[LOCK PLEASE] Tournament of Legends [POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE]

Ren✧

2v0nztw.jpg

[PKMN] Tournament of Legends

A Pokemon RP

Hosted & Co-Hosted by: ~Renegade~ & Chaos Sonic

i69f12.png

I...believe we've finally done it. After several failed attempts, the professors and I, along with a vast team of medical experts, have perfected a vaccine to the 'PokeX Virus'. As it stands we believe we can mass produce the vaccine and have it distributed world wide in about a month. It is uncertain whether or not the vaccine will work as a cure for already infected specimens, but it is doubtful. I will continue my work to discover a cure for the viral plague that still infects the majority of wild Pokemon. I can only hope that I can one day atone for my sins. I'll tell you this though, it is a miracle that the members of Team Rocket were the first to be infected. Nothing would have stopped them had Giovanni been able to weaponize this virus.

-Dr. Namba, Former Lead Scientist of the Team Rocket Organization 

[spoiler=Rules]

1. All applicable YCM rules(esp. the Advanced Clause) applies, no exceptions.

2. Be courteous, kind, and constructive in all your interactions with the other RP members

3. No godmodding, powerplaying, metagaming or anything of that nature...exceptions will be made in certain circumstances

4. Note that I am the host of this RP and what I say goes. I reserve the right to take control of characters to advance the plot, if need be, as well as ask you to remove/edit any IC post, or OOC post for that matter, that I deem problematic and/or disrespectful.

5. Should I elect to appoint a Co-Host(s) they too will carry the word of God. Crossing them means crossing me.

6. While I do advocate for sub-plots, please do not undermine or impede any major plot device currently in play.

7. Participants will be limited to a maximum of 4 players to start. Note: Each participant will only be allowed 1 Guardian Character at the start of the RP. As the RP progresses, you may request additional characters.

8. Mega Evolution is allowed in the RP, but each player is only allowed to possess 1 Mega Stone, so choose wisely.

9. Reserves for Legendaries will be accepted. However, note that if there is not at least a WIP application up within three days of the reserve being noted, your reservation is considered null and anyone is free to grab your Legendary. First come, first served people.

10. I reserve the right to add/edit/delete any rules as I see fit.

Upon submitting an application you are agreeing to these terms and conditions

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Plot]

The world of Pokemon has changed a lot. Hit with a massive plague, followed by a natural disaster on a global scale the world is just now getting back on its feet after one hundred and fifty years of chaos and strife. I'm getting a little ahead of myself though. I suppose I should start where it all began:

Before The Merge and The Great Spread, there was an organization known as Team Rocket. A criminal organization, primarily concerned with the capture and exploitation of rare Pokemon, that found root in the Kanto and Johto regions. Headed by the mobster Giovanni, Team Rocket was looking to expand to all corners of the globe.

In order to achieve this goal, Team Rocket turned towards science. Their first breakthrough was the creation of the genetically superior Pokemon, Mewtwo. Crafted from the DNA of the ancestral Pokemon, Mew, Mewtwo's power was nearly unrivaled. Fortunately, Team Rocket could not control Mewtwo and their ultimate weapon escaped. This brought them back to the drawing board.

There were several minor breakthroughs, but none that rivaled the status of the ultimate creation. That is, until a scientist by the name of Dr. Namba began experimenting with a mutualistic virus known as Pokerus. While beneficial to both host and virus in its natural state, Dr. Namba's experimentation took a terrible turn.

The virus began to mutate on its own, suddenly insanely driven to further its spread. Pokemon infected with this newest strain of Pokerus, since named the PokeX Virus became incredibly savage. Attacking other Pokemon and humans alike, the viral plague that swept across the globe faster than any other that had been witnessed in all of history.

Dr. Namba, guilt ridden with what he had created, worked effortlessly to create a vaccine and cure for the fatal virus. While he and a few others turned to science, others turned to the might of Legendary Pokemon. Criminal organizations began to seek out their patron deities with new vigor, each believing that their chosen god could save humanity. The first to achieve their goal was Team Magma.

Getting a hold of the Red Orb and fighting their way to Groudon's resting chamber, they recklessly tried to control the land-based Pokemon. Enraged by their attempts, Groudon let out a deafening roar that reached all corners of the globe. Suddenly, the world began to shift. Ash and screams alike filled the air as the very ground itself began to move and change. Volcanoes that had long since gone dormant erupted with a new fury. Tsunamis careened through the ocean, crashing mercilessly on the shore. Vicious storms born out of ash clouds ravaged the land.

