|_) The Digital Revolution (_|

Mugendramon

.:Heh he-bzzzrrrrzzzzzz-unter:.

.:I hope you'll enjoy my,-tzrrrzz-game:.

.:Know that in t-bzzzzzzzzzzzztrrrrrrrrrrrrrrstssssssss- only various flavours of losers:.

.:Harsh, but those are the terms of -frrrrrrzzzzzzz-:.

.:Reap what you will, but know I -tzrrrrrrrrrrrbzzzzzz-, and now that you're in it, -bzzzzrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

The message is static-filled, and quickly dies away. In its place, a new one fills your ears.

.:The old man is dead. Long gone, in fact:.

.:This place might have been trashed, but we still stand:.

.:So head in, young hunter; into the depths of these ruins:.

.:And begin the Digital Revolution:.

[spoiler=Game Masters]

Game Master ~ Me

tek50d86a05ef34f4492276.pngMachinedramon_vg.gif
"Don't get too comfortable, I'll keep you in shape"
Themesong: "Tataki no Toki"
Clock Maker ~ Y

tek50a4205e747f42808932.png

"Dejà Vu all over again"
Themesong: "Variations"
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Game Rules]
1: No spamming: This probably comes off as vague. What this essentially says is that if you actually fancy a place in this club, your one-liners better be Digimon-related.

2: Advertising is forbidden, with one exception. If by any chance you feel like advertising something Digimon-related, tell me about it and we'll figure something out.

3: Flaming is out of the question as per usual.

4: Please talk using correct spelling & grammar.

5: Posts in this club must consist of 4 or more words.

6: Don't post in the god damn club without being a god damned member. If you wish to join, fill in the Enlistment Form.

7: If you're wondering why you're "Under Probation", you are being evaluated in your competencies regarding Digimon. The Clock Maker or the Game Master will provide you with a Loader once they see you're fit enough to Hunt. This is in order to test your commitment. To get out of this category, you will have to PM me a description of an Area of the YCM Quartz. You can find examples of these in the "Data Library" tab.

8: As far as Partners go, it is based on Game Master or the Clock Maker's choice. Our Riddles for Partner Digimon will be primarily Rookies and the occasional Armor.

9: You can answer Riddles whilst "Under Probation", but you won't receive your Partner until you become a Hunter. And if someone answers the Riddle before you, tough titties.

10: If you think you know the answer to a partner riddle but already have a Partner, and you want to answer it for sport, PM your answer to me. For the love of Lucmeon DO NOT spoil it for those without a Partner.

11: If you fail to answer the Partner Riddle for the Armor Type, you cannot attempt to answer that Riddle again.

12: Know that the hunt, despite supposedly being the main appeal of this club, is in no way compulsory. You can choose not to be a part of it, albeit that being discouraged. The actual topic here is Digimon after all.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Enlistment Form]

Hunter Name (The alias your character will go by):

Xros Loader Colour:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Data Library (Miscellaneous information about the Hunt)']

I am currently reorganizing and attempting to recover as much information as possible from what the Old Man gathered back in the day. For now, this is all we have.

[spoiler=The Hunt]

The Hunt is a game in which you are teamed up with a Digimon Partner in order to fight and capture Digimon spread across YCM'S DigiQuartz. There are many locales for a Mon to hide, and plenty more for them to ambush you in.

Be vigilant, be prepaed, but, above all, have fun. This is a game after all; albeit an abusrdly dangerous one.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Your Partner]

Your Partner is your life in this game, if it succeeds, you succeed. If it fails,you fail. They will be your best friend and closest ally in this game. So be sure to treat them kindly and with respect.

Below are notes pertaining to your Digimon Partners.

[spoiler=Stats]

Your Partner's Stats will decide how well they fare in Battle. Below is an explanation of each stat.

Noir Charge: The gauge located directly underneath your Partner's sprite in your Profile. It collects Charged Energy From DigiNoir used on your Partner.

HP = Health Points: This is obvious even to the basest of RPGers. If oyu take damage, you lose HP equal to that damage. If HP is reduced to 0, the Target is knocked out and/or killed. You DON'T want to get knocked-out.

SP = Special Points: This is a surprise, all will be revealed in due time.

Str = Strength: Strength defines the maximum amount of damage you can inflict on your Opponent. It is a highly useful Stat, so be sure to raise it whenever possible.

End = Endurance: End defines the maximum amount of damage you can reduce per hit. If you possess 30 End, every attack made against you is reduce by 30. However, know that some attacks can bypass End or even reduce it.

Agi = Agility: Agi defines the maximum number of attack you can make in one turn. If you have 4 Agi, you can make up to 4 attack rolls per turn. It is incredibly valuable to have a good Agi stat, and when paired with high Str you can really shred your Opponents.

Sta = Stamina: This, much like SP, will come into relevance in due time.

Just = Justice: An esoteric Stat, it increases by 1 for every successful hit your Partner takes. Once this Stat reaches 100, it resets and something vey special happens. However, if your Partner gets KOed, this value is reset to 0. If you flee, your Just is halved instead. If it is seen your Just is getting too high, the Clock Maker will do whatever is in his power to reduce it to 0.

Once you receive a Partner, you can choose to either allow your Stats to be randomly rolled, possibly creating a stronger Partner, or you can choose to take a preset amount of Stats.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Xrossing]

DigiXros is the act of fusing two or more Digimon together to get enhance power and form. However, the rules of DigiQuartz dictate that only 2 Digimon can be Xrossed at a time. However, sometimes the Rules may alter so more than 2 cna be Xrossed.

