[Sakura] Pokémon Card Set #3 (24/24)

Links to first two sets: #1 and #2

Following the theme of the last two sets, this one will hopefully expand on the rest of the stuff I had planned for the last one, but just couldn't fit.

So let's start.

(Also the first Pop Culture set that goes into Advanced/RC; whatever you want to call it)

[spoiler=Kyogre (001 - 002)]

深海のリバイアサン カイオーガ

(Shinkai no Ribaiasan Kaiōga)

6ieMJ01.jpg

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner WATER monsters
When another WATER monster battles an opponent's monster: It gains 800 ATK during the Damage Step only. Halve any battle damage inflicted by a FIRE monster. This card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase. Once per turn: You can gain 1000 LP, but this card cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this card.

First effect is basically a Skyscraper-esque effect for WATER monsters (and reducer for FIRE); which is meant to reflect Drizzle.

Many of you that it's been nerfed to 5 turns (see Rain Dance), but to make it workable, it's been reverted to Gen 3-5 mechanics.

Also know that I had to exclude Kyogre from boosting itself, otherwise a 3800 ATK double attacker will destroy nearly every monster in its way.

Then again, base 3000 ATK is on par with most bosses lately, so in a way, more or less to support small WATER monsters that need that extra push to get over an opponent's monster.

Double attack effect reflects that of Origin Pulse (or Surf); whatever you all prefer to use in-game.

Third effect is Rest for LP recovery; considering the game lately, some extra points are useful to survive.

Flavor-wise, you can't strike the turn it's used (well just Kyogre); consider it similar to what Chaos Sorcerer does after it banishes stuff.

原書深海のリバイアサン ゲンシカイオーガ

Gensho Shinkai no Ribaiasan Genshi Kaiōga

JwFkCDv.jpg

2 Tuners + "Kyogre, Leviathan of the Deep"
Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Any battle damage that a FIRE monster inflicts becomes 0. Both players can only activate a FIRE monster's effect once per turn. When another WATER monster you control battles an opponent's monster: It gains 1000 ATK during the Damage Step only. This card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase.

If you noticed from Set 2, both of the Eons had Accel Synchro formes when they Mega.

Here, this and Groudon use the Burning Soul / Double Tuning route (in Kyogre's case, may prove a little more challenging but it can be done)

Effect reflects what Primordial Sea does to an extent; here, it reduces FIRE monsters to being unable to deal damage and makes both players choose what effects they want to trigger while this is out.

A Skill Drain-esque thing for FIRE monsters would work here to an extent (coupled with the usual stat boost), but negation effects will hurt.

If I remember correctly, Boxers, Infernoids, Volcanics, Lavals, Flamvells and a few other common Decks will get crippled a bit if full negation actually happened, so basically cut off their damage output + allowed one of their effects to trigger each turn.

Other two effects are carry-on from normal Kyogre, except with an increased power boost. Again, Primal doesn't get boosted, otherwise it becomes an OTK engine on its own. (Indeed though, Exciton and 101 can still screw it over; along with common removal)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Groudon (003 - 004)]

地球のビヒモスグラードン

(Chikyū no Bihimosu Gurādon)

eNXmHCa.jpg

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner FIRE monsters
This card's Attribute is also treated as EARTH. When another FIRE monster battles an opponent's monster: It gains 800 ATK during the Damage Step only. Halve any battle damage inflicted by a WATER monster. This card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; halve its ATK/DEF, and if you do, halve any battle damage you inflict this turn.

See first three notes about regular Kyogre, and apply them to FIRE monsters.

Last effect reflects a Fire Punch burn of sorts, and is more or less there to soften up bosses.

Damage is halved though, given that FIRE monsters are still powering up via this card's effect; can possibly lead to an OTK (considering the support FIRE monsters can look forward to)

焦土のビヒモス ゲンシグラードン

Shōdo no Bihimosu Genshi Gurādon

WqBQbAE.jpg

2 Tuners + "Groudon, Behemoth of the Earth"

Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's Attribute is also treated as EARTH. Any battle damage inflicted by a WATER monster becomes 0. Both players can only activate a WATER monster's effect once per turn. When another FIRE monster you control battles an opponent's monster: It gains 800 ATK during the Damage Step only. This card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase. Once per turn: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; shuffle it into the Deck.

Looking at this one, Flamvells (assuming they are still relevant lately) among other things could make this without too many problems.

If they can go into SSD and Red Nova, this one shouldn't be different. (Except for them making a Level 9 instead of 8 in the initial run)

See notes on Primal Kyogre, except whatever WATER monsters get screwed.

There's a few of them: Mermails/Atlanteans (are these still relevant, factoring in the new lists?), Ice Barrier, Necloth, Sharks, etc.

Last effect is more on disruption, and shuffles things into the Deck (Roar). Given the effort, I had intended to have it shoot down 2 cards instead, but opted to hit only one. Rest of the stuff is carryover from normal Groudon.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rayquaza (005 - 006)]

空高く龍レックウザ

Sora-takaku Ryū Rekkūza

a9tycR1.jpg

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner WIND monsters
Other cards or effects that change ATK/DEF are negated. Once per turn: You can have this card gain 1000 ATK, but if you do, other monsters you control cannot attack this turn. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Your opponent takes 800 damage.

First effect is intended to reflect Air Lock, though it reflects neutering Groudon/Kyogre's stat boosting effects (as a reference to shutting down their weather). Originally planned to block Field Spells, but how many Decks actually utilize them lately?

Second effect is Dragon Dance with a limiter, though as a precaution, only it can strike that turn.

Still a 4300 ATK monster that can add additional burn is still scary to face. (D-Dance is a permanent boost in Smogon, but for balance reasons, it needs to be toned down)

Third one is a burn effect to represent how much power Rayquaza has.

