Therrion

1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. All spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. will be reported on sight
3. Cards Due: 7/3/13
4. First to 3 votes win. Voting Ends: 7/8/13
5. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser

6. Writtens allowed

Rep4Votes!

Requirements: Make a monster that gets an effect when it destroys an opponent's monster by battle. (exg. Flamvell Firedog, Blue Thunder T-45)

Card A:

hfy4.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; negate that monsters effects, and if you do, it is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field. When this card destroys a Normal Monster by battle: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; negate that monsters effects, and if you do, it is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field. During the End Phase, if there are 2 or more face-up Normal Monsters on the field: Draw 1 card.

Card B:

PaperCutArchfiend-1.png

During the turn this card was Summoned while you control no other monster, you can Normal Summon 1 addtional Level 5 or higher “Archfiend” monster, but this card cannot used as a Tribute Summon if you do. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) When this card destroys an opponnet’s monster by by battle: You can banish that monster; Special Summon as many “Paper Cut Tokens” (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 4/ATK 0/DEF 0) as possible. These Tokens cannot attack, or be used as Synchro Material Monsters. Destroy all Tokens Special Summoned this way during the End Phase. During the End Phase for the turn this effect was used: Return this card to the hand or destroy it and send it to the Graveyard.

Accepted under the assumption you were volunteering.

Have card in whenever, and if need be I'll extend the deadlines. PM if ya need anything.

Yes yes, I wasn't just wandering in here randomly and saying that hehe. I am volunteering.

What happened to the rule of 2?

Anywho, since this was accepted first it shall be the one to continue. Good Luck Zazubat.

That only applies to those who are below the person in 3rd, and well, since there's nobody in third, as everybody is right now in 1st, that is why.

Uhm, why does some of the text leat to the PM page?

Okay, let me begin by saying that I'm a fan of Flamvell Firedog, so this is a rather appealing 1v1. 

Card A: A really quite interesting mechanic, to say the least. I love the way that it is self sustaining, but also feels like it could be part of a larger set using the same mechanic. I think the effect is usable and easily put to work. The draw works well as an added bonus, and gives it that self sustainability I mentioned. The fact that's it's a Sea-Serpent means I'm not certain as to where it would be put to use... Atlanteans are the obvious one, but I haven't played them in a while, so can't be sure of the synergy. Regardless, I think it's an intriguing card, and can see no real balance issues. 

Card B: Archfiend support gives it instant plus points, in my book. Commander was the obvious focus here, as noted by the Summon effect. It feels well pitched, as it's more of a secondary effect, than something that the card would be played for alone. The battle effect also ties in neatly with Commander, giving him a nice way to work around his summoning condition. A card that gives a nice boost to the main monster in a set like archfiends is always welcome, so there is nothing wrong with it in that respect. My only qualm is that it may be slightly slow in doing its job, as it feels slightly reliant on other Archfiends, and yet needs to be the only one on the field to use its effect fully.

With all of that in mind, my vote goes to Card A. It's interesting in its design, it has a nice effect that can pay off well, it can be supported fairly easily, and it's also a solid beater. Bear in mind that this was a close one, and that I'm not an expert on the play-style of Archfiends, so can only judge on my general knowledge.

1-0 Card A

Thanks for voting!

By the way, how does Card B's battle effect tie in with Commander? If you speak of the Summoning Condition, then Card B Summons as much as possible, leaving no room.

It supports Commander because it allows an extra summon in the turn, but it doesn't say when in the turn, therefore it can use its effect to summon a bunch of tokens, and then summon Commander. I think I understand what you are saying by the fact that there would be no room to use its special summon effect, but that is how it would do it as far as I can see.

Card A has a cool design. Definitely an interesting type of an effect, and the originality present in the card is amazing. It is a nice beater with 1900 ATK, being able to stomp over most lower leveled monsters. The one thing I might change is that at least 1 of the normal monsters has to be on the opponent's side of the field. But, it really isn't too big of a deal. Card B is cool because I love Archfeinds, but like Plainview I don't like how slow it can be, really only being able to get out a high leveled monster after the battle phase. The last effect I like, adding power to Pandemonium type decks.

My vote has to go to [acronym='I know who's card this is, btw']Card A[/acronym], but like Plainview it is a close vote. 

By the way, how does Card B's battle effect tie in with Commander? If you speak of the Summoning Condition, then Card B Summons as much as possible, leaving no room.

You get another Normal Summon with its effect, so you Tribute the tokens that you Summoned via its effect for the tribute summon.

I have to go with Card A. The effect negation is good, and it's a good beater, which is another plus. Card B really isn't needed in its archetype, given how the decks that actually run Commander get it out via its effect most of the time.

You get another Normal Summon with its effect, so you Tribute the tokens that you Summoned via its effect for the tribute summon.

I have to go with Card A. The effect negation is good, and it's a good beater, which is another plus. Card B really isn't needed in its archetype, given how the decks that actually run Commander get it out via its effect most of the time.

True, but it could also be used to get out their big baddy, I forget his name right now, but it could be useful for him. 

Well that was fast. I suppose there's no love for Archfiends today. Anyway, I'll give a short "thoughts on" for your card Therrion:

Well, it's an interesting concept, but the fact that you bring out a 1900 monster with a negate right away seems kind of cheap. I know that my guy can use the Field to increase it's ATK a bit, though that card does things a bit different than yours in the way I was intending to make it play. I can see why people would want to pick yours though, it supports more decks than mine, it gives you a draw, it's stronger and so on, but I just don't really like how it's designed personally. That's just me though.

Well, that is 3-0 Card A. Thanks voters. That was certainly fast.

Thanks for the explaination, I thought he meant Special Summon then destroy a token, so I was a bit confused.

I guess it is kind of cheap, but in most cases it would be used for only that and nothing further then the Normal Summon effect, which seemed powerful enough so any additional effects I had to tread somewhat lightly.

Good competition, Zazu.

Archived