[Sakura] Freezing Void Dragon Kyurem

凍結空隙龍キュレム

(Tōketsu Kūgekiryū Kyuremu)

n1uMJ7Y.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WATER monsters
During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a monster effect: They can discard 1 card, if they do not, negate that monster's effect until the End Phase. Monsters your opponent controls lose 500 ATK/DEF and cannot change their Battle Positions, except by a card effect. During either player's turn: You can return this card to the Extra Deck and banish 1 "White Truth Dragon Reshiram" or "Black Desire Dragon Zekrom" you control or in your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 monster from your Extra Deck that lists both monsters as a Fusion Material. (This is treated as a Fusion Summon).

[spoiler=V1]

JTqANt8.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WATER monsters
Monsters that target this card for attacks cannot attack during their controller's next Battle Phase. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; target 1 monster your opponent controls, and if you do, until your opponent's next Main Phase, its effects are negated. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Place 1 Glaciate counter on all monsters your opponent currently controls. Monsters lose 300 ATK/DEF for each Glaciate counter on them.[/spoiler]

Link to Reshi and Zekrom: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/315570-sakura-reshiram-and-zekrom/

IMG Credit: http://thecharizardlounge.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/harmony_harmony_oh_lovveee_by_heatrailshade-d329yes.jpeg

If you guys remember the Reshiram/Zekrom Synchros I made a couple weeks ago (see the above link for them), I did mention that I would do Kyurem eventually. Well, here you go.

Keeping in line with Kyurem's correlation to the other two, it has a lower BST and stats than Reshi/Zekrom, hence why it's Level 9 with 3200/2500 stats.

In terms of doing the White/Black Kyurem forms, still thinking of how to do them.

Anyway, love/hate/CnC/fix my OCG, etc.

Reps will be given for good reviews/CnC. 

The immediate idea would be to make them as Fusion monsters. However, this will amount to a Fusion of 2 Synchro Monsters, and we all know how well that idea turned out.

Yeah, Exterio is one of those Fusion examples.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Draco-equiste and Ultimate Axon (though they're not completely strict on the Synchro thing). But Miracle Synchro Fusion does exist.

As for making Black and White Kyurem as Fusions, agreed that it would make sense (though I need to make the DNA Splicers as a card and there aren't any good pics for it); but seeing as Reshi/Zekrom are both Level 10 and take a lot of investment to bring out, may prove difficult.

Although this isn't exactly how it's supposed to work, I could just make them require a FIRE Dragon-Type Tuner (for White) or LIGHT (for Black).

The last sentence of this card feels like a-counters used by aliens.

Yeah, it does (since Aliens do use 300 ATK/DEF drops on theirs), though it's more on the idea of Venom Swamp's counters. (The stat drop is permanent, but unlike said card, it won't kill monsters that it weakens to 0)

Hmm. Too weak. Even though it does a lot on paper, effects 1 and 3 are almost inconsequential, effect 2 being the only saving grace and still lackluster. How I'd do it:

First effect: since it represents Pressure, make monster effects more costly. "During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a monster effect: they may discard 1 card, if they do not, negate that monster's effect. This effect lasts until the End Phase."

Second effect: how about a blanket "Monsters your opponent controls lose 300 ATK and DEF and cannot change their Battle Positions (optionally except by a card effect)"? This merges the effect of 2&3, giving you a small offensive edge and keeping the freezing theme, aesthetically it would be similar to the ice field created by Kyurem in the movie.

And third effect could be something different, maybe something that facilitates the summoning of B/W Kyurem.

Personally I'd make B/W Kyurem Fusions that require Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram respectively, but they have a summoning condition like: "During either player's turn: you can Special Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) by returning 1 face-up "Kyurem" you control to the Extra Deck and Banishing 1 "Zekrom/Reshiram" from your Graveyard". Offers a lot of benefits that offset the dedication that bringing out those monsters requires.

First review since my return so apologies if I am rusty eith my Critique....

First of all, the first part of the effect confuses me, They can discard a card? shouldn't it be must Discard and if they cannot the monster loses its effect? The Decrease in ATK and DEF is good enough at 500 a piece. I will need to see if the other cards do indeed support this well. Also wouldn't it be a Special Summon rather then a Fusion? In other words there is no need to mention the Fusion Summon part at the end ^^

I hope to see more from you and again I apologize if my Review does not help much....

The first effect was Vector's idea.

Basically, it works on the principle that if your opponent activates a monster effect, they either discard a card or have it negated for the duration of the turn. In this manner, it forces you to balance between keeping your hand size stable or your monsters having their effects intact. (Though some Decks don't really care about their hand, like Infernities)

The last part is there b/c Black/White are going to be Fusion Monsters (in theory); this is just an alternate way to summon them (opposed to going the normal Fusion route and using Polymerization or whatever you use)

I'm thinking of having White/Black Kyurem summon their two smaller counterparts when it's destroyed (though since Kyurem went back to the Deck, the Synchro process is reset and has to be redone). Though summoning back Reshiram/Zekrom can still be done, since they were only banished (and none of them have a Nomi clause slapped on them).

For summoning either White or Black Kyurem, there are 2 options

• This card's effect (banishing Reshi/Zekrom and returning Kyurem to the Extra Deck)
  • Regular Fusion Summoning (both of the monsters go to the Graveyard; and can be revived later on if needed; similar to how Absofusion can be undone in games)

Archived