即位神龍レックウザ

Sokui Shinryū Rekkūza

lqZk1Gm.jpg

1 Tuner Synchro Monster + "Rayquaza the Sky-High Dragon"
Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's Special Summon cannot be negated. When this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. Halve any battle damage you take involving a WIND monster you control. When this card destroys an opponent's monster: Your opponent takes 1000 damage.

Ah yes, Mega Rayquaza, the only Mega that doesn't need a stone to evolve further.

In a similar vein to Kyogre/Groudon, this card does have a Nomi clause; but it also factors in its Star Eater-esque clauses (once it comes out, don't bother trying to BTH). Considering that you will need to make Formula Synchron AND regular Rayquaza, it'll be for naught if the summon gets negated.

Anyway, it basically halves damage to WIND monsters you control (see Delta Stream) and retains its burn effect (although stronger).

I was going to have it make twin attacks to represent Earthquake, but considering this card gains immunity to effects when it strikes, and considering its 4000 attack body, that would be essentially overkill.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Milotic (007 - 008)]

In no way are these cards designed because of my friendship with Zextra.

蛇紋石水生美しさミロカロス

Jamon'ishi Suisei Utsukushi-sa Mirokarosu

QetU8J3.jpg

2 Level 4 WATER monsters
During each of your Standby Phases, gain 600 LP. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 Set Card your opponent controls; shuffle it into the Deck.

Recovery effect is based on Leftovers (an item that it generally holds on a set); or Recover (whatever works for you)

Detach effect is Dragon Tail, and is more/less intended to deal with backrow and other things.

MX 究極の水生美しさ ミロカロス

Mega Ekushīzu Kyūkyoku no Suisei Utsukushi-sa Mirokarosu

5LRrMhP.jpg

3 Level 5 WATER monsters
During each of your Standby Phases, gain 1000 LP. If this card has "Milotic the Serpentine Aquatic Beauty", it gains this effect.
● If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target up to 2 Set Cards your opponent controls; shuffle them into the Deck.

Alright, this one was basically designed because of Zextra (obviously Milotic didn't get a Mega Evo like some of us would've liked)

Basically, LP boost is increased a bit, and can hit an additional card when it kills something.

Also gave M-Milotic a way to protect itself if needed; given that it's usually on a bulky set.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Altaria (009 - 010)]

鵬鳥龍チルタリス

Hōchōryū Chirutarisu

aAeDad6.jpg

2 Level 4 WIND monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card is unaffected by card effects until the End Phase.

Basically a monster that can avoid getting hit by Exciton and other common things.

Usage-wise, MPBs, Harpies, Yousenjuu and other things can probably make good use of it.

MX 妖精鳳凰龍チルタリス

Mega Ekushīzu Yōsei Hōōryū Chirutarisu

ICAwfar.jpg

3 Level 5 WIND monsters
This card is also treated as a Fairy-Type monster. If this card has "Altaria the Peng Bird Dragon", it gains these effects.
● During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; until the End Phase, this card is unaffected by card effects this turn, also it cannot be destroyed by battle.
● During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: When this card battles an opponent's monster this turn, it gains 500 ATK until the end of the Battle Phase.
You can only activate 1 "MXyz Altaria the Fairy Phoenix Dragon" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

First effect is obvious, and reflects its Fairy typing in Mega form.

Detach effect grants it blanket immunity to things for a turn, unfortunately it only works on your turn, as opposed to its normal form getting protection.

Non-detach one gives Altaria some extra offensive power when it fights a monster, considering 2300 ATK on a Rank 5 Chaos Xyz isn't particularly impressive, considering a lot of common monsters, including some R4s can run this over. Here, it essentially can pump itself up to be able to fight.

That being said, you need to decide whether or not you want to boost to handle things or grant it immunity to Exciton, Castel, Chidori or whatever that turn, because you only get one shot that turn; and if you mispredict what to do that turn, Altaria will probably die or become 101 food.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Darkrai (011)]

暗闇の化身ダークライ

Kurayami no Keshin Dākurai

0zQZl9V.jpg

1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner DARK monsters
You can discard 1 card: Negate the effects of 1 monster whose effects activate when flipped face-up on the field. You can discard 1 card: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change it to face-down Defense Position. During your opponent's Standby Phase, they take 300 damage for every face-down monster they control. You can only activate 1 "Darkrai the Incarnate of Night" effect per turn, and only once per turn.

Ah yes, Darkrai. The Pokémon that was associated with Night during the hypothetical GPT matches (it suits him well though).

Of course, this was also a request from another member, so...

Basically designed as an anti-Shaddoll card, considering they are still relevant from what I see lately.

You could also use this for mirror matches, but that really wouldn't work, considering they lack any DARK Level 6s (outside of The First Monarch or something) + Falco to make the plays. (I don't recall them having any Level 3s though)

On another note, this also can mess with Rock Stun, Ghostricks and whatever likes having their monsters face-down at some point.

Anyway, second effect is supposed to reference Dark Void by flipping them face-down (essentially making them "sleep").

Last effect is Bad Dreams, since it does punish your opponent for having a face-down [recall that Bad Dreams strips 1/8 of a sleeping Pokémon's max HP per turn].

I don't think BAs really have use for this card though, but I could be wrong.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Zinnia (012)]

伝承者ヒガナ

Denshou-sha Higana

KjzDZkc.jpg

You can Tribute this card and target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "MXyz" monster with the same Type as that monster you control but 1 Rank higher, by using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to it also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.) .  If an "MXyz" monster you control would be destroyed by an opponent's card (either by battle or card effect): You can banish this card from your Graveyard instead. You can only activate 1 "Zinnia the Lorekeeper" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

As Zinnia's role in ORAS might imply, she has something to do with Mega Evolutions.

