Used for taking advantage of enemy weaknesses or taking out enemies from a great distance.

Ryūsei: (流星 Lit. Meteorite) By firing off all her photon power in a single shoulder-mounted rocket launcher shot, it can create considerable destruction. The power is directly proportionate to how long she charges it and it has a minimum cooldown time of one minute.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Future Powers/Abilities]Constellation: Using photons, she can materialize anything, requiring a lot less effort than manipulating matter and they can take the shape of whatever her mind can imagine. However, they do not have substance, but to make up for that, they can inflict very serious burns and have great cutting/melting power.

Tenshi no Hane: (天使の羽 Lit. Angel Wings) Using her Constellation powers, she can create beautiful, white feathered, protective wings which burns things on contact, forming a protective barrier around her.[/spoiler][hr]

[hr]Other Information
[hr]- Her immediate family consists of her father, Lieutenant Colonel Seijirou, 48, and her brothers, Yukio (same name as Blu’s character), 20, and Ken, 18. Her mother died when she was almost five.
- Her favorite anime is Angel Beats.[hr][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Zaifire/Kazuma Ito]T1296311450236db71211d378494135a4201c2fb
"Everything always comes down to one moment, one specific place and time. When you get there, make sure you're going full speed ahead. Then, nothing can stop you."

Personal Information
Name: Kazuma Ito
Date of Birth: August 7th
Blood Type: B-
Hobby(s): Baseball (watching, playing, talking stats, etc..), Girls (he's quite the flirt),  Martial Arts, Mecha anime (secretly), eating spicy food
High School Year: 3rd Year
[spoiler=Appearance]T1296311450236db71211d378494135a4201c2fb

Kazuma stands at about 6 feet tall. He is well toned, and In excellent shape, although he appears smaller than other boys his age due to his rather slender build. He has hazel eyes and usually wears a large smile. His grey hair is fairly long, and it looks messy more often than not. Although he doesn't flaunt it, Kazuma is actually quite attractive, and he looks very good in the school uniform. When not in his school Uniform, Kazuma prefers to wear a brown jacket (usually with some sort of t-shirt underneath it, but he sometimes forgoes the t-shirt when he is feeling extremely casual) and jeans. He tends to wear a brown and grey wristband on his right arm to cover up a particularly nasty looking burn scar on his arm. He wears a red headband and a grey baseball cap at all times. He even wears them at school when he can get away with it, and often gets in trouble with the faculty when he is caught doing so. He also tends to wear a simple silver necklace that his mother gave him a few years ago. It is usually tucked into his shirt. When pitching for Kumagawa High School's Varsity Baseball team, he wears their standard black and white Varsity Uniform. He has distinct bright red cleats and a black baseball glove. He is number 09.

Notes: Although the picture above shows a scar on his left cheek, Kazuma has no such scar.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]Usually the one to start a conversation, most people find Kazuma to be a pretty normal, fun-loving teenager. At first glance, Kazuma seems to be a typical high school athlete. He exudes confidence, is good with girls, and isn't academically inclined.Those who don't know him see Kazuma as just another loud, obnoxious jock. However, if one were to get closer to him, they would find a much different boy behind the "jock" exterior. Kazuma is actually quite friendly, and isn't  nearly as mean spirited as some of his teammates tend to be. In fact, he is very empathetic. Kazuma always offers his support when his friends need it, and at the very least gives his trademark wide smile to someone with whom he is not so well acquainted. Of course, Kazuma's most defining character trait is his love for Baseball. He is obsessed with the sport, and takes every opportunity to train and improve himself (he even stood a girl up once to go train, although he never did so again). He dreams of one day playing in the American major leagues. Kazuma is quite lazy when it comes to things he has no interest in, like school. Although he is very intelligent, he usually just scrapes by with the bare minimum of effort needed to pass his classes, prefering to hang out with friends or practice his curve ball to doing homework. He is also quick to anger. Kazuma has never been afraid to get physical with someone, and has been in his fair share of fights. However, he is smart enough not to throw the first punch. When angry, Kazuma is very loud and vulgar. When it comes to girls, Kazuma has a bit of a wandering eye, although he rarely gets caught staring. He is also quite the flirt. Despite this, he is rarely in a relationship for long. Kazuma also has a more childish side to himself. He often cracks dirty jokes, and has a fairly good sense of humor. He is secretly a mecha anime fan, and has a small collection of gunpla cleverly hidden in his closet. He will steadfastly deny this if asked, however.[/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler=Weapon]Force Breaker: Kazuma's weapon of choice is his own fist. To augment this, he forms a red metal gauntlet that he calls Force Breaker around his left arm. Force Breaker is, for the most part, form fitting, although the forearm portion seems to be quite a lot thicker, so that it can parry attacks. The gauntlet forms around the arm up to the top of the bicep. It has five fingers, and also materializes a red shoulder pauldron as well.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Powers]Phasing: As a Joker, Kazuma is able to utilize Phasing to go between the two realms at will.

