Aix

*No longer accepting*

[hr]

Duel Portal Thread ~

[hr]

Aixtournament_zps5af73c58.png

[hr]

Duel Portal Site ~

[hr]Let us welcome the new year with another try at a tournament for Custom Cards. Using the wonderful seattleite's Duel Portal program, we will now commence our very first Duel Portal tournament. A new year is a time for new beginnings, new resolutions and new cards! Let the new year bring us success and enlightenment on the creation of more balanced and better designed cards! May the Heart of the Cards ever be in your favor!
[hr]
[spoiler=How This Will Work]Everyone will submit your Decks and stuff as well as your Duel Portal username. We will go through a big phase of testing until I'm satisfied that all Decks are more or less on the same Level and then the actual Tournament will begin![/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Rules]

• All rules of YCM apply. I will enforce them with extreme prejudice! May justice always prevail over trolls and spammers!
  • If I say something is final, it is final. You are only allowed to argue before so.
  • Keep your common sense with you at all times.
  • Enter with your YCM name, your Duel Portal name, a link to your Custom Archetype or Set and a Decklist. You ARE allowed to use real life Decks.
  • We will be following the January 2014 banlist.
  • I am free to change the rules whenever I wish.

[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Contestants]We are no longer accepting.

[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Prizes]We'll see. If this is successful, I can be generous.[/spoiler]
[hr]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the gyst is, we create our own Decks, with our own cards, and that's that?

Or is this like the old DP, where there are only premade cards (added by Seattleite upon request)?

Whatever cards. And we'll balance them through playtesting.

problem with this you need to state what kind of level all these decks can be

like can the decks be as good as what a fire fist would be now, or more like what a worm deck would be

is the cards we used aloud to be like fast paced like evilswarm kerykion or more like super-nimble mega hamster

if you know what i mean

you need more rules on what kind of power the decks can have

before people start making their decks like arcana force and then other people make them like dragon rulers

and then it ends up everyone has to remake their cards

YCMember name: A Background Character

DPname: Torpzun

New and updated link to custom cards.

Deck will come when I decide on which build to use. Given DP's lack of activity and constant downtime, I still have some testing to figure out whether the FLIP build, the instant-Rank-3 + Token build, or a hybrid of the two that consequently runs only three primary Planars is the best way to go.

like can the decks be as good as what a fire fist would be now, or more like what a worm deck would be
is the cards we used aloud to be like fast paced like evilswarm kerykion or more like super-nimble mega hamster
if you know what i mean
before people start making their decks like arcana force and then other people make them like dragon rulers

if you know what i mean

For the most part, most people's Decks are close to the same Level to begin with as not everyone's an utter and complete noob. People tend to try to balance their cards. Upon testing, we'll see what threshold is closest to everyone's Decks and make the smallest adjustments possible.

you cant balance a card when you dont know what everyone else will balance their cards to

like I could make a custom deck exactly like blackwings, but you could say its too powerful with its own honest and its own monster reborn and stuff

but the deck right now is bad so I thought all those cards were well balanced

you cant balance a card when you dont know what everyone else will balance their cards to

like I could make a custom deck exactly like blackwings, but you could say its too powerful with its own honest and its own monster reborn and stuff

but the deck right now is bad so I thought all those cards were well balanced

Most people have already made their Decks and if you are just making yours, balance it to what you think is "meta", considering how the meta for Jan 2014 is not even established yet it's a fuzzy line no matter what. Also be wary of bad design. If you can actually make a Deck exactly to a certain power level without playtesting, you are some sort of god.

meta for jan 14 is already a bit established

fire fist (and fire king), mermaill, bujin, geargia, have already been topping some local tournaments on new list

so would you call making cards like cards in those decks be balanced?

Geargia's more or less OTK.dek. Would I accept something like that? Definitely not, it's an OTK. But if you submit a Deck on that level and we find that you are utterly destroying everyone, we'll tell you to tone it down.

kanokarob/kanokarob

The Amour Archetype

[spoiler='Deck List']

Main Deck: 40

Monsters: 34

3 Kiss of Amour

2 Heart of Amour

2 Embrace of Amour

3 Love of Amour

1 Wrath of Amour

3 Poem of Amour

3 Pout of Amour

2 Revenge of Amour

2 Guardian of Amour

2 Abuser of Amour

2 Chance of Amour

2 Star-Crossed Amour

3 Cold of Amour

1 Amour-Amouru-Ra, the Amour

1 Tyrant of Amour

1 Legend of Amour

1 Union of Amour

Spells: 4

3 Amorous Gathering

1 Amorous Grasp

Traps: 2

2 Amorous Flair

Extra Deck:

2 Amour the Destiny

1 Number 78: Amour the Charity

3 Slacker Magician

3 Downerd Magician

1 Number 54: Lion Heart

1 Number 13: Cain's Doom

1 Number 31: Abel's Doom

1 Mira the Star Bearer

1 Number 83: Galaxy Queen

1 Number 56: Gold Rat

[/spoiler]

If any of the cards need changing effect wise, I would appreciate it on the thread just for documentation reasons. :)

[quote name="ShiosaiIke" post="6329738" timestamp="1388570529"]I'm super new, so could someone give me a description of what Duel Portal is? Is it a website where we can upload our custom cards and use them in a duel and such? If so, I'll make an account and jump into this, I made my main Ace just today.[/quote] Yes, yes it is. Kinda unstable, but it's fully functional. Also, I might enter this if I can secure a stable connection.

The problem here, aside from balancing issues, is that Duel Portal itself is prone to disconnecting and/or glitching. I dunno if Seattelite's fixed it yet, but there used to be errors here an' there. And then there's the mechanic of the duels, which can be very disorienting/confusing for new players. 

Also, staples. Staples, generic Xyzs, generic Synchros, archetype/attribute/type specific supports need to be given to all new members. 

Aside from the usual 'DP's down for now' problem, I think the only major bug left is the glitch where the field's interface became screwed up (you can still play normally though, but it's quite inconvenient). as for staples, those are already been distributed to everyone (though they really need updating, as it missed some of the old and new stuffs, such as N101).

Archived