Then, just as quickly as doomsday had started. It stopped. The quaking ceased. The eruptions halted. The storms died away. Slowly, the survivors emerged from their hiding places to see the light of day. However, the world that they had left while fleeing for safety was no more. The longer were the regions separate. They had collided together, forming the super region known as Totus, meaning 'whole'. 

The people had to face this new world. Lives had been lost. Monuments had been toppled. And cities had been destroyed. In just over a year the PokeX Virus had decimated over 40% of Pokemon population and nearly 30% of the human population. On top of that, it was impossible to fully calculate the damage that had been wrought by The Merge. So, for over 100 years the people of the Totus region worked to revive their glorious civilizations.

Their tears, sweat, blood, and lives have not been in vain. It seems that the PokeX Virus has been eliminated once and for all. The world is now peaceful. Villainous organizations like Team Rocket and Team Magma have melted away, practically destroying themselves in pursuit of their own foolish goals.

In order to celebrate this peace, a wealthy individual that the world only knows as [acronym='pronounced: Fate']Fayte [/acronym]is hosting a massive tournament. A tournament that would be held for Pokemon trainers across the world. The tournament would signify the bonds between the two races, the bonds that held them together through all the strife that they have now so gloriously emerged. This tournament would be better than any other. It had to be better. It had to be bigger. It had to be legendary.

~~~

Since the events of The Merge, the people of the Totus region have been largely wary of legendary Pokemon. In fact, for a long amount of time a group of people known as Legend Hunters began a quest to cause the extinction of all legendary Pokemon. They believed them too powerful and unpredictable to coexist with the human race. Fortunately, the majority of this sentiment has died out over the last hundred years, but the Legendary Pokemon have taken precautions.

The Legendary Pokemon have each chosen a human guardian. A savior. They were chosen to defend the Legendary Pokemon against any threats the human race may make against them. A large number of Guardians are gathered at this Tournament of Legends. Perhaps it is coincidence. Or perhaps it is fate. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Database]

Tournament of Legends: The Tournament of Legends is the largest Pokemon tournament ever hosted. The Preliminary Rounds were held all across the Totus Region. Now advancing into the Elimination Rounds of the tournament, participants travel to Archanum Island, found conveniently, or perhaps someone clichely in Archanum Lake, the very center of the Totus Region. The result of each battle in the Elimination Round determines who will advance farther and who will be dropped from the bracket. Each battle will be held on a specialized field, for example an entire field made out of ice or a field solely consisting of flying platforms. Trainers must adapt their strategies to match the field they are battling on.

Archanum Island: Archanum Island is located roughly in the very center of the Totus Region. Owned entirely by the mysterious figure, Fayte, it much like a kingdom under his reign. Archanum Island is a place of mystery and wonder. Located at the center of Archanum Lake, Archanum Island is home to a lot of semi-aquatic Pokemon(i.e Ludicolo, Surskit, and Marshstomp). Closer to the center of the island is a city, simply titled Archanum. In the city a few wild Pokemon, such Poochyena and Ratatata, can be found.

Across the island there are four known caves that act as entrances to a maze of ancient ruins beneath the island. Due to their confusing nature, the ruins are off limits to the public for fear of getting lost in the network. Each entrance to the ruin is marked with a depiction of four strange beings. They are believed to be ancient Pokemon, but there has been no actual discovery that gives evidence to their existence.

In addition, there is a rumor that Archanum Lake is the habitat of the three Legendary Lake Pokemon. It is said that should the island ever come under threat that the patron Legendaries will rise up to defend it. There has been no conclusive evidence found about the existence of the Legendary Pokemon in the lake, but the people of Archanum firmly believe in the legend and as such have constructed monuments located at triangular parts of the island that each depict one of the Legendary Lake Pokemon.

Pokemon Guardian: or just Guardian, for short. The Guardians are humans chosen by the Legendary Pokemon to act as warriors on their behalf. The existence of these Guardians is not public knowledge as people are still largely afraid of Legendary Pokemon since The Merge. Part of these Guardians' job is to make sure their patron Legendary stays hidden away so as to not draw the attention of the few remaining Legend Hunters. Some Pokemon Guardians are granted with special gifts or powers that are reminiscent of their patron's abilities to aid in their duties.

