(Yes, I'm recycling the logo Night made a few years ago due to lack of time and stuff.)
Welcome to the 2018 YCM Easter Egg Hunt!
There are a total of 36 eggs for you to find.
All of them are scattered around YCM in places you have access to, including some of your profiles and various threads across the board.
Unlike previous years, I will not be using two tiers of difficulty for the eggs. However, you're on your own for finding the eggs and where they are hidden.
They are generally similar to this one from last year in terms of shape and design, but the eggs you need to look for have 2018 printed at the bottom.
No, they are not literally reindeer-themed, but rather the eggs aren't recolored stock ones like ones I've used in previous years and have UNIQUE designs that are relevant to where I hid them in most cases.
April 22nd, 2017 @ 12:00 am HST (GMT -10:00)
I will not end this event early if someone finds all the eggs; results shall be announced a few days later.
1. Once you see this thread, the games have begun.
2. When you find the location of an egg, PM me with your findings (either with the name of the thread you found it in, or the member profile that it's in). It's easier to link threads in the event some members change their names or whatnot.
Use that same PM to notify me of future finds, so it is easier for you and I to keep track of your progress.
3. Be warned that some of the Easter eggs from 2014-2017 may not have been removed. Do NOT get them confused with the ones you have to look for this time.
As noted above, some of the eggs from previous years share similar designs, however the ones relevant for this year have more unique designs and have 2018 printed beneath.
4. Eggs will always be in the first post in a thread and on the 'About Me' page of a members profile. They are not hidden in spoilers nor in member signatures.
Hints are your best friend in figuring out the members/threads, whether they're provided here or implicitly given in other areas. Use them to your advantage in tracking them down.
You should not have to look further than 5-7 pages at most, but you will be searching the entire site nonetheless. Please keep in mind that some eggs are in sections that receive high bursts of activity at certain times, so try to find them quickly.
5. This is an individual event, so you may not share findings with other users or advertise locations publicly.
Sharing information with other users will result in disqualification.
6. If an egg is in your profile and you participate, it won't count towards your final score unless you manage to find the other 35 as well.
Please do not remove it from your profile until after the event ends.
7. Whoever has the most eggs by the end of this event wins, however those of you who find a certain number of them will receive smaller prizes. See the Objective.
8. All standard YCM rules apply.
9. You can ask questions about the event, but not further hints about where certain eggs are; you need to figure it out on your own.
Whoever finds all of the eggs at the end of the tournament wins a permanent member group and 200,000 points, plus a banner.
Runner-up gets 2 months in a member group of their choice (or any free changes to it if you already got one) and 75,000 points.
(If no one finds all the eggs, the requirements to obtain the bigger prizes will be scaled based on results.)
Those who find at least 18 eggs will be allowed 1 month in an Easter Egg Hunter usergroup.
Those who find at least 10 eggs get a small logo.
There are 18 member eggs and 18 forum/thread eggs.
Alright then, let the games begin!