Motion Burst: Kazuma's powers allow him to manipulate kinetic and potential energy at will. Since he is inexperienced, he can only affect himself or any object he touches. He can vastly increase the potential energy of any object, and then convert the whole of this potential into kinetic energy. In other words, he can accelerate any object (including himself) to speeds hundreds of times faster than the laws of physics would normally allow. He has named this ability "Motion Burst" due to the instantaneous manner in which he can accelerate objects. In combat, Kazuma will usually use this ability to accelerate objects that he throws from his left arm. However, he is also quite fond of accelerating himself. This, combined with his ability to spacial shift, means that he can strike with incredible destructive force. However, maneuvering either himself or thrown objects is extremely difficult due to his still human reflexes. Its is quite possible for him to move these objects in any way he wants, its just that he almost never has more than a millisecond to do so. If either a thrown object or Kazuma himself has an unobstructed straight path, then in theory it could accelerate infinitely.

Motion Guard: Kazuma can also vastly decrease the potential or kinetic energy of an object. He can use this power to make an object immovable, or even decrease the destructive force of an enemy's attack. However, the limitation of his own reflexes still applies, and he must be able to react fast enough and make physical contact with the object in order for this to have any effect.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Special Attacks]Radar Breaker: One of Kazuma's Typical attacks. He uses his Joker abilities to manipulate a piece of nearby matter and change it into a spherical form. Then, he throws a fastball with it and uses his Motion Burst ability to propel it to extremely high speed. He has likened this ability to being hit with a heavy artillery shell. The longer the distance the projectile travels, the faster and more forceful the hit will be.

Force Buster: Using his Spacial Shift ability, Kazuma flies up to a great height (usually about 50 feet above his opponent, to give himself distance to accelerate, but not so much that they have time to dodge). Then using a combination of gravity and Motion Burst, he descends at his opponent with a superman punch. This impact is usually stronger than one generated by Radar Breaker.

Warp Buster: First, Kazuma builds up as much potential energy in his left arm as he possibly can. Then, similar to the Force Buster, Kazuma accelerates himself using Motion Burst. Instead of Charging with his fist outstretched, however, he keeps his arm at the ready. After he has accelerated sufficiently, Kazuma Teleports to his target's location using Spatial shift, and converts all of the potential energy in his fist into kinetic energy as he punches his target at point blank range. This combines the already incredible acceleration of his motion burst with a punch that routinely strikes with more force than a freight train. (for reference, there is about as much energy in a freight train traveling at 60 mph as there is in a nuclear warhead). This by far Kazuma's strongest attack. However the sheer force of his strike combined with the speed of his arm movement and the sudden stop will always cause damage to Kazuma himself. Usually in the form of whiplash or, in worse cases, a hyper extended arm. Thus, the attack is a double edged sword that will often put Kazuma himself out of a battle.[/spoiler]

Other Information
Kazuma's Favorite color is red, and his favorite food is curry with rice.
His favorite Baseball player is Hideki Matsui
Kazuma practices mixed martial arts to keep himself in shape. He is experianced in Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu[/spoiler]
[spoiler=~Renegade~/Ayame Chika]Personal Information
Username: Incredibly late The Serene Joker...
Name: Ayame Chika 
Date of Birth: July 7th
Blood Type: AB
Hobby(s): 