Legend Hunters: The Legend Hunters were especially abundant directly after The Merge. Determined zealots, they hunted down Legendary Pokemon and slaughtered them in the name of preserving the human race. Fortunately, over the last century they have mostly died out. However, there are still a few dozen believers that strike fear into the hearts of most Legendary Pokemon.

The Merge: The region colliding event caused by Team Magma's attempt to control Groudon, resulting in the Totus Region.

The Great Spread: The spread of the PokeX Virus that resulted in the greatest loss of human and Pokemon life in recorded history.

PokeX Virus: A mutated strain of Pokerus, created by the Team Rocket scientist Dr. Namba. It is thought to have been eradicated and the last remaining sample of it destroyed.

Continue to check back for a more updated Database.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Application]

[Optional: head shot image of character]

[Optional: quote by your character]

Personal Information:

Name: First and last

Aliases/Nicknames: If applicable

[spoiler=Appearance]

[optional: image]

Even if an image is attached, please be sure to include text describing adjustments to the image, height, weight, and anything else that is not covered by the image. If no image is attached, please include a descriptive text no shorter than 4 lines.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

At least 6 lines

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

You do not need to go into detail as to how you caught each of your Pokemon, but please include basic background information, how you came into contact with your patron Legendary(if applicable), your motive for being a Legend Hunter(if applicable), etc, etc.

[/spoiler]

Combat Information:

Title: Guardian/Legend Hunter/Trainer

[spoiler=Pokemon]

The bare minimum of information that needs to be included can be found on this example. You are at most allowed to have 10 Pokemon, but only one may be a Legendary Pokemon(if applicable). Each Pokemon is only allowed 4 moves in its moveset. You are only allowed to have Mega Stone. In addition, you may only have up to three other equipped items. Note: You may have custom Mega Evolutions. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities/Powers/Weapons]

If applicable. Abilities and powers are, for the most part, only granted to Guardians by their patron Legendaries(this is completely optional as well). These powers and abilities are usually very low-key. You may include any weapons your character may carry, but remember that most people will not carry weapons(with the exception of Legend Hunters). Bottom line, don't go overboard(this applies to both weapons and powers)

[/spoiler]

Other Information: Include any information that does not fall into any of the above characters(i.e. Theme Music, Trivia)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Available Legendaries]

The compiled list are Legendaries that are still available to use as Patrons. 

*Cannot own the Legendary, they can still be your patron but they are not allowed to be a part of your team

Articuno

Moltres 

Zapdos

Mew

Mewtwo*

Entei [Reserved by Chaos Sonic]

Raikou [Reserved by Zai the Robot Guy]

Suicune

Lugia [Reserved by Zai the Robot Guy]

Ho-Oh

Celebi [Reserved by Duel Emperor]

Regice

Registeel

Regirock

Latias

Latios 

Groudon*

Kyogre*

Rayquaza*

Jirachi 

Deoxys [Reserved by scooterulez]

Azelf

Mesprit

Uxie

Dialga*

Palkia*

Giratina*

Cresselia

Darkrai [Reserved by Merciful Idiot]

Manaphy

Phione

Heatran

Regigigas

Shaymin

Arceus*

Victini [Reserved by Jolta]

Cobalion 

Terrakion [Reserved by Admiral_Stalfos19]

Virizion

Keldeo

Tornadus

Thundurus

Landorus

Reshiram*

Zekrom*

Kyurem*

Meloetta

Genesect

Xerneas

Yveltal

Zygarde

Diancie

[/spoiler]

[acronym='Under Construction']Click Here to get to the <Plot-Line Archive>[/acronym]

Click Here to get to the <Character Gallery>

[acronym='Under Construction']Click Here to get to the <IC Thread>[/acronym]

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took him in a different direction this time...

[spoiler= Kytes Silverstein]

2e1yao3.jpg

"If thats what it takes... then I'll be the bad guy. I'll shoulder the burden of darkness alone, so they don't have to!"

Personal Information:

Name: Kytes Silverstien 

Aliases/Nicknames: Golden Boy

[spoiler=Appearance]

chibi+anime+boy+9.jpg

Kytes is slightly short for his age, standing at 5 feet 8 inches. Though it may be hard to tell due to his baggy clothing, he is actually quite toned from all his time spent training to hunt legendary.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

To most Kytes is loner. He tends to avoid situations where he is forced to interact socially with others, and is prone to pushing away those who try to befriend him. Ironically though, he seems to always find himself in instances where he unknowingly forms bonds with people, and will later find out that he's made friends despite his conscious efforts not to. The time that he has spent training with his family has made him highly confrontational, and he is usually scolded by others for being overaggressive. Though he may find it extremely hard to trust other humans, he holds the few that he does trust in extremely high regard and will go to great lengths to assist them when they’re in trouble.