With a DigiXros, your Partner is the root Digimon, and the other Digimon are the subs. In turn, with your Partner being the root, they will gain a stat boost or other special effects from the Xros. For example, if you have a strong Digimon like Greymon, the root Digimon will gain a boost to Str.

Xrosses have different effects and may not always affect the Stats of the Root. For example, Xrossing your Partner with a Meramon will set them on fire, and thus cause burn damage when hit by your Opponent. Or Submarimon, whose sharp harpoon will allow you to ignore End.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Using DigiNoir]

You may sometimes find Cans of DigiNoir when searching Secondary Missions, by being rewarded with them, buying them, growing them or by other means. These little dohickeys are quite handy for two reasons:

1) They increase your Partner's Stats, randomly of course. From values of 1-10 I will roll it via Randomizer and you will receive Stats based on the roll.

.:Rookie:.

1 or 9: HP +10

6: SP +5

2, 4, 8, 10: Str +2

3: Agi +1

5: Sta +1

7: End +2

2) Once a Can of DigiNoir is consumed, a Charge is added to your Partner's NC (Noir Charge). These can be expended before Battle to either double your Partner's Base Level Str; or grant Inf Sta when your Partner is Super Evolved.

Once a Noir Charge bar reaches its current maximum value, such as 10/10, a Maxing occurs, expending all current Charges to increase the bar by an additional 10 (up to a cap of 50) and Bonus Stats are given equal to half the Maximum amount of Charges during the Maxing. These can be placed into any stat: but, only 1 can be put into Agi. Points going into HP are increases at a 1:10 ratio, so 1 point into HP increases it by 10. Points going into SP function at a 1:5 ratio.

So, 10/10 -> 0/20 +5 Stats.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Partner Death]

Death; death is an inevitability that exists. If you mistreat your Partner and constantly abuse them, it is highly likely that they will be destroyed. If that is the case, you are banished from the game, and your Xros Loader will be destroyed. You may return to the Circle, but you will be known as a Disgraced Hunter, be given a dummy Xros Loader; and will be partnered with a weak Gizumon.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Missions]

Battle is an inevitability, you will have to fight Digimon in order to capture them. There is currently one known forms of Battle: the Hunt Battle. Another type exists, but since the times of the old Organization, it has been long forgotten. Below is a guide to Hunt Battles.

Once you have solved the Riddle to a Primary Mission and entered the Location it gave in order to Hunt, usually you as the Tamer have initiative and can attack first. However, sometimes I may ambush you, for giggles.

Battle will then intiate when either party makes their move. Due to the Regulations of Hunt Battles, they are turn based.

All Hunt regulated Battles are known as .:Primary Missions:. or Primes.

[spoiler=Primary Missions / Hunt Battle Basics]

During your turn, you can Xros, Cho Shinka, use an Item and/or attack. However, the only available actions for you to perform as of yet are attacking and Xrossing.

When attacking, you will use a RNG I have provided a little lower in this guide. I could explain Battle for you, but I find a Simulation fight to be much more informative. Here, we'll battle Dobermon vs a Pagumon.

Dobermon.gif

.:Dobermon:.

HP: 300

SP: N/A

St: 35

End: 20

Agi: 5

Sta: N/A

Just: N/A

Pagumon.gif

.:Pagumon:.

HP: 60

SP: N/A

Str: 10

End: 4

Agi: 1

Imbalanced, yes; also, with NPC based Enemy Digimon, they will usually never have a Sta Stat but, should they do, be prepared for a tough fight. However, Enemy Digimon will never have a Just Stat.

Oh noes, with all my rambling Pagumon got to attack first, the little turd. It blew its pathetic bubbles at Dobermon.

It attempts to hit for 8 damage.

8 - 20 = -12 = 0

Pagumon's damage vs 20 = Dobermon's End

Due to Dobermon's End stat of 20, he took no damage, due to the damage being significantly reduced into the negatives. Having a good End Stat can be quite life saving.

Now, it's our turn Dobermon.

HOOOOOWWWLLLL!!!!

Dobermon struck Pagumon with a claw and sent it hurtling away, he then ran after it and started chewing on him.

26 - 4 = 22

24 - 4 = 20

5 - 4 = 1

6 - 4 = 2

19 - 4 = 15

= 60

OH YEAH! Exactly zero defeat. Pagumon was beaten, now, you cna choose to let the Target fade away or capture it. I'll let it fade away.

Is that simple enough? Good, I hope so.

Know that the key for decisive victory is based on having a good score of Stats.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Randomizer]

This is the randomizer that will be used for Battle.

Randomizer

Important thing to note:

Numbers per set = Your Agi

Number Range:

From = 1 always

To = Your Str

Numbers must not be set to Unique

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Secondary Missions]

Secondary Missions (Secs) are unqiue events where we receive Ping Data from somewhere in DigiQuartz. Like Primary Missions they come with a Riddle in order to locate where the source of the Ping is.

The source in question of these Pings are (usually) Sandoria Goddess Statues. These Statues carry the Will of the Sandoria Goddess, and thus will gift Hunters and Noble Souls that find them. They withhold their prizes from Disgraced Hunters. Their prizes can be anything from DigiNoir to exceptionally rare Items. You should never miss out the chance to find these Statues when possible.

However, if you go after them, you forsake the chance to find the Hunt Target for that day. Be sure to weigh the pros and cons of your choice.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Special Missions']

Special Missions work similarly to Primary Hunts, in that their objective is to hunt and neutralize a Target. Due to not being an official Primary Hunt, however; capturing the defeated Digimon is not allow. Not all is negative on the other hand, as a riddle is not necessary to take a part in it. This type of mission is usually issued by the Game Master personally, in cases of great need.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Known Locations]

[spoiler=Card Contests]I must say, I never expected such a place to exist in the otherwise peaceful YCM Quartz. It was most likely the most depressive place I have ever been to. I cannot possibly make justice of how depressing it was, and I'm usually good at writing depressive things.

