Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

YCM Easter Event 2018

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• ZPD

• 40,525 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

xIGMI3a.png

(Yes, I'm recycling the logo Night made a few years ago due to lack of time and stuff.)

Welcome to the 2018 YCM Easter Egg Hunt!

Objective

There are a total of 36 eggs for you to find.

All of them are scattered around YCM in places you have access to, including some of your profiles and various threads across the board.

Unlike previous years, I will not be using two tiers of difficulty for the eggs. However, you're on your own for finding the eggs and where they are hidden.

BfSkXwE.png

They are generally similar to this one from last year in terms of shape and design, but the eggs you need to look for have 2018 printed at the bottom.

No, they are not literally reindeer-themed, but rather the eggs aren't recolored stock ones like ones I've used in previous years and have UNIQUE designs that are relevant to where I hid them in most cases.

Deadline

April 22nd, 2017 @ 12:00 am HST (GMT -10:00)

I will not end this event early if someone finds all the eggs; results shall be announced a few days later.

Rulebook

1. Once you see this thread, the games have begun.

2. When you find the location of an egg, PM me with your findings (either with the name of the thread you found it in, or the member profile that it's in). It's easier to link threads in the event some members change their names or whatnot.

Use that same PM to notify me of future finds, so it is easier for you and I to keep track of your progress.

3. Be warned that some of the Easter eggs from 2014-2017 may not have been removed. Do NOT get them confused with the ones you have to look for this time.

As noted above, some of the eggs from previous years share similar designs, however the ones relevant for this year have more unique designs and have 2018 printed beneath. 

4. Eggs will always be in the first post in a thread and on the 'About Me' page of a members profile. They are not hidden in spoilers nor in member signatures.

Hints are your best friend in figuring out the members/threads, whether they're provided here or implicitly given in other areas. Use them to your advantage in tracking them down.

You should not have to look further than 5-7 pages at most, but you will be searching the entire site nonetheless. Please keep in mind that some eggs are in sections that receive high bursts of activity at certain times, so try to find them quickly.

5. This is an individual event, so you may not share findings with other users or advertise locations publicly.

Sharing information with other users will result in disqualification.

6. If an egg is in your profile and you participate, it won't count towards your final score unless you manage to find the other 35 as well.

Please do not remove it from your profile until after the event ends.

7. Whoever has the most eggs by the end of this event wins, however those of you who find a certain number of them will receive smaller prizes. See the Objective.

8. All standard YCM rules apply.

9. You can ask questions about the event, but not further hints about where certain eggs are; you need to figure it out on your own. 

Prizes

Whoever finds all of the eggs at the end of the tournament wins a permanent member group and 200,000 points, plus a banner.

Runner-up gets 2 months in a member group of their choice (or any free changes to it if you already got one)  and 75,000 points.

(If no one finds all the eggs, the requirements to obtain the bigger prizes will be scaled based on results.)

Those who find at least 18 eggs will be allowed 1 month in an Easter Egg Hunter usergroup.

Those who find at least 10 eggs get a small logo.

Hints

Decipher them to find the hidden eggs

There are 18 member eggs and 18 forum/thread eggs.

Alright then, let the games begin!

Good luck.

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • ZPD

• 40,525 posts
    Last Visit

Should've been done a couple days ago, but for those of you still interested, here's how things stand at the moment (based on any findings I have gotten from you via PM). 

• Top 2 members thus far have found more than 20 eggs and only one point separates them.
  • List of the eggs that no one has found yet: 5, 8, 11, 17, 20, 21, 22, 29, 32. [Additionally, there are a couple which only one person has found]
    • As a small piece of information, a few of these are in areas that don't receive a ton of traffic compared to the rest of the place.
    • Remember, they are scattered throughout YCM in different areas, so you may have to enter sections which you normally do not frequent. (Some sections do have multiple eggs)
      • A few of them are in plain sight.

You all do have another 2 weeks (er...12 days anyway) to find them (or start hunting if you haven't done it already), so there's time and pretty sure that some of those eggs will be found by end of the week. 

There are also sleeper hints buried in profiles which are relevant to some of the locations. They will not directly tell you where, but moreso of a guide to where you should look. If you passed over some profiles earlier, look at them again for you may have missed something there.

=====

Think about what the hint is implying (given certain words being emphasized, or what it says). It may help if you recall certain events or places where members took on temporary identities and acted in accordance with their characters thereof. One of them is somewhat recent in light of a previous "gathering" last year. 