• Gardening
  • Taking nature walks
  • Just generally enjoying nature

High School Year: 3rd Year
[spoiler=Appearance]Ayame often wears dresses outside of school. She finds them to be much more proper for a 'lady' to wear and hates to wear pants. Each day she puts a different colored flower in her platinum blonde hair, often symbolizing what emotion she feels for that day. (Red=Anger, Yellow=Happiness, etc.). Her hair is usually down, falling all the way to her waist.   Her eyes are a bright green, full of grace and serenity. Ayame has a nice complexion, not too pale but not overly tan either. Standing at about 5'7", she is around average height. Being a nature lover, and not an active athlete, Ayame has a very petite build. Around her neck is a simple silver necklace, adorned with what looks to be an actual flower. Using her powers as a Joker, and her manipulation of time, the flower reverts back to a seed every night and slowly grows through the day. Due to the constant shifting of time and space around her, the color of the flower changes occasionally.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]Ayame is a serene and calm person. She tends to appreciate the quiet beauty and life, and tries to emulate that to her best extent. Ayame is a quiet person, listening and waiting for the right time to speak, knowing that silence is sometimes the best option. Kindness is the core of Ayame's being, she believes that good can grow within anyone and does her best to see that within people, believing that no one is truly evil. Because of this, she always tries to reason with any enemy she may have before resulting to conflict. This also opens her up to deception from the more cunning of foes, using her gentle attitude against her. 

Ayame loves the outdoors, and hates the urban metropolis that is Japan. She spends most of her time in the recess of a small grove of trees near her house. This place is where she feels truly at peace, completely secluded from the rest of the world and its chaos.[/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler=Weapons]Plant Seeds
Ayame is able to manipulate matter to create the seeds of nearly in form of plant. These plants are not just limited to those grown in the physical world, but also in Limbo, meaning that they can be quite demonic in appearance when fully grown. 

Rose Whip
Ayame's Rose Whip is just an extension of her ability to create plant seeds, using her acceleration of time and space, causing the plant to grow into the desired form. The thorns on the whip are coated in a pain toxin, that causes searing pain in any wound inflicted. This toxin is not deadly, but highly irritating.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Powers]Phasing: As a Joker, Ayame is able to utilize Phasing to go between the two realms at will.

Spatial Shift: A common ability among human and spirit Jokers, this power allows for Jokers to perform extraordinary feats of acrobatics such as jumping incredibly high and far, dodging speeding objects and attacks, levitating and flying, and even instant teleporting by means of manipulating space. When using Spatial Shift, a Joker displaces his/her position in space and shifts himself/herself to a new part of space. This shift can be gradual (a high jump) or instant (teleportation) and will appear accordingly. A Joker can also suspend his/her position in space (levitation) and continue to move while still being suspended (flying). Each shift (except for suspended shifts) is accompanied by the flickering of a green luminescence under a Joker's feet.

Time Manipulation: Ayame is able to manipulate the fabric of time around a specific object, or area. This is used mainly on her materialized seeds to create both offensive and defensive structures to protect herself and allies as well as harm her enemies. This skill can also be used in a general area of battle in order to slow down an attacker or speed up an ally. When fully evolved, this skill might even be able to manipulate the long standing time on a human, spirit, or Devil, causing them to go into the next 'stage' of 'life.'[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Special Attack]Swarm: Ayame creates solid conjurations of small, usually flying, insects. She acts as the 'queen' to this swarm, ordering them to attack her enemies. These conjurations are as physically strong as their real life counterparts, as well as having the same physical attributes and weaknesses.

Synthesis: Using her manipulation of matter, Ayame transforms the energy released by the sun into energy to rejuvenate and heal her body. This can also be used on another being, but to do so requires a large amount of energy to be used by Ayame. 

Growth Explosion: Able to be used on any plant or plant-like organism, Ayame speeds up the time of that organism, as well as using her control of matter to make it grow to her whim. This is usually used on her materialized seeds, but can also be used on the surrounding environment. 

Petal Explosion: Ayame creates a shower of petals and then breaks them apart in an explosive display, using her manipulation of matter. The energy needed to use this increases with the number of petals used.[/spoiler]

Other Information

• Ayame is the Japanese word for iris flower.
  • Chikia is the Japanese word for scattered flowers.
  • Ayame has never been in a relationship before
  • Her favorite flower is the iris
  • Ayame's favorite season is Spring

[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Characters]Protagonists
Yukio Yamada
[spoiler=Schwarz]SchwarzIcon_zps179a669d.png
"Welcome to Limbo!"