Card Contests is located in the Custom Cards Octant, and is by far the largest within it. Above it hang several data spheres, structurally similar to TCG Zone's. According to those who were free enough at the me, each of these spheres are Realistic, Pop Culture, Any Other, and Written Card Zones. Their size differs, but they are all no doubt massive. They however pale in comparison to the sheer scale of Card Contests Zone, going far, far beyond what the eye can see; even far beyond the Falcomon who gave me a lift's eye, who was flying at an immodestly high altitude.

For miles and miles, all one can see is war.

Thousands... no, probably millions and millions of Digimon, sometimes belonging to tribes from around the area, sometimes -according to my guide- from the confines of Quartz and even beyond. These battles seem to follow no clear pattern and are rather numerous; yet none of these battles seem to relate to each other at all. Battles may sometimes be so huge-scaled, that saying they disappeared into the horizon would be an understatement. Truly a saddening sight.

As my guide attempted to land, saying that there was no more to see, I miserably spotted a gigantic building in the distance. The Falcomon sighed and explained that that was a fighting Colosseum. Intrigued, I asked the bird to lead me there, which he did not take nicely and instead dropped me mid-air. We were pretty low, otherwise I might have died. I made my way there by tricking a battalion into believing I was their General and having a Tyrannomon carry me. Heh.

[spoiler=One on One Contests]

I now understand why that Falcomon didn't want to drop by here. This place is stuffed with jerks with giant egos. Mostly melee-type Digimon, and they all look sort of strong. They make me feel depressed.

One on One Contests Zone is a sub-Zone withing Card Contests, although I don't believe a single structure should be called a Zone, all Digimon here seem to consider it so. Although its size might allow it to run for that title: The place is divided into thousands of mini-indoor fighting dojos, absolutely unrelated to the exterior roman appearance of the building. In each of these dojos, one single fighter opposed another in whatever kind of fight they wanted to, I could discern no clear patterns on what each consisted off. I nearly lost a foot upon entering a razor-throwing contest. Man, was that depressing. According to sources, these spares are actually an alternate method to full-scale wars like the ones outside to solve inter-tribe disputes. Of course, since only the best among the best at the task are chosen, this leads to inflated egos. These in turn feed the Colosseum with negative energy, making the contestants stronger, generating more ego, etc.

[/spoiler]

Within One on One Contests Zone there was a small, dusty library, which seemed unattended. Upon entering I learned of the third sub-Zone in this place, this one more fitting of the title than One on One Contests.

[spoiler=Finished Contests]

This is probably the place which depressed me most about Card Contests Zone. And I did not even set foot on it. Finished Contests Zone is a graveyard, perhaps taking up one fifth of the total area of Card Contests, where those defeated in the fields of battle are remembered.

There is not, of course, a single body buried within this graveyard; simply because any digimon killed by normal means will just turn back into an egg. The purpose of this place is to remember and honour the sacrifice of those who gave up their memories and, uh, "progress" to help their tribes.

As a graveyard, Finished Contests Zone is stuffed with Ghost-type Digimon, and is ruled by a Phantomon which no digimon has actually seen but all firmly believe in. It is widely believed, the book says; that Raremon frequent this place as well, casually hiding inside of the empty grave lots, awaiting for prey.
[/spoiler]

-B.B.
[/spoiler][spoiler=Creative Writing]

Location: part of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Sextant, but distinct from its neighbouring zones, Your Deck and TCG

The Creative Writing Zone (Hereafter the CW Zone) is a massive column of water that appears, at first blush, to be a large stone bowl containing water and a few small islands floating atop. The temperature is fairly balmy, with a climate hospitable to palm trees and resort-like island areas. Data Flow from human creativity shapes these islands, from which various digimon tend to put on amateur and professional stage shows; as such, the CW Zone identifies itself as one of the last centers and holdovers of Digimon Culture. The Kabukimon Chinese Theatre, in particular, is one of the longest-running and oldest institutions, having seen acting stars from across the dimensions over the years, collecting their handprints in the Cement Sand left around it.

Smaller islands form quite frequently atop the waters, but are usually preyed upon by wild Crabmon for their raw data. In this cases, the loose data falling from the crumbling islands is absorbed by the water and compacted to a ludicrous degree as it descends; a side effect of this compression is that timespace experiences a minor breakdown that builds the farther one sinks downward in the CW Zone, which does not appear to have a bottom. While the zone only appears to be a few hundred fathoms deep when observed from the side, it is deeper on the inside; objects sink until they are eventually worn away by the timespace pressure inflicted on them, or destroyed by the digital water itself.

As a side effect of the massive pressure experienced as data sinks deep into the ground, particularly powerful bits of code and data that manage to get caught on a wall or retain buoyancy at a certain point tend to be kept in a stasis and do not degenerate any further; this can lead to surprising secrets as one descends, such as half of a powerful Piratemon's treasure ship being stuck in the pressure itself, or a trove of treasure existing off to one side of a natural cave. Likewise, however, digimon who can survive at these particular depths are monstrously strong and experience a natural mutation known as Deep-Data Gigantism, granting them superior size over shallower-dwelling digimon. Particularly dangerous are the Dagomon, which lurk just out of sight in the deepest areas of the Ocean, where light fades to zero; their true sizes are unknown, due to rarely leaving their dark shelter, but are estimated to be truly gigantic.