When it comes to pokemon, Kytes is almost a completely different person. Having been raised to consider them brothers in arms, he believes that they are by far more trust worthy then humans. While he still considers pokemon battling to be form of combat, he has grown adjusted to the idea of battling for fun, and now finds the “sport” to be quite enjoyable. His battle style is still very reminiscent to his family's, which means that he is extremely brutal in his tactics and will do almost anything to assure victory. Kytes's pokemon are also products of his days as a legend hunter, and are all extremely battle hungry.

He believes that the guardians should be united to stand against the hunters, and that protecting the other legendary Pokémon will serve as penance for his actions in the past. Though even with that being said, he himself takes on the mantle of lone wolf; deciding that he’d be better off supporting the others from the shadows. This is primarily because Kytes thinks that his hands have already been stained from what he’s done in the past, and that he should be the one to do the more unsavory work for his comrades.  

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Adopted into the Silverstein family at the age of three, Kytes has little to no memory of his real parents.  But honestly, he never really bothered asking about them, or why he had even been adopted in the first place...  Having been brought into a family of notorious Legend hunters, he had much greater concerns.  The Silverstein family trained Kytes to be a ruthless battler; instructing him in the arts of hunting Legendary Pokémon, as well their vast amount of savage battle techniques. To the Siliversteins Pokémon battles were not a sport, nor were they just for Pokémon. They were duels, where both the human and Pokémon’s lives were very much at risk.

Growing up with these teachings, Kytes developed a deep respect for his own Pokemon, while also fostering hatred for the Legends. He was told that they had abandoned the world, choosing to go into hiding instead of aiding humanity whilst in its time of need. Kytes honestly believed that the hunters were doing humanity a service, and did his best to become elite. It took thirteen long years, but at the age of sixteen he completed his training, and was ready for his first hunt.

Kytes was ordered to lead a small squad of hunter to what was once called the Kalos region, his target, Yveltal. After what felt like weeks of travel they finally discovered a small village that had sprung up in the ruins of the old Lumius city. Residents of this village claimed that their ancestors were saved by Yveltal during the great merge, and that they were now guarding the destruction pokemon as it laid in stasis. These people worshiped Yveltal as their patron god, and had even developed a peaceful religion around the beast. Conflicted, Kytes was unable to find it in himself to give his men orders to attack and ultimately called a retreat.

But it was too late. The other hunters had their target in site, and weren't going to let the opportunity go to waste. They attacked the villagers in cold blood, mercilessly killing them with animosity that Kytes had never thought his family capable of. Distraught, the boy turned on the other hunters in an attempt to save the surviving villagers. Unfortunately, though he and his pokemon fought valiantly, he was left as one of the only survivors. Surrounded and without options, a battered Kytes screamed out in desperation. It was he who had led the hunters to the village, and now the lives of the villagers, as well as his own were now forfeit.

Luckily the sleeping Yveltal seemed to heed the boys cries, suddenly awakening in an explosion of brilliant red light. The hunters had their life force absorbed by the legend, and Kytes was the only thing left alive when the light subsided. Now faced with the very thing that had brought him to the village, Kytes's heart was ravaged by conflict. Is this what all Legend hunters were really like? Was everything he was taught by his family lie? It was then that Kytes truly realized how very little he actually knew about the world...

Sensing the boy's guilt and confusion, Yveltal spoke to him. "Only after calamity can we be resurrected, boy. Will you be reborn today as my guardian? Or lay here and rot with your former self?"

Though hesitant at first Kytes accepted the Destruction Pokemons offer, thus becoming Yveltal's guardian. Now three years later, Kytes has come to the Tournament of Legends. Drawn there by a mysterious force, he has abandon his tittle as hunter, and decided that he will join forces with the other guardians. 

[/spoiler]

Combat Information:

Title: Legend Hunter Guardian

[spoiler=Pokemon]