Factoring in her attempt to power up Rayquaza via the stolen Mega Rings, she can sacrifice herself to Rank-Up one of them (well, the non-legends).

Also comes with a Hymn of Light clause, except for MXyz.

As much as I'd like to remove the restriction on them being MXyz; do you really want easy Chaos Xyz to come out of this?

(Although it wouldn't be as bad as making C69 out of some generic R4 like Limited Barian's does, since you need the same Type)

As for the legendaries that did get Mega Evos (Eons, Mewtwo and Rayquaza), I'll probably do Zinnia's grandmother or something so they can act as an Accel Synchro thing.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Los Tres Pajaros Leyendos <Legendary birds> (013 - 015)]

北極鳥フリーザー

Hokkyoku-dori Furīzā

JrB5isQ.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WATER monsters
You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; until your next End Phase, it cannot attack or be used as a Synchro or Xyz Material monster. You can discard 1 card and target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; shuffle it into the Deck. You can only activate 1 "Articuno the Arctic Phoenix" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Basically designed off of a wall set Articuno had back in the BW era (considering its less than impressive offensive stats and good defenses).

Essentially, Articuno can either seal off an opponent's monster and prevent the opponent from either attacking/making Synchro or Xyz OR just flat out bouncing them (with a discard).

Both effects hurt A LOT, so a hard OPT was added to prevent abuse. First effect is Ice Beam (factoring in the freeze chance); second effect is Roar.

Also, I know that Articuno isn't really based on a phoenix; actually more on the Persian roc; but other names didn't really work.

I suppose this is an implicit reference to one of my superiors on a Pokémon MMORPG that I also have moderator status on (although I don't do much over there b/c it's mostly dead), but I digress. [They're associated with Articuno & their username has the word Phoenix in it]

http://princess-phoenix.deviantart.com/(Their dA for reference)

落雷千鳥サンダー

Rakurai Chidori Sandā

3lDZvq3.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner LIGHT monsters
Once per turn: You can discard 1 card and target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy it. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Target 1 face-down Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; it cannot be activated.

(In no way related to Lightning Chidori, except by naming convention)

This happens to be the legendary bird that I caught in XY, and by extension, the member of the trio that I use most often. Factoring in that I use an offensive set on my Zapdos in X, its effects somewhat reflect that (and Thunderbolt/Wave).

First effect is essentially Thunderbolt for STAB reasons; also good for killing bosses that this card cannot get over. 2600 ATK is still a good amount though.

Second effect is meant to neuter backrow when it kills something. Originally I had a SS4 clause on this, but I figured it would be too much, especially on a 2.6k body.

燃え不死鳥ファイヤー

Moe Fushichō Faiyā

l3vsNm4.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner FIRE monsters
Once per turn: You can banish 1 FIRE monster from your Graveyard; inflict 800 damage to your opponent. When this card is targeted for an attack: Your opponent takes damage equal to the Level/Rank of their attacking monster x 200 points.

FIRE is associated with burning, and that being said, Moltres is designed to inflict burn damage.

First effect is a basic burn effect; 1000 LP damage is a sizable chunk of your opponent's LP, but in that regard, you need to be willing to sacrifice your graveyard resources. I know that there are some FIRE decks that heavily utilize the Graveyard; making it a discard cost would only set up more food for them.

However, changing the cost to "discard" if certain Decks could use the added support can be done; provided they aren't going to be broken with this.

Second one reflects Flame Body (its HA), and is intended to discourage the opponent from attacking. 200 is chosen as a fair amount, since most monsters nowadays either have high Levels or a moderate Rank, and should deal a respectable amount of damage, without being overpowering.

Making it 300 would result in +1k damage at minimum; in a lot of cases, even over the +2/3k mark.

---

And yeah, these 3 are more/less Exciton / 101 / Castel and removal weak, but it's not going to be good design if I had worked effects in there to cockblock said threats.

Need to make sure they can actually provide support for any Deck that can afford to use them, while keeping them tame enough.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Druddigon (016)]

洞窟龍クリムガン

Dōkutsuryū Kurimugan

M8yCNHT.jpg

When this monster is targeted for an attack by your opponent's monster: Your opponent takes damage equal to that monster's Level/Rank x 200 points. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster on the field with equal or higher ATK than this card; destroy it. If you activated this effect, halve any battle damage you inflict this turn.

I guess you can consider this as another CC mod (well, former) in card form; this one being .Saber (as in the member who was promoted alongside me back in July)

Anyway, Rough Skin to give opponent some burn damage if they even attack this (200 per Level/Rank should be enough; though 300 is certainly in consideration)

Second effect is essentially Sucker Punch; or translated here, instant destruction. Of course, that comes with halving your damage output that turn, but can be useful to get rid of usual bosses and stuff.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Shaymin (017 - 018)]

優雅なの空戦士シェイミ

Yūgana no Sorasenshi Sheimi

tCrLqzH.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WIND monsters
This card is also treated as a Plant-Type monster. If this card destroys an opponent's monster: Your opponent takes damage equal to that monster's Level/Rank x 200 points. You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; it cannot declare an attack until the End Phase of your opponent's next turn. You can only activate this effect of "Shaymin the Graceful Sky Warrior" once per turn.

This is Shaymin's Sky Forme, which most of you is the offensive variant.

TBH, Shaymin-S doesn't really look like a Plant and fits more of an animal, so it's a Beast-Warrior instead of a Plant (printed, anyway).

First effect is supposed to be Seed Flare, coupled with Serene Grace. Seed Flare hits the defenses though, but playability-wise, wouldn't work so I had it burn based on the destroyed monster's Level/Rank; which fits as an accurate description of Seed Flare, while also proving to be useful.

