Marionette Archetype

♥Kisumi-nee

Hello there! This is an archetype I just made earlier today, cause I got the interest of doing so.

Please review my cards? I'll accept any form of criticism. Negative or Positive.

-Monsters-

[spoiler= Marionette Chelia]

242893.jpg

Lore: When this card leaves the field due to a card effect: Special Summon 1 "Marionette" monster from your deck.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Marionette Faeria]

243014.jpg

Lore: When this card leaves the field due to a card effect: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Marionette" monster from your graveyard.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Marionette Sei]

242945.jpg

Lore: If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Marionette" monster you control: Add 1 "Marionette" monster to your hand and send 1 "Marionette" monster from your deck to the graveyard. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Marionette Azu]

242927.jpg

Lore: When a "Marionette" monster you control leaves the field due to a card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Marionette Iza]

242936.jpg

Lore: When a "Marionette" monster you control leaves the field due to a card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your graveyard.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Marionette Marion]

242923.jpg

Lore: When this card leaves the field: Destroy 1 Spell/Trap card you opponent controls;Your opponent draws 1 card.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Marionette Aria]

242905.jpg

Lore: When this card leaves the field: Destroy 1 monster on the field; Your opponent draws 1 card.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Marionette Helen]

242898.jpg

Lore: When this card leaves the field: Send 3 "Marionette" monsters from your deck to the graveyard.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Marionette Rika]

242917.jpg

Lore: When this card leaves the field: Add 1 "Marionette" monster from your deck to your hand; Discard 1 card.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Marionette Eri]

242863.jpg

Lore:Cannot be NormalSummoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned with the effect of "Marionette's Ceremony". Once per turn: You can add 1 "Marionette" monsterfrom your graveyard to your hand. If this card leaves the field due to a card effect: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to half this card's ATK.[/spoiler]

-Spell Cards-

[spoiler=Marionette Recycling]

242143.jpg

Add 1 "Marionette" monster from your deck to your hand. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Tangled Performance]

242144.jpg

Lore:During a turn a "Marionette" monsterwas Special Summoned: You can activate this card andreturn 1 "Marionette"monster that was Special Summoned this turn to your hand; Then Special Summon 1 "Marionette" monsterwhose Level is equal to that monster (from your hand). You can only activate "Tangled Performance" once per turn[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Marionette Manipulation]

242961.jpg

Lore: As long as this card remains face-up on the field: "Marionette" monsters can be Normal Summoned in face-up Defense Position.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Marionette's Ceremony]

242861.jpg

Lore:Tribute 1 face-up "Marionette" monsterand send 1 "Marionette"monster from your deck to the graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Marionette Eri" from your hand or deck.[/spoiler]

-Extra Deck-

[spoiler= Marionette Jean]

242971.jpg

Lore:1 "Marionette" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tunermonsters.

This card gains 400 ATK and DEF for every "Marionette" monster in your graveyard. Once per turn: You can remove from play 1 "Marionette" monsterfrom your graveyard to destroy 1 card on thefield. If this card leaves the field due to a cardeffect: Special Summon 1 "Marionette" monsterfrom your Banished Zone.[/spoiler]

This archtype is rather weak, considering almost all of the monsters have 0/0 and are only cycling themselves. Even if the goal is to Summon the Synchro monster. The synchro isn't really worth it either. Another issue is that they recycle when removed by card effect, but your opponent is more likely to just attack them instead of using card effects.

This archtype is rather weak, considering almost all of the monsters have 0/0 and are only cycling themselves. Even if the goal is to Summon the Synchro monster. The synchro isn't really worth it either. Another issue is that they recycle when removed by card effect, but your opponent is more likely to just attack them instead of using card effects.

Actually, the plan for how I made this archetype is similar to a "Fortune Lady" deck. By supporting Fortune Lady light with lots of spells and traps like Dimension Hole, Different Dimension gate, Future Visions, etc. The review is much appreciated still!

The archetype does have some good speed, but I agree that with most of them requiring their effects to trigger when leaving by a card effect makes it difficult to pull off considering their low stats. Perhaps you can add some spell and trap support that can remove them from the field for some benefit other than Tangled Performance.

Compulsories, Torrentials, and Dark Holes can help, but they're probably too situational.

The archetype does have some good speed, but I agree that with most of them requiring their effects to trigger when leaving by a card effect makes it difficult to pull off considering their low stats. Perhaps you can add some spell and trap support that can remove them from the field for some benefit other than Tangled Performance.

Compulsories, Torrentials, and Dark Holes can help, but they're probably too situational.

I'm still planning to do that but only 2-3 cards I think. There already quite a number of cards I can see that can go along well with this setup. Also, I updated the effs of all Level 4 Marionettes. To "When this card leaves the field", so only the Level 2's may require the Card Effect but it still works on the Level 4's. Thank you for the review!

Pretty big archetype so it's hard to comment on each one, but i like the combination with real-life cards.
the fact that you got so many of them makes a lot of different plays possible, because they have so many different effects. 

the problem i see with them is only that they get their effects while on field, and if you want to use them all then you will have almost all-monster deck, and i don't think they are fast enough for that, most of them cannot be special summoned or special others. it's also a little bit difficult to see some plays in head because there are so many cards XD but nice idea anyway o:

Pretty big archetype so it's hard to comment on each one, but i like the combination with real-life cards.
the fact that you got so many of them makes a lot of different plays possible, because they have so many different effects. 

the problem i see with them is only that they get their effects while on field, and if you want to use them all then you will have almost all-monster deck, and i don't think they are fast enough for that, most of them cannot be special summoned or special others. it's also a little bit difficult to see some plays in head because there are so many cards XD but nice idea anyway o:

I kind of agree there but the spell and traps I think of for this archetype are numerous so you can run a full marionette archetype or mix them with other current archetypes. (Imo) anyway thanks for the feedback! Would appreciate it greatly if you also review my other archetype. (Butterfly Winged) Again, thanks!

that is soo cool :000 i mean the perfect deck but it needs more cards..like tributed but u allready have the special summon...anyway :D if you wanna see my Fallen in the Dark deck chek it: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/303834-fallen-in-the-dark-full-set-of-30-cards/ and send feedback..we can make some new cards ;)

Uhh, I appreciate the review but I kinda don't get what you're trying to point out here, and I don't see anything that requires a tribute in this archetype. (Cept the ceremony) and it looked more like you're advertising your archetype than reviewing mine. xD 

• 8 months later...

Hey I stumbled across this during some internet searching for some cards to use in a yugioh live action I am associated with. I found this and thought they would be great cards and I was wondering if, with your permission of course, I could use and make new cards for this archetype. In every episode that they are in we would put your name and give you credit in the description if that's what you would like as well. Thank you for your time ~ Poison

Actually seems pretty legit. I'm impressed. Though I do have one question-those two monsters, Marion and Aria, did you phrase their effect that way on purpose? Because if so, you just made card destruction a cost instead of an effect, which means it can't be countered. Which would be AWESOME.

Anyway, 8/10.

P.S. I'll give you more if you make more Extra Deck-ers to support this Archetype, because it'd only benefit from that. Keep up the good work.

Archived