1) Charizard: (Male/Blaz/Charzite X/ Outrage, flare blitz, Dragon Pulse, Blast burn)  

2) Ambipom: (Male/Technician/ iron Tail, Thunder punch, Bounce, Water pulse)

3) Lucario: (Male/Inner focus/ Aura sphere,Ice punch, Extreme speed, protect)

4) Galvantula: (Male/Compoundeyes/ Bug Buzz, electro web, thunder wave, sucker punch)

5) Carracosta: (Male/Solid Rock/ Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump, Giga impact, Iron defense)

6) Kirlia: (Female/synchronize/ Teleport, Double team, Healing pulse, Psychic)

7) Dusknoir: (Male/Pressure/ Shadow punch, fire punch, Will-O-Wisp,shadow ball)

8)Weavile: (Female/Pressure/ Brick Break, Metal claw, Blizzard, Screech) 

9) Noivern: (Female/Infiltrator/ Boomburst, Dragon pulse,Air slash, Focus blast)

10) Yveltal: (None/Dark aura/ Dark Pulse,Oblivion Wing,Phantom force, Hurricane) 

[/spoiler]

Combat skill: Since he could remember, Kytes was trained to fight side by side with his pokemon. That means he is highly adapt in close quarters combat against both humans and pokemon alike.

Butterfly Knife: Though he does prefer unarmed combat, Kytes does carry a six inch butterfly knife on his person.  

[/spoiler]

Other Information:

- Even though its against the law, Kytes carries all 10 of his pokemon with him at all times.

-Though he hates to admit it, he has soft spot for cute pokemon and will often times go out of his way to befriend them.

[/spoiler]

Character Gallery

Active Characters:

Below are a list of accepted applications whom are allowed to post in the IC Thread:

Maksim "Maks" Chmerkovskiy // ~Renegade~

Iori Takeda // Chaos Sonic

Andrei "Glass" Putski // Hi I'm Dad

Evangela "Sheila" Elias // Commentator Elly

Neos Rivetter // Talim Rave

Silver Yuja // ~British Soul~

Kytes Silverstein // The_Hollow

Erina "Erin" Moraneia // Duel Emperor

Inactive Characters:

Below are a list of accepted applications whom are currently unable to post in the IC Thread:

Important NPCs:

Below are a list of NPC characters that are deemed sufficiently important to be included on this list:

Fayte ~ Tournament Host

[spoiler=Post's Original Contents]

If we can't get our Patrons at first, are we allowed to acquire them later in the RP?

Doubtful. There may come a time where the Legendary comes to your aid, but they won't ever become part of your team.

Oh, so Team Magma is changed to Team Rocket~? Okay then.

I'll be playing Areo again, though probably not Gilgamesh. Reserving Darkrai.

Well, I mean Team Magma still went and caused The Merge because of Team Rocket's mistake. The big difference here is there is no Team Purity.

All reserves accepted! List will be updated momentarily

[/spoiler] 

I guess I'll reserve Victini then.

So, for those who can be used in teams, can we start without them, then obtain them later?

I suppose, although it seems mighty convenient that the Legendary would just so happen to be flitting around Archanum Island. Do take note that almost the entirety of the RP is going to happen there. 

Reserve accepted, the list will be updated momentarily. 

[spoiler=Maksim "Maks" Chmerkovskiy]

nmx7gp.png

"My name's Sid...I mean his name is Sid. I'm Maks."

Personal Information:

Name: Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Aliases/Nicknames: Maks / Lady's Man

[spoiler=Appearance]

2008xi.jpg

Maks is quite the tall individual, standing at 6'2". He has a healthy, semi-muscular build and weighs around 200lbs. He has a number of scratches and scars on his body from the regular life of an adventurer and Pokemon Trainer. In particular, Maks has a nasty scar on his left shoulder.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

Maks is quite the outdoors-man. Spending most of his time hiking, fishing, camping, etc, he has amassed quite the useful skill set as an adventurer and Pokemon Trainer. He is completely at home in the wilderness and probably gets along better with wild Pokemon than with people.

That isn't to say that he isn't friendly, because he is, it's just he is a bit shy and awkward around new people. He is particular anxious around women, suffering from a mild form of gynophobia. When in conversation with women he often blushes and becomes flustered, adopting a slight stutter and inability to look them in the eye. The only exception to this is during a Pokemon battle. He does not view his opponents as male or female, but simply as opponents, causing his anxiety to melt away. 

Maks doesn't particularly like to catch Pokemon, and will only do so if the Pokemon agrees to be his partner. He suffers from an acute form of claustrophobia, and as such couldn't possibly imagine confining a Pokemon to a cramped space such as a Pokeball against their will. Conversely, Maks loves Pokemon battles. He views them as the perfect representation of the bond between trainer and Pokemon. At the same time, he wouldn't make a Pokemon battle if they did not want to.