Personal Information
Name: Schwarz (シュワルツ Lit. Shuwarutsu)
Date of Birth: Unknown
Blood Type: N/A
Hobby(s): Conversating with the main group; Observing the main group
High School Year: N/A
[spoiler=Appearance:]Schwarz_zps9a65f3e7.png

Before Schwarz became a Joker, he was a Devil thus he retained his Devil-like appearance. Schwarz is a towering figure, standing at a height of 284 cm (9'04"); his weight is, however, unknown. Schwarz has a slightly muscular, slender form although this is hidden by his massive cloak. His most distinctive features are his starkly white skin (wrinkled in a manner that makes it seem cracked), long, red nails, shark-like teeth, and piercing red eyes. Perhaps his most discerning feature is his perpetual grin. Schwarz's attire is identical to the picture above except his black, flame-like cloak is even larger with the bottom of his cloak falling far passed his feet.

*More details will be added as the RP progresses*[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality:]Schwarz is an enigmatic and unnerving presence, always speaking in a cryptic manner that makes it seem like he's merely toying with others. He easily finds amusement in most things, especially when the object of his amusement has a darker side to it. He finds chaos interesting but as a Joker Primus, he agrees that chaos must be balanced with order. Despite his overarching evil appearance, Schwarz is neither ultimately evil nor ultimately good. Instead, his morality seems to lie nowhere close to either extremes. His actions are not morality-driven but are rather driven by the ultimate goal to preserve the balance between order and chaos.

*More details will be added as the RP progresses*[/spoiler]

Combat Information
Weapon(s): Not Yet Revealed
[spoiler=Power(s):]Phasing: As a Joker, Schwarz is able to utilize Phasing to go between the two realms at will.

*More details will be added as the RP progresses*[/spoiler]Special Attack(s): Not Yet Revealed

Other Information
• Schwarz is German for "black".
• Schwarz's overall design is based on Death, otherwise known as the Grim Reaper.[/spoiler]Yoshiko Uekita
Kiyoko Yamamoto
Kazuma Ito
Ayame Chika
[spoiler=Gin Tsukishima]GinTsukishimaIcon_zpsc85fb1e3.png
"I admit, I enjoy a good competition. Even more so, I enjoy outsmarting my opponents."

Personal Information
Name: Gin Tsukishima (月島•銀 Lit. Tsukishima Gin)
Date of Birth: February 19
Blood Type: B
Hobby(s): Playing Go, Shogi, Chess; Participating in various sports; Reading
High School Year: 3rd Year Student
[spoiler=Appearance:]Gin towers beyond the average height of most Japanese males, standing at a tall 191 cm (6'03") and weighing 78 kg (171 lbs) - a healthy weight for an athlete as tall as he is. Being an athlete, Gin developed a tone, muscular physique but not one that would make him appear overly large or bulky. He has light brown, messy hair along with a slightly tanned complexion and complimentary golden-colored eyes. He is considered handsome by many girls at Kumagawa High School. During school hours, Gin dresses in Kumagawa's male uniform without any changes besides the fact that he wears his school jacket unbuttoned. Gin also owns a variety of sports uniforms due to his various athletic undertakings including basketball, baseball, competitive swimming, and volleyball. Outside of classes, Gin's attire consists of an orange down vest with a black hood attachment over a dark olive green flannel shirt worn buttoned with the sleeves rolled up his forearm to just underneath his elbows, dark trousers with large, exterior pockets on either side of the legs, and dark beige walking shoes with white socks.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality:]Gin is a fierce and passionate lover of all things strategy whether it be playing a strategic board game, drawing up plans for his various sports teams to use in games, or outlining various routes on a map to figure out the most efficient way to capture his often missing dog. Gin has a highly competitive nature and enjoys nothing more than to outsmart his opponents in whatever type of situation he may find himself in. Despite the perseverance and studiousness that stems from Gin's competitiveness, he is seen as being competitive to a fault. Gin admittedly hates to lose, and if he does lose, it seems to put him into a horrid mood. To an extreme, Gin has even been known to become physically weak and nauseous when he loses and, worst still, he may even pass out if a loss is too great for him to accept. Looking past his addiction to winning, many people find Gin to be an all around pleasant person to be with. He is kind, caring, and friendly; there always seems to be a comforting air about him. Gin is also confident in his abilities which he uses to selflessly protect others. Last of all, Gin is an avid reader and always carries with him some kind of small, hardcover book that fits into an exterior pocket of his pants. He is oftentimes seen reading when he is not in some sort of competition.[/spoiler]