Second effect is Air Slash, which cuts the opponent off from attacking. For most intents and purposes, this is good for stopping boss monsters or anything that overpowers this card. Obvious hard OPT needed, so you don't get free attack blocks on everything that turn.

優雅なの花束シェイミ

Yūgana no Hanataba Sheimi

GsSeU09.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Plant-Type monsters
Other Plant-Type monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; that monster loses 800 ATK/DEF, and if you do, gain the same amount of LP. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate this effect of "Shaymin the Graceful Bouquet" once per turn.

Shaymin-Land supports Plant Decks, though I'm not particularly sure how relevant they are now in this day/age.

Anyway, first effect grants other Plants immunity from Exciton, Castel and whatever targeting threats are still relevant. Second effect is Leech Seed for LP gain.

Also note that Shaymin-S and Land have 400 ATK/DEF swapped between them.

In essence, Land is defensive; Sky is offensive. Makes sense, thematically.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Victini (019)]

勝利の標章ビクティニ

Shōri no Hyōshō Bikutini

yhh3c0n.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner FIRE monsters
If this card battles an opponent's monster, any battle damage this card inflicts to your opponent is doubled. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster you control with an ATK of 1800 or less; double its ATK until the End Phase. This card cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate this effect of "Victini the Emblem of Victory" once per turn.

First effect is supposed to represent V-Create due to its power amount; basically Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon's RL effect.

Second one is a mix of its ability (Victory Star) and its actions during movie 14; which powers up smaller monsters in exchange for sacrificing its own attack that turn.

TBH, I didn't really know how to express Victory Star (which is an accuracy booster), but I suppose that the ATK boost helps whatever monster you choose become more accurrate in killing threats that it probably wouldn't have before. As much as I'd like to have it boost whatever monster you please; doing so would make OTKs happen a lot more in the case of bosses.

As usual, I also need to make sure this is viable in this metagame while keeping balance. 2400 ATK/DEF should be solid enough for a Level 7 with a non-Tuner restriction; and definitely double damage helps it a lot on its own.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Mew (020)]

種族の前駆ミュウ

Shuzoku no Zenku Myū

7QDPlyw.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can target 1 non-Xyz Monster you control or in your Graveyard; this card gains the targeted monster's effects until the End Phase of the turn. You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; shuffle it into the Deck. You can only activate 1 "Mew the Origin of Species" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

And here we have Mew, the creator of all Pokémon before Gen 4 [if the note about Arceus and stuff is kept aside for the time being].

Basically, first effect allows it to copy any non-Xyz effect of its choosing, referencing its ability to learn ANY move of its choosing (save for the elemental pledges/Hyper Beams + other stuff)

Second effect takes a page from its XY set with Defog; basically to bounce the opponent's backrow anyway.

Unlike the other legendaries, Mew is basically a generic Level 7; so splash it in any Deck that can still afford to make them (or have room alongside common staples)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Eevee (021)]

進化の奇跡イーブイ

Shinka no Kiseki Ībui

v8anJi3.jpg

You can Tribute this face-up card; Special Summon 1 "Evolutionary" monster (from your hand or Deck). You can only activate this effect of "Eevee the Miracle of Evolution" once per turn.

Yeah, it's basically a free "Eeveelution" of your choice in this case; all of them should have been designed in the previous sets; click on the links.

Although to prevent R6 spam with them, I added a hard OPT clause so you only get 1 free Eeveelution per turn.

(Aside from Umbreon, all of them are 2100-2300 ATK)

Flavor-wise, makes sense for Eevee to do this.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Deoxys (022 - 024)]

By member request.

サイコキラーデオキシス

Saiko Kirā Deokishisu

AN813wh.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner DARK monsters
When this card battles an opponent's monster, any battle damage this card inflicts to your opponent is doubled. This card can attack your opponent directly, but when it uses this effect, any Battle Damage it inflicts to your opponent is halved; also other monsters you control cannot declare an attack,You can return this card to your Extra Deck; Special Summon 1 "Deoxys" monster from your Extra Deck, except "Deoxys the Psycho Killer". You cannot activate this effect the turn this card is Special Summoned.

Very much a beatstick in most senses of the word.

Has an OEPD-esque effect to double any damage you might inflict on opponent (and yeah, stuff off of a 3000 ATK monster will hurt A LOT).

ExtremeSpeed effect to pick the opponent apart if you aren't able to (either opponent outpowers you or can't die in battle/they take no damage).

Then again, no defense points but then again Deo-A basically has no defenses (if we consider base 20 to be non-existent in terms of damage)

サイコブロッカーデオキシス

Saiko Burokkā Deokishisu

v7ousps.jpg

Once per turn: You can have all monsters your opponent currently controls lose 600 ATK/DEF. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; it cannot declare an attack during your opponent's next turn. You can return this card to your Extra Deck; Special Summon 1 "Deoxys" monster from your Extra Deck, except "Deoxys the Psycho Blocker". You cannot activate this effect the turn this card is Special Summoned.

Effect is basically Stealth Rock/Spikes and Thunder Wave; which equates to power drop (well, appropriately translated) and attack blocking for a while.

Flavor-wise, it has high DEF but low ATK, so it's reflected here.

2900 DEF is enough to wall most things for the most part, especially combined with its stat dropping. You probably won't be attacking with this; more of a support card than sweeping on its own.

(Would be nice if we adopted the OCG numbering system here, since 1/2 could be grouped properly)

サイコランナーデオキシス

Saiko Ran'nā Deokishisu

WJKrRZg.jpg

Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; it cannot activate its effects until your opponent's next End Phase. This card can attack your opponent directly, but when it uses this effect, any battle damage it inflicts to your opponent is halved. You can return this card to your Extra Deck; Special Summon 1 "Deoxys" monster from your Extra Deck, except "Deoxys the Psycho Runner".  You cannot activate this effect the turn this card is Special Summoned.