While I was unable to substantiate such rumours, there are whispers that in the deepest, darkest pit of the Zone, where the pressure is enough to crush even a mega to dust and the data finally settles onto a seabed of distorted dimension, the Demon Lord Leviamon makes his den, breathing out data in the form of Anima and encouraging the growth of everything above him; theories dictate that the constant growth of new islands is due to the data Leviamon releases through this.

SubZone: The Role Playing Zone

A dominion of the CR Zone, the RP Zone is a set of labyrinthine tunnels that run from the largest island deep down into the depths of the rest of the zone. Affected more poignantly by the warping around them, what appears to be a very simple maze of tunnels is anything but- without a strong mind, one will find themselves constantly walking away from the depths.

The RP Zone is at the direct core of the CR Zone, and is the focal point for the most conflicting data- resulting in a spiderlike web of pathways that all end to some destination or another. Pressure collects slower in the RP Zone, rending more of the artifacts that tumble into it useable; as such, powerful treasure collects quite quickly for those to take. The RP Zone is not, primarily, flooded, and includes a large number of dry tunnels- because of this, they are a common haunt for bounty hunters, thieves and adventurers attempting to make a quick buck. Since the tunnels work by chaotic theory and seem to break the laws of physics more clearly as they get deeper, they can accommodate a truly ridiculous number of secret bases and fortresses without anyone every coming across eachother; indeed, every gang of Piratemon in existence keeps hold somewhere in their depths, without ever stumbling across one of their fellows' camps.

Unlike the CR Zone, the RP Zone has a very definite final floor where there is nowhere else to go except back up; this final area is a massive pit known as the Out Of Character Planning Zone, and is the one spot in the RP Zone that is filled with water. The OOCP Zone is a massive basin with thousands of holes reaching into various spots in the RP Zone, where objects or unlucky digimon who tumble through are caught by a massive whirlpool, crushed under the force of a ridiculous amount of water, and flushed back into the depths of the CW Zone, too deep for any recovery to be possible.

While the current of the OOCP Zone is incredibly powerful, it is possible to resist it. A small network of islands, upheld by a local cabal of Marine Angemon, build large structures that lead into various parts of the RP Zone. By paying a small nominal fee, people are free to use the OOCP Zone as a sort of directory to various sections of the RP Zone, which change quickly. This direction is an invaluable help to navigators of the RP Zone, especially since it prevents them from being killed by the Whirlpool.

In Summation, the CW Zone is one of the largest and most dangerous Zones, but also potentially the most rewarding. The immense pressure of the waste data polishes the intact data into a state where it simply shines.
[/spoiler][spoiler=TCG]

.:This report concerns a specific Zone of DigiQuartz, located in the Yu-Gi-Oh! sexant:.

The TCG Zone, which for my amusement and to fill an empty acronym have called Treacherous Chrome Gear Zone, is a spherical labyrinth centered around a shifting sphere of gravity, attracting any bypassers towards it with a medium to potent pull.

This Zone feeds off human's pride and arrogance to breed new Digimon, deep down at its core.

Due to the immense amount of poorly-organized data that composes this Zone, and due to the constant addition of said information into countless new sectors every day, searching for a hunting target can prove to be incredibly difficult for most.

Those with an experienced eye, and knowledge of the origin of this information however, can see through the tricky maze and locate a prey in an unfairly short time.

Several humans, who inhabit this Zone permanently, supply the core of the maze with different levels of arrogance. This leads gravity to shift at different times, sometimes progressively (thus allowing zero gravity for a certain period of time), sometimes abruptly.

This Zone is deeply tied to a different Zone in the same Quadrant, Your Deck.

In this zone can be found the same kind of data found in TCG, save for the fact that it is neatly organized and compressed into different blocks of Data. Whereas finding a specific target dwelling in this Zone which proves to be immensely bigger than TCG is harder, this place can be used to gather general information on the target's nature.

Finally, Digimon to be found in this Section have yet to be recorded. After all, I'd have hunted them had I encountered any.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Literature]The Literature area of the DigiQuartz is filled with intellectual Digimon, the majority of whom are Agumon Hakase. As expected, this area is filled with libraries, and many other places to learn and read books in. There are many schools and universities, all with massive libraries with shelves brimming with as many books as you physically fit in the shelf. 

Most of the Digimon in this area are Rookies or In-Trainings, as the higher level Digimon prefer/have to hunt for food, fight enemies, and just generally destroy everything around them. 
This would lead most people to the conclusion that this area could easily me overrun, and it would presumably also makes most people wonder as to why it hasn’t been yet. 

The reason for this, however, is simple; the most intelligent Digimon in this area are literally geniuses. The deans of all their universities are the most intelligent beings one could hope to find. And, although it may sound racist, all of them are Agumon Hakase. And these Agumon Hakase are truly brilliant strategists. They could hold of an attack on their area for weeks, without even breaking a sweat. Despite their inferior strength, they easily outclass any higher level Digimon that isn’t a Mega level.

-Claudiu

[/spoiler][spoiler=Video Games]

Location: Newly discovered zones of the Multimedia pentadrant, along with Music. Their other three neighboring zones are as of yet unknown.

Video Game Zone, which I now refer to as VG Zone, is unlike any I have ever seen. Originally I would've have found this zone to be like others, however my calculations were off. This zone is basically nothing but a lush grassy acre, nothing for miles and miles. It's one remarkable landmark, in the middle of this zone; is a spire, where I saw Digimon of all types gather.

There is only one entrance into the spire. This question puzzled me, but I soon enough found the true intention of this spire: a training game. Through what I gathered from my findings, I compiled the following data:

-If human and Digimon enter the spire, they are to be put to the test by different strong Digimon(affiliation with the Digimon Fighting Federation could neither be confirmed nor denied, however. Further investigation need be carried out).