Combat Information
Weapon(s): N/A
[spoiler=Power(s):]Phasing: As a Joker, Gin is able to utilize Phasing to go between the two realms at will.

*More details will be added as the RP progresses*[/spoiler]Special Attack(s): Not Yet Revealed

Other Information
• Gin (銀) is Japanese for "Silver" while Tsukishima (月島) means "Moon Island".
• At school, Gin is the captain of the basketball and volleyball teams.
• Gin has two younger sisters who are twins.
• Gin's parents own a bakery located near Kumagawa High School. He works there part-time.
• Gin's favorite food is Oyakodon while his least favorite food is anything spicy.[/spoiler] 
Antagonists

Other[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Major Battles]Yukio Yamada

Yoshiko Uekita

Kiyoko Yamamoto

Kazuma Ito

Ayame Chika

Other[/spoiler]
[hr]

*Season Information: Season 1*

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 1 Information
[hr]Arc 1: Not Yet Announced
[hr]Season 1 OP: Namari iro no Fiction (Lead Grey Fiction) by Aqua Timez

Season 1 OP Lyrics: http://www.jpopasia.com/group/aquatimez/lyrics/because-you-are-you/namari-iro-no-fiction::137896.html
[hr]Season 1 ED: Strength by Abingdon Boys School

Season 1 ED Lyrics: http://www.jpopasia.com/lyrics/19545/abingdon-boys-school/strength.html
[hr][spoiler=Season 1 Chapters][spoiler=Chapter 1: I am a Joker]Yukio Yamada's arrival at a new school signals the beginning of mysterious events when a young girl from his new high school strangely disappears. Desperate to find his classmate, a male student named Gin Tsukishima convinces Yukio along with several other students to join him in investigating an abandoned building where the missing girl was supposedly last seen. Unbeknownst to the group of students, an event will take place in that building that will change their lives forever: they will die.

Link to Chapter: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/301160-jokers-underground-ic-started-not-accepting/[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[hr]

Hey Blu, just asking for when I get there...but the powers...are there special types? (Since you have Time/Space)

You mean if they are limited to one character? That would be a no. Every Joker is able to manipulate time, space, and matter. You'll just have to find a different way of using those powers ^^ Be creative as you want.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't see your post below Chaos' post, Neph. Yes, they are a given.

I don't trust Google translate. 

Google Translate is shite. No-one should trust it <_<

Anyway, no point delaying my app, so I'll start on it now.

[spoiler=Akihiro Deru, the Two-Faced Joker]Untitled0_zpsb769ff78.png
"There's always going to be two sides. Two sides of a coin. Two sides of a story. Two sides of this and then that...​"

Personal Information
Username: Two-Faced Joker
Name: Akihiro Deru
Date of Birth: February 24
Blood Type: A-
Hobbies: Training; Studying other people
High School Year: 3rd Year Student
[spoiler=Appearance:]Akihiro typically stands at 6' 2" and has a medium build; not entirely stocky, but not too lanky either. Although he doesn't go to extreme measures, he tends to keep as formal an appearance as possible both inside school and outside of it, keeping his hair matted down and making sure his uniform doesn't have any visible creases. Akihiro doesn't have too many expensive looking accessories on him, so as to not appear as though he's rubbing the wealth he's known for in everyone else's faces, but he does have a golden watch under the left cuff of his shirt, which has the quality one would expect from a Rollex.
[spoiler=Pic]ebecd9013d6c1e47c507bbe363dec27909d84a8b[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality:]If Akihiro were to be studied a little more closely, it would become obvious that there's two sides to him. Most of the time, he's a rather respectful guy, but he does cast a lot of spite towards those that prove themselves to be outright jerks. If he has a grudge against someone, he'll make it perfectly clear, but he's still willing to give that someone a second chance to earn his respect. And then there's the way Akihiro looks at things. Initially, Akihiro will look at a problem in a negative light, but as soon as he's ironed out all the flaws and come up with some realistic, workable solutions, he'll cast his previous concerns to the wind, and just get on with tackling said problem. Akihiro would rather seek the answers to the questions he has about chaos and order on his own. But in the mean time, Akihiro will likely tag along with the other protagonists as they conduct their adventures and battles, if only for the moment. And even though he prefers to fight by himself for the sake of testing his true strength, Akihiro still makes for a decent team player nonetheless. This is especially true if he isn't expected to change the way he fights.