Or, recall certain anime characters and their most commonly used phrases.

[divider]

I am basing the above progress reports on whatever you send me via PMs in terms of findings. If you don't let me know of your progress, then I don't know if you've actually found any of the undiscovered eggs or if you've actually gotten more than the leaders at the moment. 

But yeah, keep looking. You're bound to find them. 

- (Innocencia, 2015)

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • ZPD

• 40,525 posts
    Last Visit

Just a reminder that the event ends at the stroke of midnight next Sunday my time (GMT -10:00), so one more week left.

Now then, here's your week 2 update in terms of standings. 

• All of the eggs have been found by at least one person (including the nine that I mentioned above), so none of them remain undiscovered.
  • One person has found all 36 eggs at this time.
    • Runner up currently has 26 (if I remember from my spreadsheet) and the person behind them has 22-23.

Like I've said beforehand, it is in your best interest to locate them quickly since the sections they are in may receive heavy traffic during certain periods and push the thread back a page or so. 

That applies to 1 of the eggs you needed to find (as it is in one of those sections that has its heavy periods); those of you who found that one before the traffic, that's good for you. If you haven't found it already, it's still there, but you'll have to look back another page. Everything else shouldn't have been shifted too much, if at all. 

====

There's still time for those of you who want in to do it (or if you lapsed a bit to make up lost ground), but...time's running short. 

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • ZPD

• 40,525 posts
    Last Visit

And with the stroke of midnight [well, an hour ago anyway], the 2018 Easter Event comes to a close. 

Well, the submission part ended, but now the parts you all want to see: The eggs themselves, locations (and some rationale for where they were located) and more importantly, who won this event

Eggs (warning: large pic)

Locations

And the winners are...

I would've liked to have done this event earlier (i.e. have event end before Easter, as I was planning this several months in advance), however things happened like lab reports and other things for college.

Some of the hints could've been a bit more specific, as I already mentioned that a few of them were somewhat vague (and left a lot of room for interpretation as to where they could've been hidden).

With that, everything's done now. All that's left is to hear some thoughts as to make 2019's one better (and/or to improve the quality of staff events for the rest of the year, such as the Halloween one and whatever else comes up)

Hopefully you all enjoyed the hunt this year.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,577 posts
    Last Visit 32 minutes ago
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

I know it doesn't matter (as it changes nothing), but I found 30 eggs not 26. You must've not updated your database to add the 4 eggs I found since you updated your findings for me.

Anywho, thoughts on the 6 eggs I failed to find:

5: I figured it had to have been a rules thread, I must've not looked through all the (relevant) rules threads it seems.

8: I probs didn't look hard enough in General, that or I overlooked it.

15: I'm probs an idiot for not figuring this out.

21: I didn't think of looking in introductions tbph, and I also didn't know Ivan Ooze was a villain in Power Rangers. Probs why I didn't figure out this clue

22: Guess I was looking in the wrong graphics area. I thought it was in an old Grapics comp thread, whoops

34: Why didn't I think of changing skins? Wow

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Nathanael D. Striker

Nathanael D. Striker

Livin' the dream.

• Twilight Wanderer

• 19,542 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:34 PM
  • Discord:Striker#1560
  • Alias:Striker
Oh yeah, I finished with 11 days to spare. A lot of hunting, but it was well worth it. :)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • ZPD

• 40,525 posts
    Last Visit

I know it doesn't matter (as it changes nothing), but I found 30 eggs not 26. You must've not updated your database to add the 4 eggs I found since you updated your findings for me.

Anywho, thoughts on the 6 eggs I failed to find:

5: I figured it had to have been a rules thread, I must've not looked through all the (relevant) rules threads it seems.

8: I probs didn't look hard enough in General, that or I overlooked it.

15: I'm probs an idiot for not figuring this out.

21: I didn't think of looking in introductions tbph, and I also didn't know Ivan Ooze was a villain in Power Rangers. Probs why I didn't figure out this clue

22: Guess I was looking in the wrong graphics area. I thought it was in an old Grapics comp thread, whoops

34: Why didn't I think of changing skins? Wow

Yeah, I probably didn't; sorry about that. But you still got runner-up status. 

To be fair to you though,

5. The entirety of Showcase / Graphics is inactive, so might've not came up to look in there. (Though, it did say "no generators for products" and doesn't really make sense for CC b/c of the cardmaker. For Graphics, yeah, no using those banner maker sites or something)

8. Likely the latter, though no one else but Striker found it iirc.

15. Not necessarily, though I should check how many others didn't find it either. Also might've gotten pushed down a bit with the other RPs going on.

