Clockwork Souls [PG-16/Started/Not Accepting]

Aix

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just the fact that this Zeta person comes from the Crescent Isles and is rich would be reason enough for Isaiah to distrust him.

And due to his comprehension about Daedalus Weapons and engineering, as soon as Zeta draws his sword and even before he uses it, Isaiah may very well be the first to recognize it as authentic. Also, once it is used, he'd be able to gauge the energy output and calculate information about the Core. He'd work on the assumption that it's only one, and yet attempt to steal it anyway.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention. What kind of college is this? Does it have dorms, and if so, are the characters going to have roommates~?

Hmm, dorms should be there (it wouldn't be fun otherwise), but for the other question, it depends on Aix.

Also, if your characters know about Zeta's true cores, will you keep the information to yourself, or spread the news like wildfire?

Polly seems to be the type that doesn't easily keep his(?) mouth shut for a long time.

What fun would it possibly be to have two of your own characters placed in the same room? :I I can't imagine.

Also, if your characters know about Zeta's true cores, will you keep it to yourself, or spread the news like wildfire?

Of course Isaiah will keep it to himself. Creating competition would only make it even harder to steal the True Cores, and in fact, he may even go out of his way to prevent others from finding out. Especially if it's Caeil or Ezeltainnn.

[spoiler=Second app because nyeh][hr]oszcs1.jpg
"They didn't care. They never cared. They don't know who I am until I put on the gauntlets. By then, it was too late for them. And too late for me as well. My curfew is 10 o'clock. Those punks almost kept me up all night." 
[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Name: Audrey Blackburn
Date of Birth: 18 November

[hr]
[spoiler=Appearance]
wbwh2t.jpg
Audrey is fairly tall for his age, standing at 175cm and weighing 72 kilos. Under the outfit, he has a well-built body with strong arm muscles. Most of the time, he wears a black coat over his usual outfit to hide his weapons. The jacket also has the sleeves rolled up all of the time.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Personality]Audrey's entire personality can be summed up in one word: Cocky. He is very cocky. Proud to a fault and unwilling to admit his mistakes. He loves picking fights with anyone who ticks him off. Of course, he's not a full-on Blood Knight constantly beating up people. When not beating someone else to a pulp, Audrey is a pretty relaxed fellow. He barely takes anything seriously and can laugh off most situations, even when it's deadly serious. 
He doesn't particularly care about the people he meets unless they're: a pretty girl or; a strong guy. When talking to others, he often makes snazzy remarks about them and sometime even insult them. For some reason, he has a strong distrust towards others with authority over him, particularly the Empire. He also has a weird habit of telling stories that end in an odd fashion, almost as if it's a punchline without realizing that it sounded like a joke.

[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Backstory]Throughout most of his life, he's done one thing the most: Running away. He was born in Germania in a period close to the beginning of the Germanian civil war. In his childhood, he was frequently bullied because of his odd hair color and spent a lot of time running away from the bullies. By the time war broke out, he was 4 years old. His father sent him to a ship headed to Britannia in an attempt to make sure his son's life was more successful than his. On board the ship, he met a  mysterious old man who gave him a pair of black gloves. Of course, he didn't know what they were, only that he was told to keep wearing them and never take it off. Time passed, and living in the less-than-rich part of Britannia made him into a fearless brawler who constantly picks fights with punks around his area. Then, he learned how to control Animus and activate his weapon for the first time. One thing then sort of lead to one another and he soon found himself just about to enter Daedalus College under the recommendation of a Knight-Engineer who witnessed his abilities in a fight. [/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Talents/Abilities]Audrey is a highly capable Animus user and hand-to-hand fighter. He is able to manipulate Animus with great ease through his own body. When combined with the natural physical strength and speed he has, he is able to punch through solid steel with ease and catch a speeding bullet mid-air. He can hold his own pretty well in an unarmed fight, capable of besting large enemies and standing ground against weaker Automatons even without Animus. His fighting style seems to be a mix between boxing and street brawling, as most of his attacks take advantage of his upper body strength. However, his understanding of how Animus affects inanimate objects are very limited. At best, he comprehends the concept of Daedalus Weapons and Animus Cores, but that's pretty much it.  Also, if it's not apparent enough, Audrey is not a very bright fellow. He's more than likely to fail most, if not all his subjects.
Other than British, he speaks a little bit of Gallian, Draszeran and knows the original Germanian language pretty well.  [/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Trivia]
-While the coat conceals the gauntlets, one can hear high-pitched whirring noises and occasional electric sounds coming from his arms. 
-His favorite food is anything salty
-His past is unknown to everyone. Audrey only remembers bits of it, and nobody knew if he was a pure Britannian or not. 
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Weapon]
Audrey's main weapon is a pair of metallic gauntlets covering both his arms. These gauntlets are Daedalus Weapons powered with four false Animus cores, two in each gauntlet. In its sealed form, it looks like a normal pair of black gloves. When activated, it takes on an appearance akin to a knight's gauntlet painted in jet black. The gauntlets are adorned with various wires transporting Animus from Audrey's palm (the Cores are in the back of the palm) to the shoulders and forearms, greatly increasing the overall speed of his limbs. The wires, along with the numerous motors in each fingertip and elbow hint at it being electric, but it's actually more complicated than that.
Animus Effect: When Audrey's Animus is applied to the main Animus cores, the weapon is covered by a weird, invisible force that paralyzes and burns those who come in contact with it - Electricity. Of course, Audrey himself has no idea what electricity is, but he knows that the gauntlets are covered with 'something'. 
[spoiler=True form of Audrey's weapons. Unknown to anyone, not even Audrey himself]
The gauntlets are called Zweistung. The gauntlets themselves are merely an incomplete form of a prototype Automaton. The gauntlets were created just weeks before the nation burst into war with each other. With the engineers behind them dead, the Automaton would never see the light of day. However, some files and blueprints of it still survive somewhere in Germania and some in Britannia's royal archives. Should the blueprints be brought together, the Automaton would have been revolutionary as it would have 7 Cores in total, and it utilizes a force unknown to most other people. 
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