This amazing respect for Pokemon fosters an impressive relationship with his own team of Pokemon. They, in turn, respect and even idolize their trainer and would be willing to do most anything for him. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Maks' childhood was fairly uneventful. He went to school, got decent grades, and had a fair amount of friends. Sure, he was teased because of his gynophobia, but every child is teased about something. It wasn't as if it was a life altering event. At the age of 13, Maks received his first Pokemon, a Totodile. His parents, still thinking that 13 was much too young for a child to go off adventuring, kept him around the house. But that didn't deter Maks from training with Totodile. The two became the best of friends and explored the wilds around his house. It is through these short adventures that Maks met more of his Pokemon partners.

Finally, at the age of 16, Maks was allowed to start his Pokemon Journey. Saying good bye to his parents, Maks went to adventure across some of the wildest terrain in the Totus Region. He trained hard and met many new friends, but continued his adventures alone. These adventures led him to a peaceful grove hidden in a dense forest. It seemed that nothing lived in this tranquil retreat. He could not find a single Pokemon within it. For a week, Maks continued to travel back to this place. 

On the seventh day of his return, Maks heard movement and voices in the grove. Immediately suspicious, Maks quietly crept into the glade, not wanting to draw any attention. What he saw sent his heart leaping into his chest. Caught in a net on the ground was the most beautiful Pokemon he had ever laid eyes on and standing over it was a man with a rifle to its head. 

Maks immediately leapt into action, calling out his strongest Pokemon to protect the abused creature. This immediately started conflict with the Pokemon Hunter, whom he later found out to be a Legend Hunter, leading to the most brutal and dangerous Pokemon battle had ever experienced in his entire life. It was there that he received the vicious 'x' shaped scar on his shoulder. 

Fortunately, he was finally able to chase off the Legend Hunter and set free the captured Pokemon. Impressed by his prowess, the Pokemon began to speak with him. It revealed itself as the Legendary Pokemon Xerneas and asked if Maks would act as his Guardian. Maks readily agreed to do everything he could to protect the legendary fairy type.

Flash forward another two years and Maks has made it to the Elimination Rounds of the Tournament of Legends. He has protected Xerneas' secret so far and is constantly vigilant for anyone that may harm him or any other Legendary Pokemon. 

[/spoiler]

Combat Information:

Title: Guardian

[spoiler=Pokemon]

Totodile(Sid): (Male/Torrent/Red Scarf/ Bite, Water Gun, Aqua Tail, Scratch)

Scyther: (Male/Swarm/Metal Coat/ Sword Dance, X-Scissor, Night Slash, Air Slash)

Fraxure: (Female/Mold Breaker/ Dual Chop, Aerial Ace, Iron Tail, Dragon Pulse)

Talonflame: (Male/Various Berry/Flame Body/ Flame Charge, Natural Gift, Acrobatics, Brave Bird)

Barbaracle: (Male/Pickpocket/ Razor Slash, Skull Bash, Stone Edge, Earthquake)

Zebstrika: (Female/Lightningrod/ Ion Deluge, Shock Wave, Agility, Wild Charge)

Xerneas: ([acronym='For the sake of the RP, Xerneas will be treated as male']Genderless[/acronym]/Fairy Aura/Power Herb Misty Terrain, Moon Blast, Horn Leech, Geomancy)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Powers/Abilities/Weapons]

N/A

[/spoiler]

Other Information:

• Theme: TBA
  • Maks received a special permit to carry 7 Pokemon around with him on the stipulation that Sid cannot enter official Pokemon battles
  • Images of Maks are credited to dA user SNEEDHAM507
  • The nickname 'Lady's Man' is a poke of fun at Maks' mild gynophobia

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Erin"]

"Alright, Time Traveler, from now on you're part of my family"
Personal Information:
Name: Erina Moraneia
Aliases/Nicknames: Erin, Fairy Fortress's successor

[spoiler=Appearance]
LjDGEmx.jpg
Erin stands at 4'10, with a slim and petite body.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

Erin is a subservient, timid and slightly naive girl. She loves Pokemon, but she seems to don't like Pokemon battle, mainly because she hates to see Pokemon suffering, whether it's her own or others' Pokemon. It was believed that Erin was born where former Viridian Forest located. This gave her a weaker kind of power that anyone who were born there century ago was said to had. Although Erin cannot directly talk to Pokemon, she can senses their feelings and emotions as well as express her own to them easier than other people. It could be said that any Pokemon comes into contact with Erin will automatically feel safe and comfortable by Erin's warm hearted feeling toward them.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Erin was a daughter of trainer couple who were always traveled around Totus and were well known as "Fairy Fortress" as they used only 2 Pokemon, Aegislash and Sylveon, and yet they never let those two fainted even once. Erin's mom had the same birthplace as Erin, so she also possessed the power of Viridian Forest. Erin's parent always helped any injured or lost Pokemon, and there were many times that they brought the said Pokemon to their house where Erin stayed to cure them. This granted Erin an expert in Pokemon aid, the same level as those who worked at Pokemon Center, since she always helped her parents. 1 year ago, her parents left home normally, but after an entire month that they didn't come back and Erin knew something was wrong, she got a parcel containing the letter with her mom's handwriting and 3 Poke Balls, with 2 Ultra Balls she instantly noticed as her parent's only Pokemon, and the third one with a combination of colors she never have seen before, Gold and Silver. Erin picked up the letter, it was shortly written "That Pokemon is a time traveling Pokemon, Celebi. Take good care of it and our Pokemon for us".

