YCM Weekly/Show/future-name-here

CinnamonStar

What did you like about the past issues/what do you want to see this time?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What did you like about the past issues/what do you want to see this time?

• Reviews (video games, music and such)
    • Articles
    • Commentaries like LPs
    • Comedy parts
    • Member-centered parts like interviews
    • I would like to read takes on more serious topics (ex. politics, current debates, etc.)
    • I would like to see more games like lotteries, riddles, etc.
    • More Yugioh
    • Others (please specify)
  2. 2. How often would you read an issue?

• Every week
    • Every second week
    • Every month
    • Other (please specify)
  3. 3. Did/would you follow the YCM Show/Nightly/Weekly?

• Yes, I followed every episode :3
    • From time to time, but not all the episodes
    • No, not at all
    • What is the YCM Weekly?

Well some ex-members of the cast were thinking about bringing it back and we need your opinion on it.:3

The YCM Weekly was a weekly/bi-weekly show for and about the YCM forums.

We had rotating hosts and the show usually included reviews, news about the site, interviews, etc. (click on the links for past issues)

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/281448-ycm-weekly-previews-and-suggestions/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/281490-ycm-weekly-first-episode/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/282315-ycm-weekly-episode-2-angerman-the-legend-of-desu-finale/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/283052-the-ycm-weekly-episode-3-revenge-of-the-cast/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/283487-ycm-weekly-episode-4-a-true-hope/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/283855-ycm-weekly-episode-5-take-the-stage/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/284447-ycm-weekly-episode-6-ycmstuck/

Now we need your feedback since people and interests change, the site changes and we'd like to know what you guys would look forward to.

When should an episode come out and how long should it be?

What did you like about the issues from last year? What was mostly a "yeah man, no one cares"?

Do you prefer text-based episodes or would you like to see more videos or vocal comments? If text-based, longer walls of texts or something more informal?

Please let us know what you think, poll votes and comments would be appreciated!

Of course it will be hard to please everyone, but we will try to cover topics people seem the most interested into.:3

EDIT: Just a heads-up, I put articles up as the parts that weren't reviews like the ones about competitive Pokémon.

I'm not gonna participate again, just so you know.

Episodes should be biweekly, as in every two weeks since that just seems the best and easiest way, as for how long, whatever content you can put together.

Personally, I didn't read all the last episodes, so I wouldn't know.

Walls of text works the best despite walls of text being long and boring.

Awww... But it's ok, we don't want to stress you out or something.xD

I think you were part of the cast at the beginning, right?

Thanks for the feedback too.:3

Also, just thought I'd let you guys know that if we don't stick with a weekly scheme, we will rename the show.

Because making something called "Weekly" not weekly seems...silly.:'D

If you have any name suggestions, please let us know too.=o

Make it educational and relevant in the sense that the contents should feature a different aspect of each section of the forum so that members who perhaps don't frequent a certain section could get a tidbit of what it's about. Promoting shops, singular artworks in showcase, cards, contests, fics, RP's, etc. would be optimal. 

Expand on that as well, perhaps having a section that helps members get into various things this forum has to offer. I could perhaps write up basic tutorials that help with very basic aspects of GIMP like .gif making, since I know a lot of people are interested in that. I could see various others writing about RP/Fic tips.

Regardless, I'd just love to see the YCM Weekly, be about YCM and not containing moderately irrelevant content as that's the main reason I never cared for it. 

If you need any assistance, I'd be more than happy to oblige babe. 

Oh and:

THE YCM TIMES

I can see where you're getting at and we will probably write more reviews about things made/happening on YCM rather than video games and such (though people praised the outside stuff so we're probably keeping that).

The thing about topics is that we always tried to ping-pong between them and to switch between 'educational' articles and more light-hearted parts. Also between custom cards and official cards. I personally still think this is a way to go, but idk. We will follow the poll results.

But sure, we can try putting more weight on site-intern things if there's a lot of interest into that.:3

YCM Times sounds good to me, but it reminds me more of a newspaper and we were actually a talkshow format (in contrast to the 100 newspapers that have been tried on YCM). Still more flexible than 'Weekly' though, I guess.

