• Start New Topic
Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

YCM Easter Event 2018

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 37,770 posts
    Last Visit 10 minutes ago
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

xIGMI3a.png

(Yes, I'm recycling the logo Night made a few years ago due to lack of time and stuff.)

Welcome to the 2018 YCM Easter Egg Hunt!

Objective

There are a total of 36 eggs for you to find.

All of them are scattered around YCM in places you have access to, including some of your profiles and various threads across the board.

Unlike previous years, I will not be using two tiers of difficulty for the eggs. However, you're on your own for finding the eggs and where they are hidden.

BfSkXwE.png

They are generally similar to this one from last year in terms of shape and design, but the eggs you need to look for have 2018 printed at the bottom.

No, they are not literally reindeer-themed, but rather the eggs aren't recolored stock ones like ones I've used in previous years and have UNIQUE designs that are relevant to where I hid them in most cases.

Deadline

April 22nd, 2017 @ 12:00 am HST (GMT -10:00)

I will not end this event early if someone finds all the eggs; results shall be announced a few days later.

Rulebook

1. Once you see this thread, the games have begun.

2. When you find the location of an egg, PM me with your findings (either with the name of the thread you found it in, or the member profile that it's in). It's easier to link threads in the event some members change their names or whatnot.

Use that same PM to notify me of future finds, so it is easier for you and I to keep track of your progress.

3. Be warned that some of the Easter eggs from 2014-2017 may not have been removed. Do NOT get them confused with the ones you have to look for this time.

As noted above, some of the eggs from previous years share similar designs, however the ones relevant for this year have more unique designs and have 2018 printed beneath. 

4. Eggs will always be in the first post in a thread and on the 'About Me' page of a members profile. They are not hidden in spoilers nor in member signatures.

Hints are your best friend in figuring out the members/threads, whether they're provided here or implicitly given in other areas. Use them to your advantage in tracking them down.

You should not have to look further than 5-7 pages at most, but you will be searching the entire site nonetheless. Please keep in mind that some eggs are in sections that receive high bursts of activity at certain times, so try to find them quickly.

5. This is an individual event, so you may not share findings with other users or advertise locations publicly.

Sharing information with other users will result in disqualification.

6. If an egg is in your profile and you participate, it won't count towards your final score unless you manage to find the other 35 as well.

Please do not remove it from your profile until after the event ends.

7. Whoever has the most eggs by the end of this event wins, however those of you who find a certain number of them will receive smaller prizes. See the Objective.

8. All standard YCM rules apply.

9. You can ask questions about the event, but not further hints about where certain eggs are; you need to figure it out on your own. 

Prizes

Whoever finds all of the eggs at the end of the tournament wins a permanent member group and 200,000 points, plus a banner.

Runner-up gets 2 months in a member group of their choice (or any free changes to it if you already got one)  and 75,000 points.

(If no one finds all the eggs, the requirements to obtain the bigger prizes will be scaled based on results.)

Those who find at least 18 eggs will be allowed 1 month in an Easter Egg Hunter usergroup.

Those who find at least 10 eggs get a small logo.

Hints

Decipher them to find the hidden eggs

There are 18 member eggs and 18 forum/thread eggs.

Alright then, let the games begin!

Good luck.

Signature Stuff
Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 37,770 posts

Should've been done a couple days ago, but for those of you still interested, here's how things stand at the moment (based on any findings I have gotten from you via PM). 

• Top 2 members thus far have found more than 20 eggs and only one point separates them.
  • List of the eggs that no one has found yet: 5, 8, 11, 17, 20, 21, 22, 29, 32. [Additionally, there are a couple which only one person has found]
    • As a small piece of information, a few of these are in areas that don't receive a ton of traffic compared to the rest of the place.
    • Remember, they are scattered throughout YCM in different areas, so you may have to enter sections which you normally do not frequent. (Some sections do have multiple eggs)
      • A few of them are in plain sight.

You all do have another 2 weeks (er...12 days anyway) to find them (or start hunting if you haven't done it already), so there's time and pretty sure that some of those eggs will be found by end of the week. 

There are also sleeper hints buried in profiles which are relevant to some of the locations. They will not directly tell you where, but moreso of a guide to where you should look. If you passed over some profiles earlier, look at them again for you may have missed something there.

=====

Think about what the hint is implying (given certain words being emphasized, or what it says). It may help if you recall certain events or places where members took on temporary identities and acted in accordance with their characters thereof. One of them is somewhat recent in light of a previous "gathering" last year. 

Or, recall certain anime characters and their most commonly used phrases.

[divider]

I am basing the above progress reports on whatever you send me via PMs in terms of findings. If you don't let me know of your progress, then I don't know if you've actually found any of the undiscovered eggs or if you've actually gotten more than the leaders at the moment. 

But yeah, keep looking. You're bound to find them. 

- (Innocencia, 2015)

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 37,770 posts

Just a reminder that the event ends at the stroke of midnight next Sunday my time (GMT -10:00), so one more week left.

Now then, here's your week 2 update in terms of standings. 

• All of the eggs have been found by at least one person (including the nine that I mentioned above), so none of them remain undiscovered.
  • One person has found all 36 eggs at this time.
    • Runner up currently has 26 (if I remember from my spreadsheet) and the person behind them has 22-23.

Like I've said beforehand, it is in your best interest to locate them quickly since the sections they are in may receive heavy traffic during certain periods and push the thread back a page or so. 

That applies to 1 of the eggs you needed to find (as it is in one of those sections that has its heavy periods); those of you who found that one before the traffic, that's good for you. If you haven't found it already, it's still there, but you'll have to look back another page. Everything else shouldn't have been shifted too much, if at all. 

====

There's still time for those of you who want in to do it (or if you lapsed a bit to make up lost ground), but...time's running short. 

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users