Effect is based on Taunt and ExtremeSpeed (or rather the fact that its base 180 spd allows it to strike first most of the time anyway).

That being said, 2400/2200 on a Level 8 Synchro isn't particularly great; especially since Stardust and a bunch of other things outclass it; but if anything, you use this for locking the opponent from activating stuff. Or you'd like to deal guaranteed damage without locking out your other monsters, like what the Attack forme does when it strikes.

As for its forme-switching, I borrowed the idea from the Super Roboyarou/Robolady cards from Legacy of Darkness (those things are old...)

So yeah, summon the form that you need at the time, and when they're no longer useful; swap them out.

Sorry, I couldn't do the regular forme, but in actuality, it'd just be a copy of the Attack forme for most intents/purposes.

Then again, Smogon says that it basically has no niche (or at least one not covered by its other formes).

[/spoiler]

Picture Credit:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs12/i/2006/315/f/0/Deoxys___gonna_pwn_you___O_by_aquamizuko.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/125/b/5/speed_form_deoxys_by_dusclord_005-d645x9x.png

http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/841795-bigthumbnail.jpg

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120918091632/powerlisting/images/6/62/Groudon.jpg

http://www.st-gerner.de/download/wall01.jpg

http://static.zerochan.net/Milotic.full.1397552.jpg

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/258/7/e/pokemon___primal_groudon_by_r_nowong-d7za0o2.png

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2014/167/8/8/primal_kyogre__by_le_av-d7mmdii.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/276/2/8/mega_rayquaza_by_xcidx-d81dztp.jpg

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32500000/Rayquaza-Wallpaper-pokemon-32576284-1024-768.jpg

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/248/d/b/profile_picture_by_ask__darkrai-d5dnzcr.jpg

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2014/112/e/a/articuno_by_masae-d7fjpnj.png

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs4/i/2004/248/d/c/Zapdos___Gayoo_by_WarBandit.jpg

http://sixprizes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/druddigon-wild-blaze-art-1.jpg

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/25/96/73539625/photos/Mewthe-one-I-RP-not-/mew_by_mictono-d34mnnx-1.jpg

Mega Milotic, Altaria and both Shaymin pics done by me.

Ask if you want.

---------------------------------------------

This one is meant to deal with ORAS stuff that appeared so far, and maybe some X/Y Pokes or things I didn't do in the first two sets.

Anyway, please CnC.

Reps given to those who give constructive comments.

First off, I wanted to mention that I've seen plenty of these Pokemon sets, but I find yours (Meaning all 3 sets) currently to be not only the most balanced, but the most logical. Keep it up, really looking forward to seeing more of these!

Anywho, from what I see here:

Kyogre: Seeing as this is Advanced, I thought I would mention that I actually have no clue how you are going to make this in a Water Deck, especially since it's Level 9. Perhaps teching in Fishborg Archer in Mermail and going from there? If it was a generic tuner requirement, you could POSSIBLY do something with Genex Controller, but what that would be I can't think of off the top of my head. However, if you did manage to get it out in Mermail, it certainly would spell the beginning of the end game. With Megalo and/or Leed, you got some HUGE beatsticks at hand that not even Apoqliphort Towers would be happy to see. Primal Kyogre takes that to the extreme, though until Fishborg Blaster is legal, I don't see it hitting the field anytime soon. The LP gain effect is nice, but let's be honest: You aren't going to use that a whole lot, along with the applications of either card's FIRE limitations. It's good for what it can do, but the application is limited.

Groudon: Creative typing with the Dinosaur, I would think of it as a Pyro, but I digress. I suppose Fire Fist and Lavals now have some sort of a powerhouse, the latter for once having one that isn't degenerate. If 3 Axis ever became a thing again, this wouldn't be the toughest things to make, although I don't see that happening anytime soon. Unlike Kyogre, the secondary effect is very much convienant, being able to make even more of a solid beating ground and smashing face for damage. There's another FIRE archetype with a Synchro piercer I can't put my finger on, but if I remember it, it would have amazing synergy with this one. Primal Groundon makes Nekroz cry because Shrit will activate in the chain of effects I believe, making Trishula unable to activate. If you can get it off, it probably would be very relevant. The second effect of him is also much better, able to spin cards and ruin several Deck's strategies and/or plays, the first I can think of being Shadolls and their Fusions. Probably the better of the two, although probably the less relevant in terms of Deck potential.

Milotic: Now THIS I fancy! The LP effect, while not necessary still, is actually credible this time around. Being able to spin backrow and/or face down monsters (Ideally Shadolls) is quite a nice reward, and that 2500 DEF is really solid. Probably not the first card to run in the WATER Decks that could play it (Certainly not worth the time of Nekroz), it would at least be a nice addition to the Extra Deck, sorta like how Cowboy is nowadays. Not much to say since it's fairly straightforward in its use and Deck selection. So far, the best of the set
Note: There is a slight OCG error. Should be 1 SET card, not 1 face-down.

Overall, a nice selection of cards over a great few sets! I'm looking to see more of these! Again, keep it up

While making these sets, I do try to apply Advanced/RC principles into them with some metagame things in mind; although it is a bit challenging to keep the flavor in them, but not go overboard with them.

In terms of Kyogre, Ice Barriers should be able to make it without problems. (I've done this a few times with Trishula/Mist Wurm; though partly gimmicky)

Outside of that, making it a full WATER requirement does hurt at times. Then again, I think the past legendaries I've made in the other sets did have generic Tuner requirements, so I can fix that on Kyogre/Groudon.