-Would the challengers succeed, they go to the next level in the spire, where the fighters continue to get stronger.

-There are exactly 10 levels, with the tenth being the strongest one and the top of this VG Spire.

-If one wins against this spire and its challenges, a great prize awaits(but what it is, I have yet to figure out).

-If(or rather when) the challengers fail, they are ejected from the tower, put into a hospitalized state(Probably a week's time, depending on the height of the fall or each individual contestant's means to avoid it).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Music]

Location: Newly discovered zones of the Multimedia pentadrant, along with VG. Their other three neighboring zones are as of yet unknown.

Unlike VG Zone, Music Zone was a quite popular Digimon city, technology being a bit advanced from the other Digimon cities I had visited. And like in VG Zone, something in the middle of the city stood out to the eye: a huge concert hall.

I noted the fact that the only Digimon that were within this concert hall were those that had some attacks or relations to music and dance, though the lead Digimon within the hall was an easy one to figure out: Etemon. As humans and Digimon take the challenge within the hall, they must defeat several orchestrated Digimon before facing the conductor (Etemon), to try and end the small concerto he has begun. If he succeeds in finishing it, then he will take anything the human and Digimon hold as payment(Digi-Noir or Charges). Afterwards, they would be stuck in the hall being forced to listen to Etemon's music for exactly three days.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=General]

General is the first locale that I visited. The area itself is quite a curiosity, as it is its own little, microcosm if you will. Of the entire YCM area, it appears as a planetoid surrounded by an unusual blue atmosphere. Half the actual zone consists of the atmosphere, composed of… opinions. Though I use the term atmosphere, it’s used loosely. The air is so thick with opinion that you can physically swim through it, until you reach the boarders of the Other Zone. However, the thick layer of opinion tends to keep those who have a different opinion out. It’s very much like walking into a brick wall; by which I mean if you aren't a brick, you ain't a part of the wall.

Once (and if) you bypass the atmosphere, you find what General truly is: A wasteland. I am certain this area once contained life, but the atmosphere of opinion caused a greenhouse effect that killed all life there. Through research into the zone, I have come to learn that the atmosphere was caused by the once king of General, Hunter. This being was so full of hot air that he created the atmosphere, and further fueled it by his arrogance and egotism. Because of this, the inhabitants choked on his fumes, and as such, died out. (The term the inhabitants used was ‘Banned’.) All that was left was pitch grey soil.

Eventually new settlers came to this zone, however, the damage was done. In order to safeguard their lives, they have to seek shelter in the C&O biomes before twenty-four hours are spent there. If they stay exposed to opinions too long, they will perish; or, though rare, they may mutate into terrible creatures known as Trolls. And sometimes, a different mutation may occur, resulting in the less effective Failtroll.

As for the DigiQuartz side, I have come to see only one species there. In a small part of the General zone is a place overloaded by misery. There lies a cult of unique Digimon, known as Sepukkumon. Sepukkumon are a unique type of Armour Digimon, that can spawn from any Digimon. Their unique digivolution spawns from the Digi-Egg of Depression. I know little of it, but from observation, I have seen that any Digimon who comes near the aura the DE spreads and is suffering from negative emotions will mutate into yet another Sepukkumon. I do not know how this affects humans, but, it's best we don't find out. Sepukkumon are docile from affar, but don't get too close, as they are needy, whiny and can blow up at slight provocation.

General, in all, is a wastelandish area that is rather inhospitable to most lifeforms.

~Hunter Broke. N & Professor Hakase

[spoiler=Games]

Games is a small part of the General biome. It exists beneath the Planetoid’s surface, in its own little dimension. The place is hellish to the serious, and can be quite disconcerting to the playful. The area is a mishmash of various different game-like places. Several hills can be seen, with people constantly trying to dominate it. Though why you’d want a hill is beyond me. There is also a cake shop in this area, containing an absurd amount of ponies.

I am getting rather dizzy trying to decipher this place, as it has little rhyme or reason. Basically, the land spits out whatever is considered fun, even if it completely stupid or asinine. To focus, I decided to observe Digimon. This area tends to attract Digimon types that have a general malaise to their minds, or just like fun. ToyAgumon are quite commonly found there, leaching… snrk, ‘ideas’ off those in the real world. I think I caught sight of a Puppetmon, which I actively avoided. The last thing I want to do is battle a mega type without Hakase with me. There are also various machine types too, but I don’t feel like being specific. The place is one big headache of saccharine insanity.

~Hunter Broke. N[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Polls & Debates]

GOOD GOD! I may be a mon of science, but this is a little too much for me. Whilst my colleague explored Games, I decided to explore Polls & Debates. I hoped to find intelligence and sophistication, instead, I found poll after pool of pointlessness. What matter is it which anime character is best? Who cares about childish video games? I do not understand this mindlessness.

The Poll & Debate area is a zone that appears super-imposed onto the Planetoid. There is a clear dichotomy from typical General soil & Polls soil. At the gridline, the dead gray dirt vanishes, and it is replaced by lush green turfs of grass. For what little there is though. There are debate halls everywhere in this place. There are so many that they are a mere ten feet apart from each other. Despite the fact this is where the opinion is most thick, nothing appears to die. Rather, it’s almost as if the inhabitants LIVE on opinion, or perhaps the negative side-effects are averted by the inhabitants believing that their opinion matters. The sun never sets here either, it is always a bright clear day. There are no clouds, there is no night. Only opinion.

Digimon that exist here are typically of a minded sort; so only the most egotistical, self-absorbed Digimon live here. Well, not only, as those with high mental faculties are also here, having debates as well. I even caught sight of my rival, NiseAgumon. I avoided him, as I didn’t like wasting eight hours of my life arguing with his fallacies.