21. I didn't know either, well (at the time that came up), considering I haven't watched Power Rangers for several years. That might've been a reason for a lot of others not finding it.

22. I can see how you'd get to that idea, because as it's written, hint was kinda vague and could imply either there or Showcase. 

34. IIRC only Striker and one other member figured that out, but yeah, it was a change theme. Hopefully the egg actually stayed inside as the forum logo, as I did check on it after ending and occasionally it was gone. 

That being said, how many people found the forum skin egg in 2014 when Night hid it on YCM 2? 

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,577 posts
    Last Visit 32 minutes ago
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

Yeah, I probably didn't; sorry about that. But you still got runner-up status. 

To be fair to you though,

5. The entirety of Showcase / Graphics is inactive, so might've not came up to look in there. (Though, it did say "no generators for products" and doesn't really make sense for CC b/c of the cardmaker. For Graphics, yeah, no using those banner maker sites or something)

8. Likely the latter, though no one else but Striker found it iirc.

15. Not necessarily, though I should check how many others didn't find it either. Also might've gotten pushed down a bit with the other RPs going on.

21. I didn't know either, well (at the time that came up), considering I haven't watched Power Rangers for several years. That might've been a reason for a lot of others not finding it.

22. I can see how you'd get to that idea, because as it's written, hint was kinda vague and could imply either there or Showcase. 

34. IIRC only Striker and one other member figured that out, but yeah, it was a change theme. Hopefully the egg actually stayed inside as the forum logo, as I did check on it after ending and occasionally it was gone.

Worst part was I found the theme change egg in 2014, and fail to find it here.

As for Ivan, I literally did a google search after I viewed the thread.

That being said, how many people found the forum skin egg in 2014 when Night hid it on YCM 2? 

At least 6; (that includes me and Striker).

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Merry Neomas!

• Moderators
  • 11,820 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:35 PM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

I saw the egg on the Mind and Soul thread and had forgotten that was where one was and was startled lol

8PBUpdp.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • ZPD

• 40,525 posts
    Last Visit

Well, you and the other mods did have access to the planning thread inside the mod area so you knew about it in advance. Hopefully it didn't surprise anyone who was participating in it too much. 

[Yeah, that's why there was a Serena egg.]

(Not that Gamefreak will actually name the Gen 8 games "Mind and Soul", though they're technically out of ideas for naming. But...that's slightly irrelevant to this topic.)

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

The Necromancer

The Necromancer

• Night's Watch

• 14,445 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:12 PM
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

Well, you and the other mods did have access to the planning thread inside the mod area so you knew about it in advance. Hopefully it didn't surprise anyone who was participating in it too much. 

[Yeah, that's why there was a Serena egg.]

(Not that Gamefreak will actually name the Gen 8 games "Mind and Soul", though they're technically out of ideas for naming. But...that's slightly irrelevant to this topic.)

Just do Spacial Pearl and Temporal Diamond instead?

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • ZPD

• 40,525 posts
    Last Visit

That would be for the Gen 4 remakes whenever they get there, but like I noted before, Gamefreak stuff is irrelevant in this thread. Save this for the Video Game section whenever stuff comes up. 

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

mido9

mido9

Preeeeeeeeeeetty good member

• Endless Nine

• 3,007 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:34 PM
  • Spouse:ur mom

That member was me, fun fact I found it randomly while browsing themes and it spurred me to go find the others, so yeah.

v355le5.png

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • ZPD

• 40,525 posts
    Last Visit

You were the first one to find that egg, so...yeah. 

I cannot answer why British succeeded in finding Night's one long ago, but not that one. Probably we have more themes than in the past (iirc it was just the standard and YCM 2 available to you; now we have regular, modern (2x), YCM 2, the 2009 vintage model of YCM 2, Cardgame Coalition theme, Import, etc)

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • ZPD

• 40,525 posts
    Last Visit

At the time of writing, I've given out the participation logos via PM and awarded the prize money (all that's left is to give Striker his banner for winning, but I can do that later after shop orders). 

For those of you interested in how many times each egg was actually found, here's a screenshot. (And yeah, British did have his count updated). 

Vksxu2Y.png

Thanks to all of you who participated, and congratulations to the winners.

Hopefully you all come back for the 2019 version. 

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users