Unless Infernoids actually become a threat in TCG once released, Kyogre's essentially limited to what it can do. Suppose the LP effect can be changed to burn damage or a stat-boosting effect (probably to Calm Mind); or I just block it from attacking, and everything else can fight. Restoring 1000 LP isn't exactly worth sacrificing your Battle Phase; if it were maybe 3000 or something, then yeah that would be necessary.

Then again, it might also reflect how Primal Groudon is better than Kyogre since its biggest weakness is gone; whereas Kyogre still has its two greatest weaknesses (even with added special bulk). [Now I regret not buying Ruby]

Groudon's Type was Dinosaur, mainly because of its design (Pyro would work as a secondary Type in its Primal mode, factoring in its new Typing).

But indeed though, P-Groudon does stomp on a lot of common things like Nekroz, Mermails and so on. It also allows you to bounce Extra Deck bosses away, or problematic cards your opponent might have out.

Basically speaking, I've been using this as a scale for how the legendaries would be designed.

580 BST (non-mascot trios) - Level 7

600 BST (generic stuff) - Level 8 (however Latias is Level 7, despite this)

660/670 BST (Kyurem / Groudon / Kyogre) - Level 9 (latter two could be Level 10 though)

680 BST (version) - Level 10 (though Mega Lati@s are in here as Accel Synchro)

700 BST (Kyurem formes) - Level 11

720+ BST (Arceus / Mega Ray + Mewtwo / Primals) - Level 12

--

In terms of Milotic, being able to switch into Defense Position would help it a bit; considering that 2100 ATK, while not bad for an R4, does mean it's set up bait for stronger monsters.

Same with its Mega, considering that unlike Gyara; Milotic is defensively-inclined. (Then again, Milotic doesn't have an evolution; even though I'd like it, and definitely Zex would)

Indeed though, getting rid of backrow is always a nice thing to have.

For now, only M-Milotic gets the forced Defense Position effect. 2500 ATK on an R5 isn't really much, but it does its share of work when needed.

But I'll keep adding more cards to the set once I get ideas.

Rayquaza will definitely make an appearance; though as noted, it'll be going Accel Synchro, which unfortunately will require Formula Synchron to go into.

Thank you for the CnC though.

(Kyogre/Groudon should be a bit easier to get out at this point, and on par with the other legendaries, now that their Tuner requirement is generic)

While making these sets, I do try to apply Advanced/RC principles into them with some metagame things in mind; although it is a bit challenging to keep the flavor in them, but not go overboard with them.

In terms of Kyogre, Ice Barriers should be able to make it without problems. (I've done this a few times with Trishula/Mist Wurm; though partly gimmicky)

Outside of that, making it a full WATER requirement does hurt at times. Then again, I think the past legendaries I've made in the other sets did have generic Tuner requirements, so I can fix that on Kyogre/Groudon.

Unless Infernoids actually become a threat in TCG once released, Kyogre's essentially limited to what it can do. Suppose the LP effect can be changed to burn damage or a stat-boosting effect (probably to Calm Mind); or I just block it from attacking, and everything else can fight. Restoring 1000 LP isn't exactly worth sacrificing your Battle Phase; if it were maybe 3000 or something, then yeah that would be necessary.

Then again, it might also reflect how Primal Groudon is better than Kyogre since its biggest weakness is gone; whereas Kyogre still has its two greatest weaknesses (even with added special bulk). [Now I regret not buying Ruby]

Groudon's Type was Dinosaur, mainly because of its design (Pyro would work as a secondary Type in its Primal mode, factoring in its new Typing).

But indeed though, P-Groudon does stomp on a lot of common things like Nekroz, Mermails and so on. It also allows you to bounce Extra Deck bosses away, or problematic cards your opponent might have out.

Basically speaking, I've been using this as a scale for how the legendaries would be designed.

580 BST (non-mascot trios) - Level 7

600 BST (generic stuff) - Level 8 (however Latias is Level 7, despite this)

660/670 BST (Kyurem / Groudon / Kyogre) - Level 9 (latter two could be Level 10 though)

680 BST (version) - Level 10 (though Mega Lati@s are in here as Accel Synchro)

700 BST (Kyurem formes) - Level 11

720+ BST (Arceus / Mega Ray + Mewtwo / Primals) - Level 12

--

In terms of Milotic, being able to switch into Defense Position would help it a bit; considering that 2100 ATK, while not bad for an R4, does mean it's set up bait for stronger monsters.

Same with its Mega, considering that unlike Gyara; Milotic is defensively-inclined. (Then again, Milotic doesn't have an evolution; even though I'd like it, and definitely Zex would)

Indeed though, getting rid of backrow is always a nice thing to have.

For now, only M-Milotic gets the forced Defense Position effect. 2500 ATK on an R5 isn't really much, but it does its share of work when needed.

But I'll keep adding more cards to the set once I get ideas.

Rayquaza will definitely make an appearance; though as noted, it'll be going Accel Synchro, which unfortunately will require Formula Synchron to go into.

Thank you for the CnC though.

(Kyogre/Groudon should be a bit easier to get out at this point, and on par with the other legendaries, now that their Tuner requirement is generic)

Ya welcome on the CnC. Interesting scale you got there. Looks like whenever you get to Darkrai, I'll be closely observing that one since I tend to run DARK Turbo lmao But yeah, that all tends to make sense, especially with Groudon being the super card and all. Either way, it'll always be the more likely to be one run more since even Fluffals are more relevant than Ice Barriers, so it might as well have some use.

If Darkrai gets made, will probably have some sort of LP draining effect (Bad Dreams) and maybe something to reflect Dark Void. 

Probably will fit nicely into DARK decks, considering their usual Synchros. 