Polls & Debates ended up rather pointless, as people only really go there in order to believe their opinions matters.

~Professor Hakase

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Clubs & Organizations]

The C&O area takes up almost half of the General Zone. It too is a wasteland, but with one clear difference. Littered across this part of the world are enormous blue semi-spheres, known as barriers. Within each of these barriers are even smaller biomes, containing the settlers who moved there from the polluted General sector. Each biome (known as Clubs in General language) tends to possess its own theme, including the ruins of the DigiQuartz HQ we now inhabit.

These barriers are very permeable, allowing organic squishy people to move through them with ease. The only thing that gets blocked by the barriers is the negative effects of the opinion atmosphere, allowing safety from death or trollism. However, many of these biomes are in some form of decay, from recent, to very advanced. It appears that despite the safety they provide, these clubs tend to get abandoned as the settlers get bored with the club and then move on. Most settlers live in up to three clubs at once, some have been known to live in up to eight different clubs.

Digimon species here are varied. Due to the vast amount of biomes, practically all Digimon species can live here. You just need to know where to look. Other than that, it’s basically the most hospitable place in the entire General Planetoid.

~Hunter Broke. N & Professor Hakase[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Introductions]

Location: Dead-Center of the Other Sexant. Closest neighbor to the General planetoid.

The Introduction District (hereafter referred to as the ID, and previously known as Dame Square) is a relatively small area compared to some of the more populous zones in the YCMQuartz. However, it is still a fairly large land mass in itself. The ID's climate suits its purpose quite nicely; unlike the other zones in YCM, the weather is fairly mild, with no recorded changes in temperature or season, making it the perfect location for new hunters to enter the YCMQuartz and find a partner. This somewhat-safe environment is free of the more wild, powerful, and inherently destructive Digimon, and is populated rather by lower-level Digimon attempting to avoid any threats or seeking allies. The ID is surprisingly run-down for a prime welcoming-spot. It's scenery is nothing to brag about, and the area is littered with the remains of what seems to be an ancient city. All that remains now, however, are the tall, looming, crumbling buildings that provide shelter to humans and Digimon alike, the fallen over barely-functional lamp posts, and the damp moss that grows haphazardly all across the semi-ruined district.

This is the Zone in which eager hunters hoping to form a bond with a partner start their journey. It is here that they begin the hunt for a powerful ally that will battle alongside them towards their ultimate goal; perhaps a glorious dream of fame and fortune, or a perverse desire to rule with an iron fist over all. No matter their reason for coming, nor their methodology, new recruits from all parts of the world can be found making temporary bases here while adjusting to their new lives. They all stay towards the center, as that is where new hunters are appointed and find the most safety. Towards the outer edges, the conditions begin to change, almost as if the world were revealing the trials that lay ahead. In accordance with this trend, the Digimon on the outer rim are stronger than those that burrow towards the middle ring, guarding all entrance and exit to the ID.

-Hunter Haiji
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hunt Noticeboard]
I WILL remind you that the Primary Riddles ONLY specify Location, specifically any thread or sub-forum in YCM.

[spoiler=Primary Mission]
I am the sole inhabitant of this desolate landscape. Of unnatractive nature, not bold enough. The darkness is absolute, the surroundings, a mystery. No Mon has ever made it here and back. Until now. Most are afraid of change. But are you?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Secondary Mission]
A Statue takes refuge here, away from the hot wars raging on the outside. However in here, sparring is in no way less brutal. Ranked fighters locked in strife against one another, in a struggle for the top. Can you find it?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Partner Riddles]Oh, hi there honey! I KNOW you're delighted to see me too! It's been long since you last stung me with your presence. I'm not that smart, but I've Veen expecting you. Who am I?

Cyborgs in the Deep! It IS possible! Some say I'm a bit slow, but I assure you as soon as I hit the water it's almost a mouseover till it's over! Who am I, then?

Old as the mightiest of dragons! I come from the early islands, where one of my kin was revered as a god! I came before most of you, know your place! A cross against my body was held, and I used it! Who am I?

-Ryudamon
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Members of the Revolution]
[spoiler=Broke. N]

Partner: Professor Hakase

zy5xfr.gif20st0dw.gif
Themesong: "Carol of the N."

.:Agumon Hakase:.
6/10

HP: 113/113
SP: 100/100
Str: 23
End: 9
Sta: 2
Agi: 2
Just: 0

[spoiler=Xros Loader]

[spoiler='Xros-Up Digimon']Calumon (Calumon): Shining Evolution. Evolves to the next stage for 1 turn. Can only be used when HP is below 50% of total HP. Calumon is forcefully De-Xrossed after usage. Calumon must stay unXrossed for 10 of the user's turns to be used again.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Tech Library'][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Cinnamon]

Partner: Piyo

9r7i38.gifBiyomon.gif

.:Biyomon:.
0/10
HP: 103/103
Str: 16
End: 7
Sta: 3
Just: 11

[spoiler=Xros Loader]
DigiNoir x3
[spoiler='Xros-Up Digimon']Your actual target (Patamon): Agi of the Xrossed Digimon becomes 4.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Gar]

Partner: Flamemon

2j2spy8.gifFlamemon.gif

.:Flamemon:.
0/10
HP: 96/96
Str: 13
End: 8
Agi: 4
Sta: 4

[spoiler=Xros Loader]
DigiNoir x3
[spoiler='Xros-Up Digimon']Bearmon (Bearmon): Str of the Xrossed Digimon increased by 5.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Thunder]

Partner: Elecmon

2cy5pxf.gifElecmon.gif

Themesong: "I'm the Main Character!"