ALL HAIL MALFUNCTIONING SPOILER- I mean, ALL HAIL LELOUCH.

Anybody sharing with Aegis will have to put up with the smell of kerosene and nitroglycerin and her motormouth. I'm not sure which is worse.
Anyone with Audrey will either end up being bros with him or... dead. I think. 

Dat spoiler error. Also, if Aegis and Caeil is in the same room, either they'll go for a night long debate on efficiency vs power, or the room immediately exploded.

While Audrey seems to be a nice bro material. How successful his conquest for girls will be? Tune in for the next episode of Clockwork Souls, only in YCM!

Anyway, imagine the fun if someone brings a pet monster to the academy, aside from Johannes.

[quote name="Ain the Infinite" post="6304689" timestamp="1384335361"]Any males who gets placed in the same room as Minori will have a really awkward time.   Anyone who gets placed in the same room as Caeil will not be able to sleep, at all.   Anyone who gets placed with Sarah.....that'll be interesting.   All assuming everyone gets a roommate.[/quote] Watch, it'll end up being like Helen or something. That'll be interesting. [quote name="Broke. N" post="6304715" timestamp="1384339601"]I'm surprised none of you even considered the idea of having a pet monster.[/quote] I did for Lukas, but then, stuff.

Actually, I have. And I'm going to give it to a professor from Noctyle. I'll get around to explaining his presence in Britannia later, but it should be known that among the administration, they're only reluctantly allowing him to teach.

[b]Edit:[/b] Done~

[hr]
8bigqFi.jpg
"You've spent your whole lives being surrounded by humans and automatons, but have you ever met a monster?"
[hr]
[b]Personal Information[/b]
[hr]
Name: Assad ibn Menes ibn Yousaha al-Xander <tends to be shortened to Assad Alexander, much to his annoyance>
Date of Birth: November 15th
[hr]
[spoiler=Appearance]an_ancient_arab_by_nayzak-d5nuh3n.jpg

Has a height of 6'2", and a weight of 165 LBS. Even though he's in another country, he continues to use his casual Noctylic clothes explicitly so that he stands out, though he will wear more formal Brittanian clothing should it be absolutely necessary.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Personality]
Assad al-Xander is a very enthusiastic man who laughs almost all the time, and always seems to be eager to rush out for adventure. He also always loves to keep Akilza as a secret until the last moment, savoring the terrified expressions of students whenever she suddenly pounces out. He can get a little annoyed though when he is referred to as 'Alexander' instead of 'al-Xander'.

As he focuses on physique and combat more than mechanics, early all of his lessons are practical in nature, and when he teaches theory, he will keep it as simple as possible. Due to having lived and grown up in Noctyle (wherein there is constant political instability), he has the belief that the worth of a person is judged by their power alone, and does not believe in anything as ridiculous as nobility or handicaps. However, he will lend out a hand if he sees that any students are having trouble.

Out of all the teachers in the most prestigious academy in Britannia, his mannerisms are perhaps the least professional. Let alone his distaste for too-advanced technology, the board worries that he may set a bad example for students, as he is technically encouraging everyone to rush to their deaths.

Still, he does have a serious side, and he is not as much a buffoon as he may appear to be. He knows the limits of a young adult, and he know what it's like to suffer. The only reason he has made it this far, teaching in a foreign country, is due to his unwavering will, and the true reason for his presence in Daedalus College is for him to work out a peaceful solution between Britannia and Noctyle.[/spoiler]

[hr]
[spoiler=Backstory]
There is not much information on the background of this man, regrettably enough, and there is no way to figure out how his Akilza fits into all this. However, there are quite a few things known; for one, he and about a dozen other Noctylic students were sent to Britannia to be taught at a lower-class Knight Academy in what was claimed to be the start of a peace treaty.