Cresselia will be more of a wall, but its stats basically suggest this.

(As noted, some of the scales have been broken in a few cases, but most of the time, they stick to it)

But indeed, the cards here have their own niche in certain Decks; just that some are useful in today's game and others work for older generations. 

Rayquaza will probably shut down Field Spells (Air Lock), which probably will screw with Malefic/EBIs if they're relevant at this time; and Mega will reduce any battle damage involving a WIND monster you control. 

May have to design a new Tuner Synchro for Rayquaza, but Formula can still work for the most part. Or Phonon Dragon, but might be a bit situational. 

Probably have enough RUMs as is, and they already got a searcher in Set 2. 

---

As a sidenote, I might not do them in order; basically if I can come up with a nice idea for them, I'll probably get to it. 

(Most of the stuff tends to be Extra Deck, but that's assuming you use them alongside regular things as another tech)

• 2 weeks later...

Update post, because stuff's been added.

Added Rayquaza + its associated Mega form, along with Altaria.

In the latter's case, I suppose you can assume that it's designed with Nai in mind, considering he's associated with Altaria lately (much like Zex has Milotic and I'm associated with both Eons). Just so you know, that wasn't the intention, but I guess it's bound to happen. (Zex's one was intentional though, because I've known him for so long)

And yes, Nai is male.

-----------

Rayquaza was designed on some of its standard sets + usual things, however they were toned down from their actual abilities due to their impact on the game here.

Although Mega Rayquaza doesn't need a Mega Stone to evolve, I still gave it the same requirements the Eons have; save for not having a Nomi clause (in their case).

Mega Ray is intended to be made via Formula + normal Rayquaza, though I will probably design another Tuner Synchro that facilitates the summoning, and doesn't rely you to run Formula. It might also be helpful when Mewtwo comes around, since it also is a 680/780 BST legendary and will require the Accel Synchro path.

The Ascended part of its name can be attributed to Dragon Ascent, which you do need for it to Mega. I didn't reflect that in the effect though (or I suppose you can consider its burn effect in both formes to be representative of such).

*sigh*  I can only dream of making cards/sets as balanced as Mr. Sakura.  Btw, I noticed you put your name before the set name, lol pretty much the reason I clicked it because I knew the cards would be good.  Now, all I gotta do is figure out which one of my decks your cards work with (hasn't even looked at em because I'm expecting em to be useful).  Ok, printed, off to duel myself (I need a life... or a friend who is into Yugioh xD).

Ok, back after looking over em.  I like the pictures, but I honestly cannot correctly comment on cards of this caliber.  They are just over my head... *sigh* you are many levels ahead of me in card making.  Anyways, keep up the good work.  :)  Time to practice making cards.... or post some more monsters in my set, lol.

Any cards in particular that you liked?

As for the tagging thing, it's basically a standard that members use to mark their work here.

(I'm not perfect at card making, but I do make a conscious effort to design them for the current gamestate. In time, you'll improve also)

You don't have to be an expert in grading cards; just write something relevant to how you think the cards work with respect to existing stuff, and that's fine with me.

------------------------

Basically, all of the Pokemon cards designed so far are meant to be used in conjunction with existing things.

Milotic (Zex) works in R4 WATER Decks; Sharks might be able to make use of it, unless they go for Rank 5s nowadays. Ice Barriers can probably do something with it.

Altaria (Nai) is for WIND Decks; as noted, Yosenju, MPBs (w/out Tokens), maybe Harpies and other stuff can make this.

The Weather Trio members are designed for different playstyles; Rayquaza can fit into a WIND Deck that can afford to churn out Level 10 Synchros with 3+ mats.

Mega Ray will be more of a challenge though, depending if Formula plays into the Deck you use to get regular one out in the first place.

While I try to factor in the metagame at certain points, it is impossible to design them to counter nearly every existent threat (see BAs, Qlips, Necloth, etc), but they can deal with certain things.

Groudon makes Necloths cry though (one of the concerns I had about the Primals is their ability to screw over certain Decks; Groudon certainly is capable of this, but Kyogre has some usage, albeit limited)

----

Design-wise, may plan to do some of the ORAS Megas and other things.

That being said, most of this stuff is Extra Deck, so need to design some Main Deck things so it doesn't turn into a ED-oriented thing.

Updated stuff; in this case, Darkrai and Zinnia. 

Darkrai was intended to curb Shaddolls and stuff, hence why you can negate their effects (but not destroy). Negate/destroy effects are getting cliché and of course, need to be worked with very carefully.

I would've liked to flat out negate effects that activate when face-up automatically, but I have a feeling that it would REALLY make this card OPed, since it does shut down a good amount of Decks (like Ghostricks if they're still relevant, aforementioned Shaddolls; even if a lot of you hate them as much as BAs, Rocks and some other stuff).

Looking at it though, it doesn't stop Nephilim/Midrash from retrieving stuff OR if they get sent to the Graveyard via effects; though it counters Shadow Games to an extent.

Was considering negating the effects of face-down monsters it killed in battle instead, so that said monsters can't trigger their retrieval effects (assuming that they activate on the field, which I think they do; need to check on that later). It works well with its Dark Void effect.

Last two effects are signature move/ability-related, so nothing much to say there.

---------------

Zinnia provides a faster way to make the Mega Evolutions and protect them once from destruction (due to your opponent).

Come to think of it, I think I made Korrina (in Set 2) have a similar function; I don't quite recall. If that's true, I'll just rework her to deal with Chidori and other things that don't destroy.

Updated with the legendary birds.

Basically, Level 7 Synchros (like the scale suggests) with non-Tuner Attribute requirements, but this should be nothing new.

I already explained their intended use in the main post, so a quick summary of what they do.