.:Elecmon:.
2/10
HP: 109/109
Str: 17
End: 1
Agi: 4
Sta: 1
Just: 11

[spoiler=Xros Loader]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Zero]

Partner: Tapirmon

35n7jeu.gif038Bakumon.gif
.:Tapirmon:.
0/10
HP: 111/111
Str: 17
End: 5
Agi: 3
Sta: 5

[spoiler=Xros Loader]
DigiNoir x1

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Agro]

Partner: Commandramon

28rp30k.gifCommandramon.gif
.:Commandramon:.
0/10
HP: 106/106
Str: 25
End: 5
Agi: 1
Sta: 3

[spoiler=Xros Loader]
DigiNoir x1

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Eddy]

Partner: Gazi

30rwsuv.gifGazimon_Sprite_by_Wooded_Wolf.png
.:Gazimon:.
2/10
HP: 96/96
Str: 22
End: 11

[spoiler=Xros Loader]
DigiNoir x3
[spoiler='Xros-Up Digimon']Gargoylemon (Gargoylemon): +14 HP; attacks deal x2 damage to Nightmare Soldiers.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Roxas]

Partner: Gale

aucjlc.pngGuilmon.gif
Themesong: "(Second shot at being) a Hero"

.:Guilmon:.
3/10
HP: 100/100
Str: 26
End: 2
Sta: 5

[spoiler=Xros Loader]
DigiNoir x1

[spoiler='Xros-Up Digimon']Drimogemon (Drimogemon): Attacks ignore End. Sta reduced by 1 at the end of every turn. When Sta becomes 0, Drimogemon is forcefully De-Xrossed.

Tylomon (Tylomon): End of the Xrossed Digimon increased by 3. Mov of the Xrossed Digimon is doubled in water terrain.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Sonic]

Partner: Hao

11sjuk2.png1zdyn39.gif

Themesong: "Hunter's Digi, Partner's Xros"
.:Shamanmon:.
0/10
HP: 121/121
Str: 18
End: 2

[spoiler=Xros Loader]
DigiNoir x4
Essence of Noir x2
[spoiler='Xros-Up Digimon']Grimmlock (Allomon): Feral instinct; End of the Xrossed Digimon increased by 4.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=BB]

Partner: Yakuzamon

110f7es.gifed8c2db9a8b775cb0951f7eae86dbc90-d4qy7lj
Themesong: "Chained Bastard"

.:Impmon:.
4/10
HP: 135/135
End: 6

[spoiler=Xros Loader]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Xros-Up Digimon']The Doctor (NiseAgumon Hakase): SP of the Xrossed digimon increased by 20.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Knight-tou]

Partner: Penguinmon

2hobfy1.pngPenguinmon.gif
.:Penguinmon:.
0/10
HP: 105/105
End: 6

[spoiler=Xros Loader]
DigiNoir x3
[spoiler='Xros-Up Digimon']Candlemon (Candlemon): Attacks inflict burn damage.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Haiji]

Partner: Ryudamon

15q66hx.gifRyudamon.gif
.:Ryudamon:.
3/10
HP: 112/112
Str: 30
End: 4

[spoiler=Xros Loader]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Members Under Probation]
-Claudiu
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='DigiQuartz Thread Portal']

Machinedramon_vg.gif

7h353 4r3 p0r7415 which wi11 r3m4in 0p3n 47 4ll 7im35 f0r c0nv3ni3nc3. 573p in 0r g37 0u7 0f h3r3.

Special Mission! That Horrible Christmas Spirit!

DigiQuartz - A peek into the Past!
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Want a Sprite?]

Follow the link(s) and get the Sprite of your Partner.

http://withthewill.n...p?topic=10659.0

http://withthewill.n...p?topic=14512.0

http://s971.photobuc...ites/?start=all

http://s304.photobuc...ites/?start=all[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Want to Affiliate?]
You must pm me with this completed questionnaire

1. Why do you want to affiliate?
2. What is your club about?
3. Give me one damn good reason as to why we should affilaite with you.
4. Give me a link to your club.[/spoiler]

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And so a new torch passes, from Master to Student.

Hunter Name : [font=courier new, courier, monospace][color=#000080]Broke. N[/color][/font]

Desired Partner: Agumon Hakase

[img]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn193/chaosdragonlord/Sprites/ProfessorAgumon_Sprite.gif[/img]
[font=courier new, courier, monospace][color=#ff8c00]Good Day ^o^[/color][color=#000080] Oi vei[/color][/font]

Xros Loader Colour: Navy Blue w/ Gold trim

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346358454' post='6016205']
oh god, I loved reading those <3

Hunter Name (The alias your character will go by): Cinnamon? dunno, it just sounds Digimon-ish

Desired Partner: [s]Arkadimon[/s] I don't remember much about Digimon, someone pick for me?

Xros Loader Colour: hot pink
[/quote]

Hello, my name is Mugendramon. Not only does it SOUND digimon-ish, it's an ACTUAL digimon. xD

Well, credit for the CW section goes to Hydra, who wrote it back in the original club.

I think I'll get you a Biyomon. If you don't like her, you can always change.

Hunter Name (The alias your character will go by): Gar

Desired Partner: Flamemon

[img]http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae193/DigitalDestinyClan/Digimon%20and%20Icon%20Sprites/Flamemon.gif[/img]

Xros Loader Colour: Black

Didn't join the first, so why not.

Hi Mugendramon. Nice to see this finally started. Is it okay if I join as a new member? If it is, here's my application:
Hunter Name (The alias your character will go by): Thunder
Desired Partner: Elecmon
Xros Loader Colour: Blue with Gold trim and middle button.