Speaking of, Akihiro will study his opponent(s) as closely as he can before making each decision, and as a result, he'll almost never make the first move in combat. The only exception would be if Akihiro has fought the same enemy before, or watched his intended opponent battle, and has a good idea of how he or she fights. He usually begins defensively until he has the enemy all figured out, before bringing on the offensive. However, being an experienced Kendo fighter, Akihiro is quick to change gears if he needs to. Most of the time, Akihiro will maintain an expressionless face during battle, so as to prevent the enemy from reading him like he tries to with the enemy, but he'll occasionally crack a smirk when he achieves a result he wants, such as taunting the opponent into a judgment clouding rage or paralysing his or her movements completely. Mercy isn't exactly Akihiro forte; as such, he'll move into position for a quick kill before even thinking about offering the enemy the chance to give in.[/spoiler]

Combat Information
[spoiler=Weapons:]Great Sword: Like Yukio, Akihiro can materialize a sword to wield in combat. But unlike Yukio, Akihiro tends to favour the Great Sword, for the increased surface area of which he can slash and block with. Normally this comes with the price of being heavier, which in return means that it requires both hands to wield properly and is swung more slowly, but Akihiro makes use of his ability to negate the feeling of weight from anything he touches, allowing him to swing the Great Sword as quickly as he could with any one-handed sword. Akihiro typically materializes a single 6 foot long, 4 inch wide blade for use on his left hand, but he can also materialize a second, equal-sized one on his right hand, which he does in cases such as being surrounded by melee enemies.

Desert Eagle: When he's in the need for range, Akihiro will materialize a lone Desert Eagle for use on the right hand. He'll only ever materialize one Desert Eagle, however, as even while he's in a ranged showdown, one of the Great Swords he can materialize will still be useful for blocking projectiles. Although he's had some gun training in the past couple of years, if he had to rely on the laws of physics alone, he'd be worryingly inaccurate, as the recoil from the Desert Eagle would be more than enough to throw each bullet off course. However, Akihiro's ability to redirect the path of projectiles comes in handy here to make up for it.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Powers:]Phasing: As a Joker, Akihiro is able to utilize Phasing to go between the two realms at will.

Projectile Redirection: While projectiles are being launched, fired or thrown from one side of the battlefield to the other, Akihiro can redirect the path of which they travel, so that they either stop dead or soar away from him and his allies, or even straight for his enemies. To do this, Akihiro simply needs to gaze at the projectile whose path he wants altered, and let his will do the rest. Akihiro can't redirect the paths of more than one projectile at a time, but the rate of which he can shift from one to another can be as fast as the blink of an eye upon mastery. This power gets a lot of use from Akihiro, as he needs it for the reliable use of his Desert Eagle.

Time Lock: By gazing straight into the eyes of a single enemy, Akihiro can suspend the enemy in time, leaving him plenty of time to analyse where exactly the being intended to strike and what power he or she was going to strike with, and decide on an appropriate counter-measure. The power itself is not under a timer in any way, shape or form, but it seems to put a strain on Akihiro's body, and as soon as Akihiro moves a muscle (involuntary or otherwise) or breaks eye contact with the target, or if either of them are touched, the effects will quickly wear off, with the target being completely unaware that he or she was frozen in time to begin with. The strain that's put onto Akihiro's body when he uses Time Lock is initially heavy, but the closer he is to mastering this power, the lesser the strain.