We'll start recruiting soon btw.~

I am very interested in this idea. I would def. read it, but I don't think I'd be a good choice for staff. I'm not active enough here to be a staff member. However I feel it should start following the poll and branch out. Be flexible. Name sounds great. I feel this should also be a way to attract newer members around the forum. A wall of text sounds the best, but it should include different types of media.

^Yeah we will probably include some videos and pictures between the texts.

So from what it looks like, we will bring something out every 2 weeks and focus on articles, reviews, member-related parts, comedy and some Yugioh. We won't keep the "Weekly" name though, so any other suggestions for the new name? It doesn't mean that we'll keep it, but suggestions are always good.:3

First and foremost, hi Raven.  It's a pleasure to see you again.

On to business.  As an aspiring writer, this interests me very much.  I'd be happy to help in any way that I can, including writing articles and conducting interviews.  I'm not sure what staffing is needed but consider me available.  As far as names go, something that came to mind was "The YCM Courier" or "YCM Extravigant".  I also like "The YCM Times", "The YCM Global", and "The YCM Legend".  Those attract me, personally, the most.  Look forward to working with you all.

I doubt I would be of any assistance, but you have my support.
But, if you do want/need my help, you're fully welcome to drop a PM. Don't think that'll need to happen, so I'll just drop off my support.

Also, for interviews, I would like videos with text (not in the video), so you can either watch, read, or both. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

I'd contribute further ideas, but... I must get started on a map for Jakey. He'll be wanting that map sometime soon I bet. :I

EDIT:

First and foremost, hi Raven.

Ah yes, I remember her name from waaaaaaaay back when, at the old YCM. Oh boy, those were some good memories.

EROS, YOU HOT DEADLY PIECE OF EROTICNESS!

ENRISE, METALBRO RIFFMATE!

What's shakin' ma oldies?

Ah yes, I remember her name from waaaaaaaay back when, at the old YCM. Oh boy, those were some good memories.

Yeah, someone bumped an old thread from 2010, then I remembered Café N00b and some people in it.=o

There are good times in every 'era', but 2008-10 was definitely more...lively. For better or for worse.=P

Noted the name suggestions.

People who would like to help out can apply in the club thread (coming up soon). That's cool btw, and we're probably going with a shifting cast system again.

ENRISE, METALBRO RIFFMATE! RAVEN, MY [CENSORED]!

What's shakin' ma oldies? Oh, y'know, [CENORSED].

Noted the name suggestions.

People who would like to help out can apply in the club thread (coming up soon). That's cool btw, and we're probably going with a shifting cast system again.

Eh, guess I could join I suppose. I really need to find more stuff to do on YCM anyways. Anyways, noted.

EROS, YOU HOT DEADLY PIECE OF EROTICNESS!

Haha, you always know how to make me smile.  :)

Duly noted.  I'll be ready and waiting.

We should have like a: "Anime of the Month" and "Card of the Month" thing. Since an episode each 2 weeks means 2 episodes a month... And we could have like riddles and puzzles for prizes. Just ideas ^.^

Sounds fine, thanks! Yeah we used to have member riddles (like, find the YCM member) and Anime character riddles.

Also for the interested ones, I'd like to point out that some people will get priority since they've been talking about bringing back the show for months. You know, just to make it fair but there will probably be cast changes again. So don't worry.

Question: What do people think about the themed episode we had (only the last one here)? We had a riddle going on to figure out who is who too.

That sounds like a lot of fun actually.  Makes you ponder how much people know each other.  Could be a fun game during the bi-weekly articles.  Gives the members more to look forward to.  And that's never a bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hue, 15 people voted.

So we're definitely going to put more articles and reviews as well as some site-intern stuff into the episodes and try to hit someone up for comedy.xD

As for the broadcasts, I'm sorry to say that there won't be one before the end of the month since I will be away with no Internet access soon.:/

Unless other ex-cast-members want to start it, that's fine.=o

• 4 weeks later...

Archived