Sensed the severe tragical emotion from her parent's Pokemon, Erin was really sad and shocked so that she couldn't do anything as she thought about her parent's current status without their only Pokemon. The one who helped Erin at that point was Celebi, who came out of the Ball with its own will, made Erin fond of it and respectively forgot her sorrow. Since then, Erin studied and trained herself to be a Pokemon Trainer that worth using her parent's Pokemon and Celebi. Erin's training was similar to how she was told by her parent, leaving her house and traveling around Totus.

Erin started her adventure with only 3 Pokemon, although with two of them had the best move, perfect combination and full experienced in battle, plus the ability Erin herself possessed, she never had any problem with wild Pokemon. Even though she knew nothing about Celebi being a Legendary Pokemon, she was able to assume that Time Traveling Pokemon is something rare and shouldn't be acknowledge by anyone if she want to avoid troubles, so she never used Celebi in public before. She later obtained Natu and Togepi individually, both of which were found injured and cured by Erin. Later, they didn't leave her when she let them go.

Somewhere deep inside her heart, Erin still don't give up on finding her parent, so when she heard about the tournament of legends that trainers around the world will participate and will be held 1 month later, Erin trained herself harder in order to face other trainers and successfully had her last 2 Pokemon evolved. And when there was only a week left, she caught her final Pokemon, Froakie, the first Pokemon that she actually caught using her own skill (and of course, a little bit of her power.)

[/spoiler]

Combat Information:
Title: Trainer, who appeared to be a Guardian without realizing it.

[spoiler=Pokemon]

Aegislash (Gill): (Male/Stance Change/Weakness Policy/Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon, Sacred Sword, King's Shield)
Sylveon (Nymph): (Female/Pixilate/Leftovers/Hyper Voice, Wish, Protect, Heal Bell)
Xatu: (Female/Synchronize/Psychic, Fly, Future Sight, Teleport)
Togetic: (Female/Hustle/Fairy Wind, Metronome, Safeguard, Encore)
Froakie: (Male/Torrent/Water Pulse, Quick Attack, Lick, Growl) (will definitely change them upon each evolution.)
Celebi: (None/Natural Cure/Future Sight, Recover, Leaf Storm, Healing Wish)

[/spoiler]

Erin can sense Pokemon's emotions and feelings and can make them acknowledged her own easier than other people, much like how people who were born at Viridian Forest before the Merge was said to had. And with Celebi in possession, any of her Pokemon's move that need some time to take effect (e.g. Wish, Future Sight, etc.) will take their effects with a drastically shorter time, literally in an instant for Celebi itself, even when Celebi is not in battle. This power requires Celebi's friendship and trust to be applied though.

[/spoiler]

Other Information:

N/A

[/spoiler]

Ahh, what the hell. Might as well throw up an app or two. Mind if I reserve Lugia and Raikou?

You can reserve the both no problem, but you can only have 1 Guardian, so you'll eventually have to choose between one or the other. Still, we are happy to have you :D

[spoiler=Andrei Putski (A.K.A. Glass)]

"Our voices will never be silenced!  NEVER!" -- Glass

Name: Andrei Putski

Aliases/Nicknames: Glass

[spoiler=Appearance]

Glass is an almost blatant standout.  His hair is cut short and spiky, but a very sharp blonde in color.  Standing at 6 feet, four inches, his eyes are black in color, and he has a very sharp chin.  On the right side of his face, on his right cheek, there is a tattoo of the sun, and it is surrounded by a flock of birds, in a fiery red sky.  He sports a heavy black trench coat, which he wears. . . . over his spy uniform, which is but a standard black suit with black tie.  His only notable difference are the red cuff links engraved with "of fire" on the left and "of heart" on the right.  Most of the time he wears pitch black sports shades, especially in the presence of his own reflection.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