Articuno = Bouncing / Extra Deck blocking (to a limited extent)

Zapdos = Destruction / backrow killing

Moltres = Burn damage

----

Also keep in mind that while the legendary birds have a highest base stat of 125; their power level is with that of the legendary beasts. (Except for Articuno's 2700 DEF)

I originally planned on having Zapdos/Moltres boast 2700 ATK also to match, but that would be a bit much for a Level 7; even with an Attribute restriction.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. First time i'm in a forum dedicated to making ygo cards. Those really are well made. I'll need work before being able to do make as well balanced cards. But to say, I'm still a little disappointed, because even if you did Hoenn legendaries, it lack my favorite pokemon: Deoxys. Even so, I can't think of a way to simulate the form change in game. Maybe with a ritual/countinuous/field spell? Needs work.

Remember that I've been busy and not getting ideas for stuff lately.

If you'd like to see Deoxys, I'll see what I can do.

Suppose I could design 4 separate forms, and have them return themselves to the Extra like cards such as Super Roboyarou/lady do.

---

I know I did Kyurem's two forms as separate.

---

Planning on doing Lopunny or something, but obviously lack of regular images (without the suggestive implications).

As for other stuff, added Druddigon.

In some way, I suppose that .Saber deserved a card form here, considering he was a good CC co-mod, however long that lasted.

You can read the notes about its effect.

Added Shaymin, both forms.

Sky is the offensive variant, with damage-dealing capacities and locking off attacks from a boss monster. (Though that part mainly works for them only; opponent will just use smaller monsters as Xyz/Synchro bait or whatever). It also has 2600 ATK, which should be enough to run over things, given its Level 7 requirement.

Land is defensive, and blocks Castel/101, etc. alongside LP restoration (and softening up your opponent's monster). I left it at a flat 800, so it serves as a strong enough reducer + reliable LP restoration.

(Thematically, Leech Seed steals 1/16 of the HP, but for this purpose, I just gave it a set amount so it's not gimmicky as hell, and can actually screw with stuff when needed)

This one is 2200/2200, which is not particularly great on a Level 7 with a Type restriction, but the effects should make up for it.

---

Also, I did say that BST 600 legendaries would be Level 8, but here Shaymin is Level 7 (like Latias beforehand).

In that regard, I've decided to implement a quick change to the Level 7+8 things (with regard to their sizes).

Level 7 - BST 580 legendaries (regardless of height + weight), BST 600 legendaries (120 or less pounds AND 4'9 below) and fully evolved non-legendaries with BST 540+.

Level 8 - BST 600 legendaries (Over 120 pounds OR 4'10 and over)

Shaymin fulfills both of the Level 7 requirements, being under 1'4 inches and 12 pounds (which is definitely less than me), so it's Level 7.

Same goes for Latias (note that I'm using her regular form).

The new scale should correlate well enough.

(This means that Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Victini will all be Level 7s if I make their cards. Genesect and Darkrai are Level 8 because of the new conditions)

Added Mew and Victini.

Again, the new scale is in effect [since both of them fulfill the two conditions, they are Level 7].

Victini is essentially a Synchro OEPD that can support other monsters if needed; Mew basically has a Number 8-esque effect and bounces an opponent's S/T card.

Do note that both of them have hard OPTs on them, especially with Mew being able to either bounce stuff or gain another effect.

----

I know someone requested Deoxys to be made at one point; I haven't forgotten about it, but right now it is proving a bit difficult to decide on a proper way to incorporate all 4 formes, especially since they have different play styles. (Though regular and Attack should be similar; Speed might be a direct attacker and Defense is probably a wall thing)

• 3 weeks later...

Added Eevee and Deoxys (3 formes).

Sorry GodsOfMoon, I could only do the alternative formes because regular Deoxys was essentially a weaker version of its attacking form and doing so would be somewhat bland.

That being said, Eevee's role is basically to pull out an Eeveelution of your choice. See first two sets for the members.

Deoxys has roles based on its forme, and carries a Super Roboyarou/lady thing (summon different formes)

• Attack is a very hard beatstick.
  • Defense is power drops and attack locks.
  • Speed is direct attacking and effect locking (you might as well negate them, but they aren't).

TBH, if I did make Normal Deoxys, probably would just be Deo-A with less ATK and more DEF.

---

I'd like to design the trainers next (probably as Pendulums), but doing so might require me to redo a lot of things.

• 3 weeks later...

Still thanks for Deoxys! I was really hoping to see a well-made one, since my first try to create a Deoxys card relied on a continuous magic card, which is easy to counter. As for the normal one, I did one who could help you add psychic-types monsters to your hand, with an effect that looked like the one of malefic work (that'a called... searching effects? Can't remember...), to simulate the ability to detect Silver from the manga, but maybe it's not too good since he could be easily beaten before his effect would activate (he was 2400/2000)

Still thanks for Deoxys! I was really hoping to see a well-made one, since my first try to create a Deoxys card relied on a continuous magic card, which is easy to counter. As for the normal one, I did one who could help you add psychic-types monsters to your hand, with an effect that looked like the one of malefic work (that'a called... searching effects? Can't remember...), to simulate the ability to detect Silver from the manga, but maybe it's not too good since he could be easily beaten before his effect would activate (he was 2400/2000)

It might help you with your own card  :444817_key: 

No problem.

I had to think a bit about how to do them, and more/less based it off of its sets in Smogon.

It might help you with your own card  :444817_key: 

Indeed, but what are your thoughts on the cards provided thus far?

Remember that if you're going to comment, you need to give your own opinions.

(¿Cuáles son tus pensamientos sobre las cartas provisto aquí? Recordá que si vos comentás, necesitás a dar tus propias opiniones.)

Sí es más fácil para vos, podés escribir en español.

Archived