Oh and by the way, in case you're worried that I'm going to be annoying like before, I won't be. I promise =)

[img]http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/892/tek50040bea63a8b3595110.png[/img]
[quote name='GM'][font=courier new,courier,monospace][color=#808080]Hello, recruits! This is probably my first time talking to you in person, is it not? Oh, don't bother answering, it's not like any of you gets to talk right now. As you know, or don't; this club you walked into not long ago will be hosting a Digimon Hunt, which is to take place here, in the YCM DigiQuartz.[/color][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][color=#808080]But, I have no way to tell how apt you all are for this task. As you might imagine, or if you actually cared to read the information I managed to salvage from the building, this task will imply that you take on the [i]role[/i] of a Digimon Hunter, and that you [i]play[/i] it to its fullest extent. Those Loaders I handed in to you aren't just for show, you know![/color][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][color=#808080]*chuckles* Oh, actually; they are right now, which is what I was trying to get at, if you would please stop interrupting me. The Clock Maker refuses to make them work, unless you prove your might as... what I might as well call, for simplicity, Roleplayers.[/color][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][color=#808080]AS SUCH! I have managed to rebuild, with Machinedramon's help and data, the Club Access Portal. But I have made... Modifications. It can now transport you to any section of DigiQuartz! And it is with this Portal's help, that you will make your first trip out of this place, and into the Creative Writing Zone! You will visit a cave in this place, within the Roleplaying Zone. But for that, you will first need to make your way to the huge Whirpool that is the Out of Character Planning Zone.[/color][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][color=#808080]Machinedramon, if you please?[/color][/font][/quote]

[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100612055547/digimon/images/3/35/Machinedramon_vg.gif[/img]

[quote name='Machinedramon'][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=5][url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/288953-digimon-digital-restitutions-ooc-not-started-accepting/"][color=#696969]oPeNiNG PoRtaL[/color][/url][/size][/font].[/quote]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hunter Name (The alias your character will go by): Zero[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Desired Partner: Tapirmon[/size][/font][/color]
[img]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af96/WtWAnimatedSprites/Child/038Bakumon.gif[/img]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Xros Loader Colour: Brown[/size][/font][/color]

So glad that there's still a Digimon club for me to come back to whenever I disappear.

[quote name='//Zeromaru//' timestamp='1346515561' post='6017287']
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hunter Name (The alias your character will go by): Zero[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Desired Partner: Tapirmon[/size][/font][/color]
[img]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af96/WtWAnimatedSprites/Child/038Bakumon.gif[/img]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Xros Loader Colour: Brown[/size][/font][/color]

So glad that there's still a Digimon club for me to come back to whenever I disappear.
[/quote]

Accepted~

Well, given that we have enough members, this place should have an actual conversation topic.

So let's begin with an uncommon one; Digimon Frontier.

Digimon Frontier is the 4th Digimon TV series, first broadcast in 2002. After prompted to do so by unusual phone messages, five children go to a subway station and take a train to the Digital World. There, they meet Bokomon and Neemon, who act as their guides and tell the children that the DigiWorld is being destroyed, and the children must fight the evil Cherubimon and his Legendary Warrior servants in order to save the world.

-----

This show, by the opinion of many, was a grand failure of an anime. Previous examples of failures, like Adventure 02, don't share too many characteristics with it. So my question is simple, what is it that made this show suck so much?

Because it changed the system, as the kids WERE the Digimon entirely, without actual partners.

Basically, people hate it because it was different and defered from the usual path; hence why oldfags have such animosity towards XW, because they just can't appreciate the function of Xrossing because it's NOT Digivolution.

Well, as Broken has just said, many people disliked the children not having partners (I did at first), even though the whole point of that was that the children actually did something, rather than just screaming "Digivolve!!!" and then letting their digi-partners do all the work. I think that although the idea was a very creative and "far-out" concept for the series, it didn't keep the series fresh as the animators thought it would. Mainly, because it was just too abrupt a change. I personally quite like the series, but I know it has many flaws. Like how they changed the main concept of the series without any warning. Also, the protagonists had a bit [i]too much [/i]character development, in my opinion. I may be wrong about that, but I feel that they concentrated on the Digidestined a lot more than in previous series, presumably to make up for them not having partners.

[quote name='Thundervlux' timestamp='1346594939' post='6017831']
Well, as Broken has just said, many people disliked the children not having partners (I did at first), even though the whole point of that was that the children actually did something, rather than just screaming "Digivolve!!!" and then letting their digi-partners do all the work. I think that although the idea was a very creative and "far-out" concept for the series, it didn't keep the series fresh as the animators thought it would. Mainly, because it was just too abrupt a change. I personally quite like the series, but I know it has many flaws. Like how they changed the main concept of the series without any warning. Also, the protagonists had a bit [i]too much [/i]character development, in my opinion. I may be wrong about that, but I feel that they concentrated on the Digidestined a lot more than in previous series, presumably to make up for them not having partners.
[/quote]

Well, it's strange that you mention it, because unless you're being sarcastic, you're completely wrong.

Frontier tried to go back to Adventure 01, introducing a larger number of Chosen Children. This backfired, as the show got very repetitive. They had to spend an episode getting each of the children their spirits, thus introducing a turn villain per week. Much like Hunters.

This created a lack of interesting content, among which character development is listed. They actually never got much development, aside from the two brothers and Takuya. And even then, all of them were pretty two-dimensional. Same happened with Cherubymon's warriors, they never had any proper development. They just appeared and were killed.

By the end of the show, we knew that JP was a bully, Zoe was italian, Tommy had a nasty older brother, Koji had no friends, his brother died, and Takuya I don't even remember what. But that was it.

tl;dr, too many characters and too little development.

Archived