Glass knows that he is a strong individual, and recognizes his own arrogance in turn.  But he also has a big heart.  For a number of years he has conspired against the government, but to no avail.  He found himself trapped between the Agency and the Local government.  That was until he discovered his first Pokemon.  It was then his burning passion for justice came to light.  Though he is still a member of the Agency, his heart is stronger and he has a much better chance to fight "the man".  He's a loving person, with two kids of his own.  He shares this love with his Pokemon as if they were also his children.  He is often selfish with his love, hesitant to let anyone heal or help them other than himself.  He does not own very many Pokemon, just shy of 100.  He has released most of his captures and the rest he has given to a Pokemon Hospital, in which Pokemon presence helps to aid in the recovery of children and adults alike, because of their unique connection to humans.  He visits the hospital on occasion, just because he loves to see people and Pokemon smile.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Hailing from Hoenn, Andrei is a proud individual.  He caught his first Pokemon on his 30th birthday, a Charmander.  It was a cold evening, and it had been raining heavily.  Returning from Post Duties, his team's vehicle had been run off the road by heavy rain and wind.  The vehicle flipped violently over the edge of a cliff side, and tumbled hundreds of feet to the ground.  Of his team of four, only he survived the accident.  Stumbling from the vehicle, he made his way into a nearby cave, where he would rest for the evening, huddled in the jackets and uniforms of his former comrades.  The next morning, he awoke to a warm fire near his face.  A Charmander's tail wagged, and occasionally it licked his face.  When he finally rose from slumber, the Pokemon hesitated, and had begun to back off.  But with caution, and gentle words, he urged the Pokemon to stay near him.  It was still dark, and the rain had yet to cease; allowing the Charmander to escape now would endanger it greatly.  Reluctantly, the Charmander stayed in the cave, not far from Andrei.  As the sun rose, Andrei chippered up, but Charmander did not.  It had exhausted itself taking care of Andrei, and was running a fever.  He rushed it to a Pokemon Center, where he had the Pokemon fully healed.  From there, he grew into the Pokemon Agency Rangers association, where he traveled within the country to aid Pokemon and trainers alike.  His new team soon expanded on his journey, growing to a full six he always kept at his side.  Amid the PRA, he began to plot how to take down the Empire from the inside, but he was swept up into the chaos that ensued when the world quaked.  It stopped as abruptly as it began, and he was approached by a powerful Pokemon who spoke to him directly.  Moltres.  It was then he learned of the Tournament of Legends, hosted by an insanely wealthy person who's name was Fayte.  [/spoiler]

Combat Information:

Title:  Guardian

[spoiler=Pokemen]

1.)  Charizard (A.K.A. Glass Cannon):  His prized Pokemon.  Charizard is Glass' heavy hitter, and his best friend.  (Male / Blaze / Petaya Berry /Air Slash, Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Echoed Voice) 

2.)  Malamar:  The Spy Junior Pokemon.  She excels at sneaking.  (Female / Infiltrator / Camouflage, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Calm Mind)

3.)  Cryogonal:  The Anti-Glass.  Often the Pokemon Glass goes to when he needs to. . . cool off.  When combined with Malamar, they make a scary, hard to see team. (Genderless / Levitate /  Ice Beam, Recover, Rapid Spin, Haze)

4.)  Luxray:  The embodiment of badass.  Luxray often sports the same shades as Glass, but does it better.  (Male / Intimidate / Life Orb / Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Ice Fang, Magnet Rise)

5.)  Gengar:  The wild card.  The joker.  The one guy who's always the life of the party.  An explosion in a bottle!  Literally.  (Male / Levitate / Quick Claw / Destiny Bond, Toxic, Shadow Ball, Explosion)

6.)  Moltres:  The Guardian of the Guardian?  The embodiment of Glass.  A burning heart of PASSION!  (Genderless / Pressure / Fire Blast, Air Slash, Roost, Solar Beam)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Powers, Abilities, and Weapons]

Standard 9 Millimeter.  The safety is always on.

Stun gun.  There isn't always a need for violence.  Force?  Maybe.

Survival knife.  Not overly sharp.  Mostly used for shaping and carving, and occasional brush clearing or trap disposal.

Grade C Hand to hand combat.

Grade A Pursuit.  He's an agent.  He loves chasing people.

Grade B Endurance.  Very persistent, this man.[/spoiler]

Other Information:

• The nickname comes from the play on Andrei's burning heart.  It burns so brightly he himself has become Glass, and reflects the evil on the world, revealing it to itself.  Or so he claims.  PASSION!
  • Theme:  Dualism[/spoiler]

You can reserve the both no problem, but you can only have 1 Guardian, so you'll eventually have to choose between one or the other. Still, we are happy to have you :D

was only planning on making 1 guardian anyway. By the way, do we have to stick to moves that a given pokemon can learn in-game, or are we allowed ot give them other moves assuming its reasonable?

Archived