Weight Negation: Just by touching any object, whether it a simple ball-point pen, a large sword or even a huge-ass rock, Akihiro can negate the feeling of weight that one would normally have to deal with, allowing him to handle and manipulate said object with relative ease. Out of all Akihiro's powers, this is the one he uses most, and it explains how he's able to swing those Great Swords at the speed that he can. But there are plenty of other uses for this power, such as pushing aside two giant slabs of rock as though they were sliding doors to a hotel or mansion, or kicking a steel orb as though it were a soccer ball.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Special Attacks:]Hurricane Slash: Akihiro spins on his feet in continuous rotations with two Great Swords in hand, until a tornado is formed around him. He then leans in the direction he wants to go, slicing and dicing every being in his path, whether it be human, spirit or devil. One solid blow is enough to stop the attack at its tracks, however.

Kiretsu: (きれつ Lit. Fissure) Akihiro "draws" a line on the ground with a Great Sword, which then suddenly disgorges a sapphire blue flare along it and sends large chunks of earth soaring in all directions. At first, the flare is small, and few chunks of earth, if any, will be dislodged. Mastery of this skill, however, has devastating results.

Nagareboshi: (ながれぼし Lit. Shooting Star) Akihiro fires five bullets from his Desert Eagle, only to stop them from moving with his Projectile Redirection ability just as they leave the barrel. He then "draws" a star-shaped pattern of lines between the five bullets with the Great Sword, before unleashing them all as one large, rapid-fire beam that disintegrates anything in its path. Akihiro cannot redirect the beam once it's set up, since if he were to try, he'd technically be attempting to redirect all 5 bullets and the star-shaped pattern all at once. Therefore, Akihiro must ensure that his target is either paralysed or covered by his allies before using this attack.

Tougijou: (とうぎじょう Lit. Arena) Akihiro "draws" a circle with both Great Swords, with a circumference of 30 feet. A sapphire blue fire wall erupts from the circle, which will burn the souls of anyone that attempts to traverse the fire wall or is forced in or out of it, human, spirit or devil. (The soul burns at an immensely slow rate, which makes it survivable with the aid of urgent treatment, or even outright recoverable in the case of a Joker Primus such as Schwarz.) In addition to this, the powers and special attacks of everyone inside the fire wall, including those of Akihiro himself, are half as potent as normal. Akihiro usually casts Tougijou when he wants to fight someone one on one, but that doesn't stop more than one enemy from being effectively trapped within the fire wall.

Yobouchuusha: (よぼうちゅうしゃ Lit. Shots) Akihiro puts all his concentration in creating a sapphire blue fireball at the end of the barrel of his Desert Eagle, before opening fire from it. Each bullet fired from the Desert Eagle at that point ends up travelling twice as fast as normal, and once a bullet comes in contact with anything, it explodes with a medium-sized blast radius. The closer this skill is to mastery, the more quickly the firball can be charged to a sufficient size.[/spoiler]

Other Information

Akihiro (あきひろ) is a given Japanese name with a possible meaning of "large glory", whereas Deru (でる) means "to appear", "to come forth" or "to leave".

The Deru family is known to be wealthy and upper-class, and Akihiro is certainly no exception.

Akihiro tends to put little to no effort into his school work, and won't take any notes. Despite this, he does surprisingly well in exams, and gets graded B+ at worst.

Akihiro used to be the captain of Kumagawa High School's Kendo club. He had lost last year's election to his younger sister Aiya, who was as equally talented in the art of Kendo as Akihiro, and wasn't so much of a show-off.

Akihiro tends to refer to Schwarz as a demon rather than a devil. There's just something about Schwarz that tips Akihiro off as such, and it's not just the looks.

Akihiro doesn't exactly have a favourite food, but as long as he's eating a gourmet dish from an authentic Japanese cuisene, he'll be content.

Main Theme Music: Home, by Three Days Grace

Battle Theme Music: Final Fantasy VIII OST: Only A Plank Between One and Perdition, as remixed by DJPoochies[/spoiler]

I, too, would like to express my interest. My app may take a while, but I'll do my best to have it done in a timely fashion.

...Tbh, I'm kinda intimidated by all the competition, particularly since a large number of them are this site's best RPers. Looks like I'll have to step up my game to match.

Archived