However, first off, Assad ended up in Daedalus College due to some very bizarre circumstances involving a runaway Serpopard, turrets with rubber bullets, the Empress's cousin in disguise, a rusted sword, and some sausages.

And second, the whole thing turned out to be a trap, and Noctyle afterwards reclaimed the students they sent in what was a successful bid to infiltrate and learn their enemies' technology. Because of this event, they were able to upgrade their warriors and tamed monsters with basic automaton weaponry and armor, allowing them to continue resisting the Empire. All the students were then enlisted in the Empire's military straightaway to fight in the war, and they were called the 'Qarin-Ghazi-Muhandis Force'. Apart from Assad, it is not known if there are any survivors.

It is also not known how many years he served, or what he experienced, or how he felt, but at some point he left the army and went to Britannia on his own with his tamed Serpopard. Perhaps utilizing his qualifications as a Knight-Engineer in one way or another, he somehow managed to enter the Light Keep.

What transpired within remains unknown as well, however, it seems that a deal was made. In exchange for him being allowed to teach at Daedalus College for a certain amount of time, he would provide the the administrative board of the Empire with 'something'. This too is unknown.

Regardless of the mysterious circumstances surrounding him, Assad is now a teacher at Daedalus College. While his accent may take some getting used to, he's pretty much normal, and loves taking his Serpopard partner everywhere.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Talents/Abilities]
Physically speaking, Assad is almost unparalleled. He has been taught in the martial arts of Noctyle and the military way of their soldiers, the former of which is orientated towards taking down monsters, and latter specifically orientated towards disabling powerful automatons and defending against Daedalus Weapons. He is athletic and possesses ungodly amounts of stamina, being accustomed to traversing hot deserts.

As a former graduate of Daedalus College, he also possesses many of the abilities taught to a Knight-Engineer, the most important of which being channeling out Animus throughout his body, allowing him to fight on-par with an automaton barehanded and sense bullets before they're even fired. When he's serious, he will take out a curved scimitar capable of channeling Animus, which is more than enough to give him an edge in combat.

However, his overall performance decreases during very cold conditions, since his body isn't quite used to Britannia's environment yet.

In terms of language, he can only speak British and Noctylic.

[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Other]
While her origins are unknown, [b]Akilza[/b] is a tamed nineteen-year-old female Serpopard (body and neck both ten feet long) that is extremely loyal to Assad. She possesses many of the same traits as a normal Serpopard, and will occasionally let him ride upon her back. She tolerates the presence of the other humans, and may even playfully try to bite at their heads (which usually results in mass panic), but she gets harder to control once hungry, hence why she has to be fed bone marrow, bitter pork, and/or creamy cabbages daily.

In combat, she is on par with an automaton, her acid enough to corrode through their metal. But as if this weren't enough, Assad has used his past experiences as a Knight-Engineer to equip her with pseudo-automaton armor that protects her body from heavy hits and grants her various Animus-related powers with the False Core it has, including accelerated healing and improved physical performance.

[hr]

Assad does not use Daedalus Weapons, and usually uses his bare fists, but he will on occasion pull out a scimitar. If he does so, this means that he's taking the battle seriously. This means bad news for whoever is unlucky enough to be facing him in combat.

[hr]

Apart from his scimitar, the only 'gadget' in his possession is an extremely high-pitched whistle, set to a specific frequency so that only monsters are able to hear it. When blown normally, it serves as a signal for Akilza to either come to him (if they're far away) or stop whatever she's doing (if they're close). But when sufficient Animus is channeled through it, it unleashes a loud ringing that is severely distracting to all monsters within its range, and with enough force, it can even impair their hearing.

[/spoiler][hr]

...I think I should make a short list on the info of Isaiah's Automaton, Jupiter II, too.

It's only that the concept of the RP is so interesting that a lot of people want to discuss about their characters and ask questions about the CS-verse, and the seven different 'my body is ready' posts only came about because the host pretty much requested it. This OOC thread was made just three days ago, so it's pretty much the same as a normal one, only with far more active players. Shouldn't activity be a good thing? Besides, posts aren't even counted here, and it's going to start very soon.

Personally, I see no reason to have it locked.

@Decibel: As soon as Isaiah finds out, he'll definitely be attempting to steal one of Zeta's True Animus Cores. I mean, he has what, like five? Six? Surely the foreigner wouldn't mind if one of them just went and disappeared.

No, it's not. There's enough off-topic posts on here to warrant me calling it out. Now stop trying to look smart, or I close this regardless of OP's intent.

Archived